On this page of our game guide to Desperados 3 you will find the second part of our walkthrough of Mission 12 - Dirt and Blood. Our walkthrough takes into account all major options that can be used to reach Pier 9 in New Orleans. You'll learn how to cross the left path and the right path to reach the place where Frank is residing.
Our walkthrough of Mission 12 contains references to the map in the world atlas, which can be found on the first page of this chapter. For example, the marking (M12,5) indicates that you should find the blue point no. 5 on the map of mission 12.
- Preliminary information - journey to the Pier 9
- Left path to the Pier
- Right path to the Pier
- The gate in the area of Pier 9
Preliminary information - journey to the Pier 9
- You can go to the docks as soon as you get rid of all opponents in the marketplace (M12,4) or as soon as you get a disguise for Kate (M12,8).Acquiring the courtesan's disguise is purely optional, but it will help you draw away some enemies that may be troublesome in a few areas.
- There are two paths leading to the target - left one (M12,9) and right one (M12,11). Whatever path you choose, you will have to walk through different parts of New Orleans and deal with various types of opponents along the way. Also, you will come across some additional obstacles.
- As you make a run-through of this particular mission - select just one path and stick to it. This is due to the separate badges which can be earned by selecting one of the available paths. Unfortunately, the game won't allow you to earn both badges right away even if you move back after unlocking the first badge. Select one path while playing this mission for the first time. Then, replay the mission and choose the second option.
- The left path (M12,9) is, in our opinion, a little easier to pass through. This is mainly due to the fact that the first group of opponents can be easily bypassed. However, bear in mind that in both cases the crossing will be quite difficult and slow.
Left path to the Pier
The left path is located at the back of the brothel (M12,9). Soon after you've chosen it, you'll reach a group of opponents set up at a crossroads. Note two things here:
1) You can go through the left building to get a better position behind the car. This is a good place to use whistling and get rid of uncomfortable enemies.
2) You can order Kate to climb on the roof of the brothel (M12,7) and use a perfume to blind a Long Coat talking to one of the bandits. This will make it easier to secure the area by using other character.
As in the previous locations, Long Coat should be eliminated at the end of the battle.
Move on. Eliminate one guard that is sleeping. In front of you there is a larger harbor with a huge steamer wheel (M12,10). This is a difficult location to walk through, as most fields of view of nearby opponents overlap. In addition, there are several Long Coat enemies here. Even Kate has to avoid them, cause they're immune to her disguise. Here are some key tips:
- Try to use whistling to draw away ordinary opponents into secluded areas.
- Kate can distract the opponent in a poncho - point 1. This will enable you to eliminate a Long Coat enemy - point 2.
- Kate can start disorienting the opponent on a ship - point 3. At the same time, distract your opponent in a poncho and get rid of the opponent - point 4. Ultimately, this will allow you to sabotage the steamer wheel, which will roll over the pier and kill at least two bandits.
- Cooper should follow a similar route like the one marked in the picture. Take advantage of the fact that this hero is able to swim and can approach enemies on the right pier - point 5.
- Confuse individual enemies and use Cooper to eliminate those bandits who are not observed by other enemies.
- Finally, take care of a Long Coat opponent - point 6. Kill him only after you've distracted the opponent in a poncho.
The final phase of the crossing is very simple - start flirting with a single enemy guarding the alley. This way the whole team will be able to sneak behind his back.
Right path to the Pier
The right path (M12,11) is adjacent to the market place (M12,4) and unfortunately reaching it is more problematic. This is due to the fact that the whole area is observed by a guard from the upper balcony. He has been marked in the screenshot (M12,6).
If you got rid of this opponent while getting Kate's disguise, then you can move on immediately. Otherwise, get close enough to throw a perfume vial at him. This will allow another hero to enter the building and deal with that character in melee combat (of course, only do that when it is safe).
The right path is patrolled by 2 opponents. However, defeating them is not difficult - you can set up a trap or hit them from behind while controlling Cooper. Then, you can throw a knife at them. After that quickly kill the other bandit. Right next door there is a side street (M12,12) and crossing this area will be much more difficult. Here are the key tips:
- You can use the passages leading to the rooftops where the snipers are residing - point 1 and 2. Unfortunately, you can't get rid of them right away. Not only are the snipers watching each other, but they are also being watched by more distant enemies.
- Try to draw away as many opponents as possible from the main part of the alley - you can rely on Kate's flirting skill or Sanchez' whistling ability.
- The area indicated by point 3 is patrolled by a dog. Take care of it later, preferably by setting up a trap, whistling and running away from the trap.
- The side area marked by point 4 is a good place for launching a few attacks, but only after you have distracted sniper 1.
- You have to watch out for the opponents standing at point 5 who stare at the spot you came from. Distract them before you perform more assassinations.
- At the very end, get rid of the Long Coat enemy - point 6. You could, for example, blind him with perfumes and order Sanchez to run up to him.
After all heroes have crossed the side street, you will reach Pier 9 (M12,13), which you may have already visited in mission 10. There are two main ways to access the pier / docks area:
- Kate can go to the main entrance by wearing a disguise. However, watch out for the Long Coat opponent who patrols this location.
- Cooper can climb the vines marked in the picture.
Sanchez is not completely useless here - with the option of setting up traps and whistling, you'll be able to get rid of a first few enemies. Unfortunately, the bandits on the other side of the fence will not respond to your distraction attempts. Therefore, you can't draw them away and make them leave their posts.
It is worth taking advantage of the fact that Cooper, due to the ability which allows him to climb vines, can reach the outskirts of Pier 9 and get to its rear part. It will allow him to eliminate a few enemies from the area. What's more, you can immediately throw their bodies into the water. You won't get spotted later.
Kate should continue to distract enemies but remember to observe the path of Long Coat enemy all the time. Run away and hide Kate if Long Coat opponent will set off towards her. In case of more problematic enemies, use perfumes instead of flirting. Ultimately, try to allow Sanchez to reach the second end of this location.
The gate in the area of Pier 9
The two paths described above lead to the same place - to a gate located in the docks (M12,14). After you try to interact with it, a cutscene will be displayed. Cooper is the only character that may enter the final area of the map. You won't be able to control Kate or Sanchez from now on.