This unofficial guide for Kingdom Come: Deliverance will help you with this rather complicated game. The guide is divided into a few extensive chapters and the first one contains various tips.
- Tips for start
- Questions and answers
- Trophy Guide
- Kingdom Come Maps
- Treasure maps
What should I remember about before starting a new game?
- Select the normal difficulty. We don't recommend hardcore mode for your first playthrough of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. That difficulty level makes exploration, combat, keeping your character alive and saving your progress much more difficult. This mode is for those who have already completed the game and want additional challenge for their second playthrough.
- You can't save without any restrictions. Forget about saving whenever you want to. Your character can only do that by drinking Saviour Schnapps - these potions can't be found anywhere nor you can mass produce them. This means that you have to change the way you play. Visit a bed or a bathhouse after every longer adventure - theses places will save your game automatically. Auto saves are also created during certain parts of the quests.
- You can't win a fight by clicking the same button. Even the weakest enemies can be challenging. You need to know where and when to attack, block, dodge and go for a counterattack. The best solution is to avoid combat during your first few hours with the game. In Rattay, the place you reach during the main storyline, you can practice melee combat and learn more advanced techniques by visiting the arena.
- You can complete the game without killing (almost) anyone. Another thing that can convince you to avoid combat at the start of the game is the fact that you can beat almost the entire campaign without killing anyone. The game always gives you alternate solutions - you can, e.g. be cunning during a conversation, avoid enemies, let your allies deal with bandits or run away. The last variant is especially useful when you come across a more powerful enemy.
- Take care of Henry. In Kingdom Come: Deliverance you have to pay attention to a few additional factors that have impact on health and overall well-being of your character. Lost health points won't replenish over time which means that you have to drink potions, eat food or rest. Sleep is also necessary to "reset" the fatigue bar. Henry can also feel hungry - always have something to eat in your inventory. You can also visit locations that have food (you can either buy or steal it).
- Pickpocketing and lockpicking are a challenge here. They both feature a mini-game. At first, you may have problems with completing them. Don't worry, the problems are caused by Henry's lack of experience. In Kingdom Come: Deliverance Henry gains proficiency by repeating the same actions again and again. Every successfully completed mini-game increases your hero's skills which means that he can later become much better at it.
- You get a horse after completing the first few quests. In the beginning, you can't "assign" any of the horses to your character. Don't try to steal them because you can have a lot of problems. Focus on completing the main quests. One of the rewards for The Prey quest is your own horse. From now on you can ride on your horse without any limitations.
More tips can be found in the Starting tips chapter.
How to develop the hero's main stats?
In Kingdom Come: Deliverance you develop your skills by performing activities related to them. Some of the skills can also be leveled up in an alternate way, e.g. by visiting trainers and paying (a lot) for their training.
- Strength - Participate in fights and practice in the arenas.
- Dexterity - Use a bow, perform dodges.
- Vitality - Sprint and climb.
- Speech - Speak with NPCs.
- Defence - Use blocks.
- Warfare - Participate in fights.
- Mace, Bow, Sword, Axe - Use these weapons.
- Unarmed - Defeat your enemies by using fists.
- Alchemy - Brew potions.
- Reading - Read books (after learning this skill from the scribe in Uzhitz).
- Pickpocketing - Steal from NPCs' pockets.
- Horsemanship - Ride on your horse.
- Maintenance - Repair your equipment.
- Hunting - Hunt wild animals.
- Drinking - Drink alcohol and potions.
- Stealth - Sneak into restricted areas.
- Lockpicking - Open locks with lockpicks.
- Herbalism - Collect herbs.
More information about each of the skills can be found in the Character progression chapter.
The most common problems with Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- Kingdom Come doesn't work / freezes. Start with installing the newest drivers for your graphics card. Also, remember to check out if your PC meets the minimum recommended requirements. Another thing you have to do, regardless of which platform you own, is to update the game to the newest version.
- I can't complete a quest. Some of the quests have bugs which can cause problems or even prevent you from completing them. One of these quests is called "A Bird in the Hand". During this side quest you can have a bug that causes your cages to disappear. Most of the quests has been fixed in patch 1.6 and in the previous patches. However, if you still run into a bug, try to reload your previous save and start that quest again. Some of our walkthroughs contain information about possible bugs.
- My character is overburdened. Kingdom Come: Deliverance has a rather restrictive weight limit. Having your hero overburdened isn't recommended - you can have problems with fights or even with exploring the world. Don't pick up every item you come across, sell every useless item, better pieces of equipment that aren't currently used should be placed into your chest. You can also increase your weight limit by developing Strength and unlocking Mule perks.
- I try to sneak but the enemies can still detect me. The stealth mechanic in Kingdom Come is rather complex. Remove all heavy pieces of armor that can generate sound before you start sneaking. Also, don't forget to crouch. All your stealth attempts should be done during a night - most of the NPCs will go to their beds.
- The save option is unavailable. If you don't see the save option in the pause menu then it means that you are out of Saviour Schnapps. Manual saves are possible only by drinking this potion. Each save costs one potion. Don't overdo with manual saves - this would require you to buy, find or brew (by using Alchemy) new Saviour Schnapps. Drink them only in important moments, e.g. right before a challenging battle.
- I have no lockpicks. Lockpicks, just like Saviour Schnapps, are items with a very limited availability. You need them to open locks. They are easy to break which means that you can lose them forever if you aren't careful. New lockpicks can be found in the world or they can be bought from millers (black marketeers) or a few selected traders (e.g. Votava who can be found in Talmberg castle).
- I have no gold. Some of the methods that allow you to get a lot of gold fast aren't that obvious. Collecting herbs is a very interesting method but it requires your character to have Herbalism at a high level. Thanks to that you will be able to collect much more herbs with one click. Besides that, you should also remember to sell useless items from your inventory. However, traders are only interested in certain goods and they have limited amount of gold.
- I can't find a shovel. You need this item to, e.g. dig out graves and treasures. The lack of a shovel can be problematic during, e.g. "Good Thief" side quest. However, finding it is very simple - one of the shovels leans on the cart that can be found in miller Peshek's farm in Rattay (the starting place for that quest).
- I don't have a good weapon nor armor. Know that a basic weapon and armor can all be received during the first few main quests. However, you can also decide to look for them yourself. One of the chances to find good equipment is during your first visit in Talmberg which happens after your escape from Skalitz. You can get inside the armory and steal the most valuable items stored there. This requires you to use lockpicks, however, all castles in the game have low level locks.
- I can't read books. This isn't a bug. Henry can't read at the beginning of Kingdom Come. You need to start "Mightier Than the Sword" side quest - visit the scribe who lives in Uzhitz. Spend a little bit of gold and stay there for a few days - after that Henry will learn the basics of reading. From now on you can start reading books.
- I have failed a quest. All quests in Kingdom Come are non-linear. Some of the side quests can end with a failure. You can lead to this outcome by, e.g. not helping an NPC within a certain time limit, leading to someone's death or by being caught red-handed. Try to come to terms with this failure or reload your previous save if the game doesn't allow you to resume a quest.
- I can't defeat Runt. The first meeting with Runt happens when you go back to ruined Skalitz (this takes place during the first few quests). Your second meeting with Runt is in Pribyslavitz during "Baptism of Fire" main quest. This is where you have to defeat him. Runt is the only enemy who must be killed. Equip Henry with good armor, a high-quality melee weapon and, optionally, a bow before you start this quest. During the duel you should look for chances to block his attacks and to use your own combos or to shoot him with your bow. Runt can die instantly if he gets shot in the head.
More detailed solutions to the problems listed above and other topics can be found in the FAQ section.
Tips for start
The guide's main focus is to provide various starting tips. Thanks to them you should be able to learn all of the basic gameplay rules and survive the first few hours. Other pages contain descriptions of topics such as combat, character progression, travelling around the game's world, meeting with NPCs, equipment management or using alchemy.
- Starting tips - guide with hints to get you started in Kingdom Come.
- World exploration and NPCs
- Combat Guide for Kingdom Come Deliverance - Health and stamina bars, armor, ranged and melee weapons, escaping and more.
- Skills trainers (localization)
- Character progression - ability, skills, stats and attributes.
- Dice Minigame in Kingdom Come - how to win and earn money?
- Alchemy - tips for alchemy in Kingdom Come.
- Command list - commands, codes, items id and cheats for Kingdom Come.
- Controls for Kingdom Come
- System requirements for Kingdom Come Deliverance
Questions and answers
A lot of time and effort was put into the FAQ chapter. There, you can learn how to get rich fast, how to find a good weapon and armor with ease, which abilities should be unlocked first, how to win bigger battles, how to act when your character is caught red-handed or how to successfully sneak into enemy camps.
- What should I do after I commit a crime in Kingdom Come?
- How to deal with the weight limit?
- How to prepare for bigger battles?
- How to sneak in Kingdom Come?
- Why can't I save the games in Kingdom Come? - Saving in Kingdom Come Deliverance is not so simple. Check out our video guide to learn all ways to save the game, including Saviour Schnapps.
- How to obtain the lockpicks? - lockpicking in Kingdom Come Deliverance.
- How to quickly gain money at the beginning of the game? Give me your groschen!
- How to get a good armor at the beginning?
- How to get a better bow?
- Where to find shovel and the grave?
- How to get the first horse? - your first mount in Kingdom Come!
- How to survive at the beginning in Kingdom Come.
- How to learn pickpocketing?
- How to quickly gain money?
- Which perks for start?
- How to craft Saviour Schnapps? (video guide)
- Why did I fail a quest?
- Where I can learn how to read?
- Why I can't save the game on PS4? - saving bug on PlayStation 4 platform.
- How to get the best horse?
- How to get an armor for your horse?
- Why did the bird traps from A Bird in the Hand quest disappear? - check out our fix for bug in A Bird in the Hand quest.
- How to defeat Runt? - boss battle tactics.
- Necronomicon - where I can find it? - Lovecraft book in Kingdom Come!
- Queen of Sheba's Sword - How to get the legendary weapon in Kingdom Come?
- How to repair a damaged weapon or armor? - repairing and maintenance using grindstones.
The chapter dedicated to achievements is another important part. There, you can find a full list of trophies and Steam achievements along with tips that will help you unlock them. The final part of the guide consists of world atlas which features high-resolution maps of the entire world with the most important locations marked on them.
- List of trophies (Trophies: Alcoholic, Anorectic, Virgin, Gambler, Convict and many more)
- How to save Theresa? (Cavalier Trophy)
- How to complete the game without killing anybody? (Merciful Trophy)
- How to complete the game and stay in celibate? (Virgin Trophy)
Yes, you can romance in Kingdom Come Deliverance. Check our romance guide and learn more about Lady Stephanie (quest At Your Service My Lady) and Theresa (quest Courtship).
Kingdom Come Maps
Maps for Kingdom Come contains all crucial NPC, vendors, merchants, skills trainers and treasure maps:
- World map
- Sasau - Town
- Sasau - Monastery
Treasure maps in Kingdom Come are pictures with symbolical hints - if you find the right place, you will get a reward!
- All Treasure Maps in Kingdom Come - our map with markings of all treasures, chests and loot in Kingdom Come.
- Treasure XVIII (rewards: dogwood hunting bow, fashionable slippers, hunting cap, lucky playing dice, nighthawk recipe, The Joy of Gutting IV)
- Treasure IV (rewards: chalices and groschen)
- Treasure XI (rewards: Villager's dogwood bow)
- Treasure XX (rewards: Ash longbow, basic horse-riding skills IV, noble's dark shoes, recipe Aqua Vitalis)
- Treasure XVII (rewards: Dogwood bow, Decorated riding boots, necklace, skill book: lockpicking)
- Treasure XVI (rewards: Ash hunting bow and Hunting sword)
The guide for Kingdom Come: Deliverance also offers a detailed walkthrough. There, you can find solutions for both the main quests (divided into acts) and the side quests that you can unlock by talking with NPCs. Their descriptions contain information that can help you start them, what are your possible rewards for finishing a given quest and different ways of completing them. Many quests in the game aren't linear which is also mentioned in their descriptions. You can also check future consequences of your actions.
Kingdom Come Walkthrough contains all main quests with advice. Check out our solution:
- Unexpected Visit
- Homecoming; Awakening
- Train Hard, Fight Easy
- Keeping the Peace
- The Prey
- The Hunt Begins
- Ginger in a Pickle
- Mysterious Ways
- On the Scent
- My Friend Timmy
- Nest of Vipers
- Baptism of Fire
- Questions and Answers
- All that Glisters
- If You Can't Beat'em
- Poverty, Chastity and Obedience
- Rattay Quests (The Good Thief, Pickpocketing, Aquarius, Cook, A Bird in the Hand, Next to Godliness, Tough Love)
- Uzhitz Quests (Mightier than the Sword, Playing with the Devil, The Horse that Bolted)
- Talmberg (The House of God)
- Neuhof (The Sport of Kings)
- Ledetchko (Restless Spirit, Lost In Translation)
- Sasau (In Gods Hand, Weeds, New Herbarium, Saintly Remains, Rattle, Damsel in Distress)
- Rovna (A Man of the Cloth)
Activities (small quests)
Kingdom Come offers some smaller side quests called activities. Here you can find walkthrough for several activities in many towns:
- Rattay activities (This As Thieves Woyzeck, Thick As Thieves Peshek, Do Me a Favour Punch Me, Ruin, Beggars Feast and Rob the Rich, Give to the Poor)
- Talmberg (Skin)
- Inn in the Glade (A Woman Scorned, Delicacies)
- Ledetchko (Chumps on the River)
- Sasau (Thick as Thieves Simon, Green-Eyed Monster, The Queen of Shebas Sword)
The most important keys for Kingdom Come on PC
Below you can find our list of the most important keys and buttons used in Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PC version). The full list of controls can be found in the Controls chapter.
Interact / Pick up an item / Start a conversation / Confirm action
Jump / Climb
Crouch / Sneak
Kick or other special attack
Block / Parry
Take out a melee weapon
Take out a bow
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a complex RPG set in Medieval Europe. The developers put a lot of focus on realism. This is reflected by a complete absence of fantasy elements (magic, monsters etc.) and numerous difficulties in keeping your hero alive. Your character can't heal fast but he can feel hungry and tired. This realism is an important part of the combat system where you can use various types of melee and ranged weapons.
Jacek "Stranger" Halas (www.gamepressure.com)
About Kingdom Come Deliverance Game Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas for gamepressure.com
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Video Game
- genre: RPG
- developer: Warhorse Studios
- publisher: Deep Silver / Koch Media
- platform: PC, XONE, PS4
The action of Kingdom Come: Deliverance starts in 1403, several dozen years before the bloody Hussite Wars that shook not only the Kingdom of Bohemia and the Holy Roman Empire, but also other countries, including the Kingdom of Poland ruled by Wladyslaw Jagiello. The developers made sure to ensure accuracy not only in terms of details such us character appearance, but also of historical events. In the game we can meet, for example, both Polish knights, who visited Bohemia, and representatives of the Teutonic Order that competed and warred with Poland in that period.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance offers a lot of freedom and a huge open world. The protagonist, a humble blacksmith whose family was murdered by an invading army, is described by a number of various statistics and skills. It is entirely up to the player whether he becomes a knight or a rogue. The trait values increase with time and can also be modified by means of alchemy. Furthermore, we can make use of great character customization options in the form of 20 slots for weapons, clothing and equipment.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 12 GB RAM, graphic card 6 GB GeForce GTX 1060 / 8 GB Radeon RX 580, 30 GB HDD, Windows 7/8 64-bit
Minimum: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0 GHz, 6 GB RAM, graphic card 2 GB GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon HD 7870 or better, 30 GB HDD, Windows 7/8 64-bit
More About Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Guys at Warhorse Studios are ready to announce the release date for Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Along with it comes an epic new trailer.
When Kingdom Come: Deliverance is finally out, and it won't be divided into three, separately released acts, but as a whole. This medieval sandbox will also get a sequel featuring a brand new story.
The summer release of Kingdom Come: Deliverance PC is endangered. The game's publisher wants to launch the game simultaneously on PC and consoles, however, PS4 and XONE versions will need some extra time.
The latest update to Kingdom Come: Deliverance introduces crime system, AI improvements, dynamic soundtrack, survival elements and more. Warhorse is now warming up to release the game’s beta version.
A new video from Kingdom Come: Deliverance appeared, in which the developers are discussing sword combat system.