On this page of our guide to Desperados 3, you will find the third part of our walkthrough of mission 9 - Louisiana Voodoo. Our walkthrough will help you save Kate and Hector. They are kept in separate cages. We have included information on where you can find the key that opens the cages and how to obtain it in the easiest way possible.
In our opinion, it is easier to rescue Kate than Hector. You, of course, can come up with a different tactic. You don't have to follow our order of completing the mission objectives.
Our walkthrough for mission 9 refers to the map in the world atlas, which can be found on the first page of this chapter. For example, a marking (M9,5) indicates that you should find the blue point with number 5 on mission map 9.
Free Kate from the cage
Kate is held in the cage on the hill located in the western edge of the map (M9,3). Start by doing two things:
- Make use of Isabelle's and Cooper's ability to swim - cross the river to reach the area behind the cage.
- Order McCoy to move to the northern part of the map - this is the place where you have started the mission as Isabelle. You need to find a good spot to shoot the sniper on the watchtower next to Kate's cage (M9,12). Kill that enemy with Buntline, the scoped pistol.
The key for Kate's and Hector's cage lying on one of the boxes near Kate (M9,15). If you want to get there in person, eliminate the enemies very carefully. You can go to the area located in the western edge of the map - that place has a few spots with tall grass. Another thing you can do is to hide behind towers of crates. They are also great for hiding bodies. Cooper can use his coin to distract enemies for a brief moment. Getting the key in person is difficult due to the 2 Long Coat enemies stationing in this area. Without Hector, you can't eliminate them "for good".
A safer solution is to use the Mind Control on one of the guards to "fetch" the key to the area behind the cage. After deactivating the skill, stun that enemy to get the key.
A single guard is standing on the hill with Kate's cage. One of the Long Coats moves here regularly. Wait for the Long Coat to move away - kill the regular guard with a throwing knife and then climb up the vine to reach the top of the hill (M9,16). Hide the corpse in the bushes (don't forget to retrieve Cooper's knife).
Use the key to open Kate's cage. After that, quickly run towards the water. This is very important - when the Long Coat returns, he will notice the empty cage and enter alarmed state. The Long Coat will start searching the area (including small bushes). Soon, he will go back to patrolling the predetermined route.
Rescue Hector from the cage
Before you start rescuing Hector (M9,4), be sure that McCoy is able to reach the central part of the map. Doc can't swim which means that the only path available to him is to cross the suspension bridge (M9,10). Unfortunately, the bridge is guarded by two enemies - you need to eliminate them first.
Watch out for the enemies standing near the cage, especially the one who moves between the cage and the river (M9,11). Distract him or wait with attacking the bandit until he starts moving towards the river. Kill the enemies on the beach first (M9,9) - Cooper and/or Isabelle will be able to approach the bridge from the west. This gives you the opportunity to perform a joined attack in Showdown Mode.
McCoy can shoot the other sniper (M9,12). That enemy stands on the watchtower next to the upper camp (M9,14). He keeps an eye on the entire area - leaving him alive can cause huge problems later. Luckily, no one will be able to spot his death or corpse.
Don't rush with opening Hector's cage (M9,4) - you can get spotted pretty fast. The most problematic opponents are marked in the picture above. They are:
- The enemy in a poncho standing next to the cage (point 1 in the picture) - The best solution is to use the Mind Control and order the opponent to move to a secluded place. Then you have to kill him.
- The enemy in a poncho overlooking the area from the upper ledge (point 2 in the picture) - Use the Mind Control on him. If you can't do that (that is you have run out of this ability), you can try to secure the upper camp (M9,14) (we have described this on the next page). You can also order Kate to go there and use her perfume to blind that enemy.
- Long Coat enemy (point 3 in the picture) - He stops near the cage from time to time. Wait for the Long Coat to start walking away from the cage - he will head west.
Remember that your character needs a few seconds to open a cage. When the Long Coat returns to this place, he will become alerted and start searching the area. Hide in a place far away from the cage and wait for the enemy to calm down.
Hector's equipment is next to the cage - we have marked it in the picture. Be sure to take them - you will get access to Hector's snares as well as his other abilities.