Train Hard, Fight Easy is one of the main quests in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. You will be able to practice your fighting skills in this quest. Try to do well during your efforts - if you can manage to defeat Hans Capon, you will get his own bow - a very valuable trophy.
- You will be practicing with master Bernard. The quest begins at dusk, so you will need to wait till around 8pm. Use a bed or just skip some time. Go to the arena - you can either go through the basics first, or start with more advanced stuff right away. You will learn how to block, change direction of attacks, perform perfect blocks, counterattacks, dodges and how to mark strikes.
- Attention - further on during the game, you can also come back and train with Bernard, which is a very good idea of increasing your passive skills and attributes. Strongly advisable.
- After the melee combat training ends, Bernard will take you to a range. You will get a Vambrace, useful for aiming with the bow, and a Villager's ash bow. Shot at the targets a few times. Using a bow in this game is pretty difficult so don't worry if you miss at first. Try to aim a bit to the right and below the target you want to hit.
- Soon, you will be challenged by Hans Capon. You will both have seven shots at the range - Hans usually gets 5-8 points. Try to hit near the targets at least twice to earn more points. Loosing the shooting competition doesn't finish this quest, but you can repeat the shooting part easily - the game is saved right beforehands.
- If you managed to defeat Hans in archery, he will also challenge you for a sword fight. This fight will take place on the arena, and you will be using real swords. Defeating Hans can be pretty difficult. Remember to block often, keep your eye on the stamina and try to thrown Hans off-balance with the secondary sword attack. If you manage to win, you will get Capon's hunting bow (you will be able to use it later on - it requires 5 Strength and Agility points).
- Go talk to Bernard again - he will send you to Bailiff. You should find that man walking around the town or inside one of the buildings (if the marker says he's unavailable, then try to skip a few hours). During your conversation, tell him you want to become a guard. You will get 15 groschen and unlock a main quest.