Ginger in a Pickle is one of the main quests in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. During this mission you have to examine a few charcoal-burners' camps and ask them about Ginger's hideout. The first real lead is found in the third camp but the charcoal-burner won't give you information right away.
Ginger in a pickle Bug
Please note: After the latest patch 1.2.5. for Kingdom Come the quest is bugged. You cannot start Ginger in a pickle quest right now. If you do not want to wait for official hotfix for Kingdom Come, check this fix: you can replace file "q_neuhof_colliers.xml" from Data directory with older file (from patch 1.2.). Please remember that you can do it at your own risk. It's better to wait for official patch release.
Note - For pacifist players - you can go to Ginger's hideout immediately and skip, e.g. the fight with two bandits. Check out the last part of the description of this quest.
Remember - If you want to complete the main quest line without killing anyone (Merciful trophy) you can head straight to Ginger's hideout and skip e.g. encounter with the two bandits. Go to the final part of the description if you are interested in that particular step. However, you need to know that you won't be able to unlock Ginger achievement (kill bandits from the camp in the woods).
- The first charcoal-burners' camp is located on a small hill near a stream, south from Neuhof. Speak with charcoal-burner spokesman about Ginger. You can also use a special dialog line and bribe the man. However, that step is completely optional - he will give you the location of the second charcoal-burners' camp either way.
- The second camp is located north from Neuhof. Don't be worried about the size of the area on the map that you have to examine, the camp is easy to find. Follow the only main path north. The camp is at its end (the picture). Speak with the local spokesman. You get another chance to use bribe but this step isn't required in your investigation. You now know the location of the third camp.
- The last, third, charcoal-burners' camp is located west from your current location. Reach it by following one of the paths that run along the river.
- As always, you have to find the spokesman. He won't tell you about Ginger's location until you solve his problem with bandits. You can promise him to help or you can use persuasion and lie to him that the bandits are already dead. If you succeed, you will be able to skip the fight with them.
- Head east from the charcoal-burners' camp and search for the bandits. Their location is marked in the picture - that camp is in the middle of a forest. You can reach that place by following the narrow path that comes from the north.
- There are two bandits in the camp. You can tell them immediately why you are here and start fighting or lie that you know nothing about Ginger and give yourself time to prepare for an attack.
- Attacking them right away results in a battle with two strong bandits. Try to attack them one by one and watch out for possible attacks from a side or aimed at your back. Avoid situations where one of the bandits disappear from Henry's view.
- The bandits are easier to defeat if you outsmart them. Wait in their camp until a nighttime and knock out sleeping enemies or use a dagger if you already have Stealth Kill perk unlocked. Thanks to this you can kill both bandits without a fight or you will only have to face one bandit (remember to finish off the knocked-out bandit before he gets up).
- Regardless of your decision, the spokesman will tell Henry about Ginger's location. That place is presented in the picture - it is a hut on top of the hill located north-east from the third charcoal-burners' camp.
- Speak with Ginger and ask him about everything to learn his version of events. At the end of the conversation you can tell him to either wait and hide while Henry stands up for him when he speaks with the villagers or you can tell him to go to Neuhof and tell his version of events. Henry also needs to go back to Neuhof. After that you have to speak with Bernard and Radzig. The second man will give you 75 Groschen.