Keeping the Peace is one of the main quests in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. During this quest, you will have to perform regular duties of a guard. It's not difficult, even though you will witness a ferocious argument and a quarrel that will end in a fistfight.
Claiming the guard kit
First, go tick off the optional objective and collect the guard kit from the armoury. Reach the indicated tower and talk to the guard there. You will get a set of guard's armour and a bludgeon. Note - if the guard is not there, you should visit the place in a couple hours; alternatively, you can just pick up your stuff from the chest.
Patrolling the city
The other part of this quest requires you to patrol the city with another guard, called Nightingale. Meet him near the church - he'll only be there from 11:00 to 19:00 (sleep or skip time if you need). Set out for the patrol. You will soon encounter a beggar arguing with an armourer. You can do four things:
- Side with the beggar and allow her to stay;
- Side with the armourer and chase the beggar away;
- Leave the conflict unresolved;
- Ask both sides about the details. This opens up new choices: you can give a groschen to the beggar from your own pocket, or try to persuade the armourer.
Whatever you do, resume the patrol with Nightingale. He will chase another beggar away and accost a guard. You will have to find his drunken mate in the tavern. Sit at the table. You can play dice with Nightingale (it will be just a tutorial), or skip that activity.
- When the night falls, you will get new orders. You have to reach the main square and interact with the bell. Note - don't delay this task and don't try to leave the city, or you will be thrown out of the city guard, which is equal to a game over.
- After ringing the bell, go to the tavern. A cut-scene will begin there and you will get involved in a fistfight. You don't have to win - another cut-scene will begin shortly, and the quest will be completed.