The Hunt Begins is one of the main quests in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. You have to participate in an investigation of an attack on the horse stable located in Neuhof. Examine tracks, ask witnesses and track down bandits who hid in the nearby forest.
- The quest starts in the yard of the castle located in Rattay. Speak with captain Bernard, tell him that you are ready to travel and mount Pebbles. Reach Neuhof with your allies. Note - You can fail the first part of the mission by waiting too long before you meet with Bernard. The NPCs will go there without you. If you did that then you will have to reach that place alone.
- Start your investigation. You have to examine most of the village. Start in the place where the rest of the guards are. Examine Smil's dead body and corpses of the slaughtered horses. Speak with Zora and Jakub (a chance to use a unique dialog line). Ask them both about every topic.
- Leave the first building and continue exploring the area. You come across another corpse and a pool of blood that will lead Henry to the burned main stable building. Talk to Mark (you can use intimidation or you can impress him). He tells you about runaway bandits. Ginger is also in the area, ask him too.
- Head north-west from the stable's main building. Examine the area around the destroyed gate presented in the picture. Henry is now sure that the bandits ran into the forest located north from the village.
Keep going north-west (you will find a few pools of blood). Enter the forest and start sneaking. You have to find two bandits (they are presented in the picture).
- You can wait until one bandit kills his friend or you can jump out immediately. You may have some problems with this fight even though you face only one enemy (watch out while you are blocking his attacks). Defeat him and approach the second bandit. If he is still alive, he will speak his final words. Otherwise, you should search his corpse and take Bloody hoof-pick.
- Note - For pacifist players - wait until the wounded bandit dies and then lure out his friend. You can also sneak and quickly reach his corpse. You only have to get the hoof-pick. After that you can run away.
- Now, go back to Neuhof. Find the hoof-pick's owner. Ask, e.g. Mark. You learn that it belonged to Ginger but he ran away from the village. Go to Jakub and ask him where you can find Ginger. You will search for him in the next quest. Speak with captain Bernard and give him your report before moving out.