This page contains a list of side quests that can be unlocked in Talmberg. The first time you reach the castle and the village happens during Run! main quest. We recommend starting the side quests available there after completing either Homecoming or The Prey (you get your own horse) main quests.
The House of God
How to unlock: Speak with Sir Divish in Talmberg castle.
Sir Divish stays in Talmberg castle. He can inform you about an accident that happened in Sasau Monastery. Offer your help and start your private investigation.
Head to the Sasau Monastery and speak with Brother Porter. He sends you to the Overseer. Another person that you need to meet with is Master Karel - he can be found in the construction site where the accident took place. Ask him about everything. From now on the investigation branches out but you will be able to examine all leads.
Examine the place of the accident
Go to the place where the fatal accident took place. Go down the ladder and examine the big boulder in two different places. Henry picks up its fragment.
Take the piece of the boulder and head to the quarry located near Talmberg. Speak with Rupert and show him what you have found. You learn that this boulder isn't from the Talmberg's quarry. Go back to the Sasau Monastery and tell Master Karel what you have learned.
Find and examine the Devil's skull
Find Leshek (go south from the monastery). Talk to him about the demonic skull that he has found. You must now search for it yourself because the man threw it away. Go north and reach the river. The Devil's skull is found in the place presented in the picture.
Henry needs to verify the item's authenticity. Take it to the local knacker, he can be found in Sasau. It turns out that it is fake.
Go back to the construction site in the monastery. You won't find Leshek in the area marked by the game. Instead, you have to speak with Zmola. Tell him about the fake skull and ask about Leshek's location.
Zmola asks you to meet with him and Leshek under scaffolding after dusk. Wait until about 9:00 pm and reach the scaffolding presented in the picture. This starts a short cut-scene that shows a man who threw a brick at Henry. Start climbing up the scaffolding. Henry gets attacked by a worker at the top. Defeat him (either with your fists or a melee weapon - watch out so you won't fall down!). After that you have to speak with the man. You learn that he was sent by Zmola who wants to kill Leshek. You can spare the worker or kill him.
Hurry up if you want to catch Zmola. Jump down from one level of scaffolding on another instead of using the ladder but pay attention to Henry's stamina because he can receive damage from the jumps if the bar is empty. Get on your horse and head towards the farm next to the monastery. The building presented in the picture is your destination.
The situation can develop in three ways:
- If you are fast enough, you can catch Zmola in the building.
- The building is empty because you have reached it too late. Quickly search the area south from this place and maybe you will notice Zmola who carries Leshek (the picture above shows an example of that situation).
- Zmola can escape if you take far too long to reach this place. This doesn't fail the quest but you won't be able to punish Zmola.
Henry asks Zmola about Leshek. You can offer your help and examine Leshek. However, this is a trap because the man is dead. Zmola will attack you shortly after that. He is a good fighter (rely on perfect blocks and dodges). The best way to win this fight is to attack him right away without giving him a chance to surprise Henry. After that you should search Zmola's body because you can get, e.g. Page's sword.
Note - The entire part of the quest where you have to catch Zmola is full of bugs. You may run into a problem where you won't be able to find Zmola even though you have reached the building really fast. Remember to look around the area south from the place marked yellow. You can always reload your save from the scaffolding part and replay the quest again.
Completing the quest
Meet with Master Karel and tell him that Zmola was the killer or head straight to Talmberg. Speak with Sir Divish and give him your report. As a reward you receive 2425 Groschen!
How to unlock: Talk with Hunter Nicholas in Talmberg.
The master hunter Nicholas has a hut on a hill in Talmberg. Pick the quest from him. Your task is to find and stop poachers who kill wild animals from the surrounding forests. This quest has many plot branches and is also connected with other side quests. The possible variants are described below.
Note - As a result of game bugs, the dialogue option starting the quest may not be available during the first conversation with Nicholas. In such situation, try to load the earlier state of the game (preferably before you played the main quest The Die is Cast) or update the game to at least version 1.3.
Variant 1 - Talmberg Investigation
For the purposes of this variant, talk to other people from the village and ask them about poachers. This will give you a lot of new clues. You can conduct and finish the investigation without visiting the Inn in the Glade from variant 2.
- Jake Piper - You will find him in a quarry and he is one of the suspects. Recognizing an attempt to use persuasion (6 points) or intimidation (8 points) will allow you to learn new facts and to gain insights about Thomas from the baths.
- Thomas of the baths - Initially, you will not get any information when trying to question him. A proper conversation becomes possible only after the correct interrogation of Jake Piper beforehand. To get valuable information from Thomas, use persuasion (8 points), intimidation (11 points) or bribe him. He will point out Radan as a new suspect.
- Blacksmith's Wife - Talk to her about the noise coming from the forest. You will find out where is the meadow suitable for examination. In addition, you can use persuasion (9 points) or impression (5 points) and if it's successful you will find out more about Margaret's relationship with Hanekin Hare.
- Olena - You can ask her about Hanekin Hare, but you will not get any useful information.
- Northern meadow - You can find out about the clearing in the course of the investigation and investigate it to find possible traces left by poachers. It is north of Talmberg.
- Radan the charcoal-burner (IMPORTANT MEETING - screenshot one) - He is in a charcoal-burners camp site south of Talmberg. Radan will become a suspect after talking to Thomas from the baths. You can try to interrogate Radan - it is best to use impression or persuasion (he has 0 points). This way you will get to know the location of the poachers' camp.
- Margaret (IMPORTANT MEETING - screenshot two) - You'll learn from Talmberg residents that she has an extensive knowledge of Hanekin Hare. If you have collected enough information about her, you can accuse her with the help of persuasion (Margaret has 9 points) of concealing the truth. There will be an opportunity to ask Margaret to arrange a meeting with Hanekin Hare.
If you have conducted a good investigation, there will be two new important alternatives. The first variant is reporting to Nicholaus and the meeting with Sir Robard. This is only possible if you have managed to determine the place of residence of the poachers (thanks to the hearing of charcoal-burner Radan). After you have talked to the hunting master, get to Talmberg Castle and talk to the commanding officer Robard (It is worth to save game earlier!). Tell him that you learned the location of the poachers' hiding spots.
A cutscene from a meeting with Hanekin Hare and other poachers will be presented. He will throw himself into an escape. Immediately locate him and start chasing him. If Hanekin Hare escapes, the quest will be failed. If you catch Hanekin Hare, you can attack and kill him. After he dies, search his corpse and take the Hare's Ring. Deliver a report to Nicholaus the Hunter. You will finish your quest and get 250 groschen.
Note - You can also learn the location of the poacher camp by completing two assignments for the Black Lukesh in the side quest Sheep in Wolf's Clothing from Inn in the Glade.
The second variant is to meet Hanekin Hare. This is only possible if you have made a good use of your persuasion during the conversation with Margaret and asked her to arrange a meeting. You have to get to the planned location where you will find Hanekin Hare. A conversation with him can run through in two optional ways:
- Willingness to arrest Hanekin Hare - A duel with him will start. You have to kill him. After winning the battle, give a report to Nicholaus. You will complete the quest.
- Making a promise to help Hanekin Hare - A new side quest for Cherchez la Femme will start and the current task will be cancelled. Select this variant if you want to win the Master Huntsman trophy.
Variant 2 - Visit at Inn in the Glade
For the purpose of this variant, you can ignore all the investigative activities in the village of Talmberg and immediately, after receiving the task from Nicholaus, visit the Inn in the Glade. Travel there to the innkeeper Andrew and ask him about poaching meat. You have to convince Andrew by a lie - use persuasion (10 points) or impression (5 points).
If the attempt was successful, Andrew will give you a side quest for Sheep in Wolf's Clothing. As part of this quest, Henry must prove his usefulness in order to be invited to join a group of poachers. You can now deal with this new quest. Description and walkthrough are on the page with side quests from Inn in the Glade.
Cherchez la Femme
How to unlock: Talk with Hanekin Hare.
This is an important side quest which correct completion allows you to achieve the achievement of a Master Huntsman. You can unlock this quest in two main ways:
- As part of the quest described above - Hare Hunt, where you have to urge Margaret of Talmberg to arrange a meeting with Hanekin Hare.
- As part of the Sheep in Wolf's Clothing quest (description and walkthrough are on the page with side quests from Inn in the Glade), complete all orders from poachers and after meeting with Hanekin Hare help them to kill Talmberg' guards.
In both cases you will eventually have to meet Hanekin Hare at the collapsed mine east of Talmberg and offer your help (do not attack or arrest him!).
Hare's plan assumes kidnapping Margaret - the Hunter's wife from Talmberg. Reach Hunter's hut nearby and wait until the morning hours (only then Nicholas will go to the forest after hearing the sound of a Hunter's horn!). The farms of Nicholas Angel are guarded by at least one guard. You can go far away from the guard, sneak into his vicinity and stun/kill him or defeat him in direct combat.
As for Margaret, you can:
- Stun her and remove the unconscious woman from the holding.
- Talk to her and ask her to leave the farm voluntarily by using persuasion (needs at least 10 points) or intimidation (13 points required).
Note - If necessary, it is advisable to buy a bard mixture beforehand, which temporarily increases speech.
After returning with Margaret to the hiding place of Hanekin Hare, listen to the next part of the plan. You must force Nicholas to sign his testimony (Nicholas' testimony) with a statement prepared by Hare. You can achieve this by persuasion (Nicholas has 7 points), intimidation (16 points) or beat Nicholas (but do not kill him!).
Meet in a new location with Hanekin Hare. Henry will go with him to Talmberg Castle in order to take part in an audience with Sir Divish and purge the allegations of Hanekin Hare.
If you have done all the above steps correctly, Henry will be selected for the new Talmberg' huntsman. Accept an offer of the work (screenshot above) so that you can achieve a Master Huntsman achievement. Henry will receive ownership of the house in which Nicholas lived. All chests inside will also be opened. You will find in them valuable items - high quality bows and arrows.