Mysterious Ways is one of the main quests in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Henry continues his searches for people responsible for attacking Neuhof. Majority of the quest takes place in Uzhitz - the limping bandit comes from that village. There are a few ways of learning about Reeky's and other bandits' locations.
- Find the limping bandit
- The main way - getting Father Godwins trust
- Alternate solution - reading Black Book in Rattay
Find the limping bandit
- Reach Uzhitz. The village is located north from Neuhof (follow the main path but watch out for possible encounters with bandits in the forest). You have to find out where the limping bandit lives. Ask any of the villagers about him. You learn that he is called Lubosh and where he lives.
- Reach the destination. There, you can notice a group of people standing in front of Lubosh's house (the picture). Speak with the executioner. You learn that Lubosh was brutally murdered.
- You can also enter the house and examine the corpse (examine various body parts to hear different comments). Also, if Henry can read (Mightier Than the Sword side quest) then you will be able to read the message written with blood on the wall.
- Speak to any of the villagers and ask about Lubosh. You learn that he went to the church recently. This gives Henry an idea to speak with the local priest.
- The church is located in the north part of the village. There, you have to meet with Father Godwin. Ask him about Lubosh. He won't tell you anything because of the seal of confession.
- Using persuasion won't help you either. However, Godwin will propose you to meet with him in the tavern. The meeting needs to take place in the evening so wait until about 7:00 pm and then find Godwin in the tavern. Sit on the bench, opposite to the priest, and speak with him.
- Note - Father Godwin can become angry at the hero if you miss the meeting. After that he won't tell you anything about the bandits. You can meet with him on the next day and apologize. Now, the only way to complete this quest is to use the alternate solution (the description can be found in the later part of this page).
- Note #2 - A VERY HIGH Charisma and Speech grant you a chance to convince Father Godwin to break seal of confession and give you information about the bandits while you are speaking with him for the first time. If you did that then you can ignore the further description of this quest and start the next one.
The main way - getting Father Godwins trust
- Your priority during the conversation with Father Godwin is to get his trust. Choose the top dialog lines (be truthful) and answer all his questions. You can also talk with him about his melee skills and about Master Hus' sermon - this knowledge will be useful at the end of the quest.
- The picture above shows the most important moment of this meeting. Godwin asks Henry to drink with him. You must agree and get drunk with the priest.
- Additional note - Accepting the priest's offer blocks you from getting Virgin achievement! Instead, you will obtain Sinner achievement.
Watch the cut-scene that depicts the executioner's arrival. After that you will have to fight with his men. This fight isn't difficult. Also, Henry receives a temporary strength buff. Use it and beat your enemies one after another. If you win, you will be moved to the church. Henry and Godwin are climbing the belfry. Watch another cut-scene.
On the next day Godwin suffers from a hangover. The priest asks Henry to preach. You must agree. During that moment you have to choose unique and "standard" dialog lines alternately. For the unique lines, it is better to rely on intimidation or impressing. As for the standard options, you should use knowledge that you got during the previous conversation with Godwin about Master Hus' teachings.
The sermon can have one of the two outcomes:
- The sermon was well-received by the villagers. Father Godwin is also satisfied. You can finally get information about Reeky and start On the Scent main quest.
- The sermon wasn't well-received. Here, you get nothing from Godwin AND Henry can also suffer from negative consequences caused by the fight that took place last night. You can pay a fine or go to jail for a few days.
Note - You can always reload your game after failing the sermon. The game creates a save shortly before you reach the church (after the events that took place last night) which means that you won't have to repeat a huge part of the game.
Alternate solution - reading Black Book in Rattay
At first, this alternate way of completing the quest is inactive. It can be used only after failing at getting information from Father Godwin which can happen if you:
- You didn't meet with Father Godwin in the tavern during the evening hours.
- You didn't get Father Godwin's trust by not telling him everything about you.
- You refused to drink with Godwin.
- You refused to do sermon.
- Your sermon wasn't appreciated by the villagers.
- Henry needs to get information about the bandits from someone else. Find the Uzhitz' executioner (Bailiff - the picture above) and speak with him. Tell him that you lost Father Godwin's trust and ask him for help.
- Bailiff tells you that you can go to Rattay's archives. The Black Book located there can have the information that you are looking for.
- Go to Rattay. The archives are adjacent to the scribe's house which is located in the center of the town. Enter the building and reach the second floor. There, you can find a sick Scribe. He won't help Henry unless you bring him the medicine. Go to the pharmacist and find Embrocation in his offer. In default, it costs about 40 Groschen but you can haggle a bit.
- Get the medicine and go back to the Scribe. Then, you have to go with him to the adjacent room with the Black Book. Examine it yourself or, if you can't read, you can ask the Scribe to do it for you. You learn the Reeky's whereabouts. This starts On the Scent main quest.
- Note - You can always try to break into the archives if you don't want to spend money on the medicine. However, you will either have to lockpick a very difficult lock or get the key from the Scribe by pickpocketing him. In addition to that Henry will have to be able to read.