Desperados 3: Mission 9 - map, badges
Desperados 3 guide, walkthrough
Key points of Desperados 3 - Mission 8
Areas where you rescue other playable characters
Important locations on the map
This page of the world atlas for Desperados 3 has a detailed map of mission 9 - Louisiana Voodoo. Among the things you can find on our map are places where the main heroes are either defending themselves or are held hostage. Of course, we have also marked other important locations (e.g. sniper positions). Our guide also has information about alle the challenges (Badges) of mission 9 - they are related to e.g. not getting into the water or avoiding using Isabelle's powerful ability.
A full description of mission 9 can be found on the following four pages of this chapter. Our guide also contains links and references to the map. For example, a marking (M9,5) indicates that you should find the blue point with number 5 on mission map 9.
Mission 9: Markings on the map
- Red points are for places where you have to help other heroes - this happens after completing the initial stage of the mission (freeing Isabelle from the cage and reaching the vantage point). You have to save Cooper, McCoy, Kate and Hector - you can rescue them in any order.
- Red dots mark enemies on the map (they will all attack you upon detection) and white dots symbolize large animals (mainly horses).
- We have marked all important locations (worth visiting) with blue dots. Descriptions of these areas can be found just below the map.
- Chests with various supplies are marked with green dots. Thanks to them, you will be able to use your heroes' weapons and abilities more frequently.
Mission 9: General information
Mission 9 (Louisiana Voodoo) takes place in a fishermen village overrun by bandits. During it, you will meet up with Isabelle - this voodoo shaman has a few interesting "powers". Isabelle can e.g. control minds of the enemies to, for example, get to unreachable places. This ability has a very limited use meaning that you can't mind control every enemy.
Your primary objective is to save 4 heroes. They are located in various parts of the map. You can't control them until they are save. The suggested way of saving the heroes is Cooper > McCoy > Kate > Hector. We have followed this order in our guide. You don't have to stick with this order, you can come up with a different solution to e.g. complete one of the challenges (rescuing Kate or Hector first). Each rescued hero is a great help because you will be able to use their skills.
You can (and even should) swim a lot in this mission. Sadly, this ability isn't available to all the heroes. The only people who can swim are Cooper and Isabelle. As for the other 3 characters, you have to stick to the land.
- Isabelle - Available from the beginning of the mission. You will unlock her abilities by making progress.
- Cooper - He defends himself on the ship in the south-east corner of the map (M9,1). Help him by eliminating the bandits.
- McCoy - He is kept hostage in the basement in the easter building (M9,2). You have to free him.
- Kate - She is kept inside a cage in the western part of the map (M9,3). You can open the cage with the key found nearby (M9,15).
- Hector - He is kept inside a cage in the central part of the map (M9,4) You can open the cage with the key found nearby (M9,15). After saving Hector, remember to collect his equipment lying nearby.
Mission 9: Badges / challenges
Mission 9 has a total of 8 Badges. All of them are described below. Challenges are initially hidden, although you can deal with them during the first playthrough.
You can't complete challenges if you play on Beginner. You have to play at least on normal. The same goes for replaying missions to get the remaining challenges.
We recommend doing this difficult challenge during your second playthrough of this mission, on the easy difficulty. The inability to enter the water limits the "creativity" in avoiding and eliminating enemies. You have to be aware of a greater risk of getting detected and raising the alarm. The most difficult places are:
- The southern island where McCoy is (M9,2) - You can't swim up to enemies so you can hide in tall grass and eliminate them with ease. The same goes for the enemies stationing on the nearby beach (M9,9). Try to limit yourself with attacking those enemies who don't stand in your way to the building where McCoy is. Either avoid or distract them.
- The bridge leading to the central part of the map (M9,10) - This is the only path that you can use without entering the water. You have to find the perfect moment to distract and eliminate the two enemies standing in this place (use the coin and the medical bag). Don't let the enemies from the beach and those near Hector notice you.
- The area with the key to Kate's and Hector's cages (M9,15) - Reaching that place from the east is more challenging. Try to eliminate as many enemies from the area of Hector's cage as possible. You can also try to go through the upper camp and get closer to the stable.
Free Kate or Hector first
Don't try to get this challenge during your initial playthrough. Rescuing Kate or Hector first is much more difficult. If you don't do this challenge, we recommend saving Cooper and McCoy first.
Kate is definitely easier to rescue. You can do that after reaching the vantage point (M9,3) - after you unlock the entire map. From now on, you can order Isabelle to get into the water.
Swim towards Kate's cage (M9,2). To make things easier, we recommend using the mind control twice - to order the controlled enemy to give Isabelle the key (M9,15) (this location is shown on the picture above) and the second time to get rid of the nearby sniper (M9,12). You will kill that enemy with McCoy's weapon.
Don't use Isabelle's connect ability
Connect ability allows you to "connect souls" of two enemies standing close to each other. From now on, stunning or killing enemy 1 will stun or kill enemy 2.
The inability to use this skill will cause you problems with eliminating opponents - this is especially problematic in the initial phase of the mission when Isabelle is acting alone. Play on easy, try to avoid as many enemies as possible, focus on using melee attacks and distract enemies with Isabelle's cat.
Don't save during the mission
This is a hard challenge to complete due to the size of the map, number of objectives and how easy it is to raise the alarm by e.g. attacking an enemy who is in the field of view of another. Try to get this challenge after having multiple playthroughs of this mission. Also, remember to play on easy. Refrain form attacking enemies if you don't absolutely have to kill them. If you raise the alarm, run away to a save place. You can also activate Showdown Mode to stop the time and plan your next move.
Kill 5 guards at the same time
Wait with this challenge until you rescue all the heroes - you will control a 5-person team. Use Showdown Mode to order each of the heroes to kill an enemy - the best targets are those enemies who stand in place. Get as close to them as possible. Once you have selected the targets, press the button to execute the orders (ENTER key on PC).
Another idea to get that badge is to use Hector's sawed-off shotgun after you release him from the cage. Hector's weapon is capable of killing several opponents with a single use. If you find an easy-to-attack group of opponents, you won't have to use all 5 Heroes.
Kill 3 guards with an environmental kill
Among the things that can help you complete this challenge is the rock in the fishermen village in the north-east part of the map (M9,4). You can stun one enemy after another, drag their bodies and leave them near the rock. Once you have at least 3 unconscious enemies in one place, climb up the higher ledge and push the rock down on them.
The starting location (M9,1) is another good place for this challenge. A tower of crates is right next to Isabelle's cage. One guard is standing next to it. Another person joins this guard from time to time. Free Isabelle using the mind control. Leave the cage, hide in the bushes and sneak behind the tower of crates. Use mind control on another enemy and order him to stand next to the tower of crates - the goal is to have three people standing next to it. Cancel the mind control and quickly push the crates.
Complete the mission on Hard difficulty
This is the best choice for your first playthrough of this mission. However, be aware that you will repeat some of the parts several times. This is because many enemies are observing each other and/or patrol the map. Luckily, this challenge doesn't have a time limit, and you can save your progress.
Speedrun: Complete the mission in under 17:00 minutes
Be sure to play on easy to reach team members faster. Make the best use of Isabelle's "voodoo powers" and the abilities of other heroes. Don't waste the time on killing enemies who aren't part of any of the mission objectives. We also advise you to frequently save your game and load an older save if you waste too much time in some locations.