Run! is the second quest in the main storyline of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. During the course of its initial part, you'll have to focus almost exclusively on fleeing from a Cuman attack. In the later part, you'll visit Talmberg, where you'll have to meet several important characters.
- Reaching Talmberg
- Meeting with Sir Robard and Lady Stephanie
- Leaving the castle and return to Skalitz
- As soon as the quest begins, run along the narrow path. Do not try to engage the Cumans that chase Henry, as you have virtually no chance for victory.
- Your destination is the small cottage located at the foot of the hill. Once you're there, you can try saving Theresa from being raped by a group of Cumans (you'll be awarded with the Cavalier trophy if you do). Use Radzig's sword or even your bare fists to hit one of the enemies and give Theresa a chance to flee. DO NOT fight them any longer, or the Cumans will make short work of your character.
Get on any of the horses available in the cottage and resume your escape. It won't be easy, as the Cumans can easily catch up to you and take you out with bows and arrows. Rely on gallop, but remember that it will drain the horse's green stamina bar. Once it's close to full depletion, slow down for a moment, to let it replenish itself at least partially. Follow the main path and do not forget to turn left as you begin your escape (into the path along the stream). You'll need to reach Talmberg, where a new series of cut-scenes will be triggered.
Meeting with Sir Robard and Lady Stephanie
- Exit the room that was given to Henry for the night and go meet with Robard. Accompany him to the kitchen and help yourself to the food left on the table to regain health. Return to your room and go to sleep. Your rest will be interrupted by Lady Stephanie. During the conversation, you'll be able to choose unique dialogue options that will help you develop your Speech stat (later on, you'll even be given a chance to seduce Lady Stephanie). Lady Stephanie's "stats" are 2-5-8, which means that Persuasion and impressing her (assuming you have at least 6 points in Charisma) will be the most effective options.
- This won't be the only night visit you'll be getting, as Sir Robard comes along soon after. Pick up the torch and reach the castle walls. Talk to Robard once again and watch the cut-scene. Next, spend some time on patrolling the walls. Keep watch until the morning, when a cut-scene will be triggered.
Leaving the castle and return to Skalitz
- Talk to Sir Robard. Unfortunately, even if you try to persuade him, he'll refuse Henry's request to leave the castle and return to Skalitz to bury his parents. You'll have to find a way to escape the castle. There are several ways to do it.
- The easiest way is to reach the drawbridge that connects the castle with the camp. The place shown on the screenshot can be used to jump down on the rocks below. You should know, however, that by jumping here, you risk an injury - broken, or at least bruised legs (load a save game or use some bandages if need be).
- Another option is to exit the castle through the main camp gate. Talk to Radim, the man guarding it. He'll object at first, but you can make him change his mind by using the unique dialogue options. Persuasion will be most effective, as Radim has only 3 points in this stat. You'll learn that Radim can let Henry leave the castle if he'll look like a Talmberg guardsman.
- Return to the southern part of the castle and find the chest shown on the screenshot above. It's locked, but it's got a very low rank (lockpicks can be bought from the castle's vendor for less than 24 groschen). Once you bust the chest open, pick up pieces of guard's armor and wear them (additionally, you'll find a shield and a bow, among other things, but you do not have to take them). BEFORE you return to Radim, locate the horses. You can take the horse that took you to Talmberg. This will reduce the time required to travel back to Skalitz. Return to Radim and wait until you're able to leave the castle.
- No matter the option you've chosen, head to the village of Rovna, where the next main quest begins. Caution - distance yourself from the Talmberg castle as quickly as possible, otherwise the guards may notice your escape and give chase. If you're caught, you can fight (a bad idea), return to the castle and try again, or either use persuasion or bribe the guard to let Henry go.