Our guide to Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart contains a complete set of information that will help you reach the finale of the adventure and find all the secrets to complete it 100%. One of the most important chapters of the guide is the walkthrough. There, you will find all the main and side quests available on subsequent planets. You will learn how to complete mission objectives and how to defeat enemies. All the fights with bosses have a dedicated chapter.
Another important section of our guide is the world atlas, which contains maps of locations and instructions on how to get 100% of the collectibles and secrets. We inform you where each item is hidden and what requirements you have to meet to get to it.
The guide also has a FAQ section with answers to frequently asked questions. You will learn, among other things, if it is possible to return to previously visited planets, how to heal yourself, how to run on walls, how to change the appearance of the character, how to speed up the exploration of planets, or how to gain more XP. The game guide describes the most important gameplay mechanics - controlling different playable characters, combat, exploration, developing characters, upgrading weapons, using means of transport, or visiting Mrs. Zurkon - a merchant.
The main chapters of the guide are supplemented by a series of smaller ones. You will mainly find a trophy guide with descriptions of all trophies and information on how to get the platinum. Other pages cover such things as controls, technical issues, photo mode, or how long it takes to complete Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart.
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Beginner's tips
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Walkthrough
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: All secrets and collectibles
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: All bosses
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: FAQ
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: All puzzles
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Game guide
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Game's length
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Trophies and platinum
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: System requirements
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Game editions
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Release date
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Beginner's tips
- Use various weapons and gadgets. The game has over a dozen weapons and offensive gadgets. Changing them frequently will help you to better adapt to the specifics of a given battle and reduce the risk of running out of ammunition.
- It is worth destroying all objects in the environment. The main reason is to obtain bolts, which are the local currency. However, you can also find health, ammunition, and unique loot.
- You can't explore some maps in 100% right away. You don't have to try to get somewhere at all costs - it may be impossible or very difficult to do. You will be able to return to the visited locations later in the campaign. Your new gadgets and abilities will make it much easier to get to these places.
- Red boxes and barrels can explode. Firing at them can be very helpful in weakening or eliminating enemies that are standing close to them.
- Upgrade your favorite weapons first. You can't afford to upgrade all your weapons on a regular basis - you won't have enough Raritanium crystals. Focus on those weapons that you regularly use in battles.
For more tips and important information on game mechanics, check out the Beginner's guide page.
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Walkthrough
Below you will find a list of the main stages in Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart. The walkthrough is divided according to the locations/planets visited throughout the game. We have included the main mission objectives as well as side quests which are not required to unlock the ending.
Prologue - Corson V
- Market and Factory exploration - exploration of the Factory is an optional mission objective
- Club Nefarious
- Follow the Phantom
- Investigate the Nefarious Statue
- Swamps, Find a way to reach the Morts
- Investigate the Dimensional Anomaly, Rivet's Hideout
- Defeate Seekerpede and leave the planet
- Return to Sargasso - Trudi - this is an optional mission objective added later in the game
Scarstu Debris Field
- Find Zurkie in the Gastropub
- Defeat Francois in the arena
- Arena - Bronze Cup - additional fights in the arena are optional
- Arena - Silver Cup - additional fights in the arena are optional
- Arena - Gold Cup - additional fights in the arena are optional
- Stop the attack on the village
- Gain knowledge of Lombax Lore - finding shrines is an optional mission objective
- Find Dimensionator - 3 temples
- Access the Archives
- Disable the blockade and reach the miners
- Find Tulio's boss - meeting her is an optional mission objective
- Meet the engineer and search for bots
- Fix the anomaly and get to the drill
- Obtain a Phase Quartz and Escape
- Entering Kedaro Station
- Find the Rubion Forge
- Repair the forge
- Freeing Juice and creating the Dimensionator
Scarstu Debris Field - return
- Meet Ratchet in Gastropub
- Rescue Pierre Le Fer
- Treasure hunt - reaching the chest is an optional mission objective
- Pirate Trials
- Protect Captain Quantum
Sargasso - return
Savali - return
The final battle
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: All secrets and collectibles
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart has many different varieties of secrets and collectibles. The places where you can find most of them are described in the guide according to the locations - planets where you can find them. We have also included maps to make finding secrets easier. Unique collectibles are described on separate pages of this guide.
Locations with secrets
- Nefarious City - there are 3 Gold Bolts, 1 Spybot and 1 armor piece
- Sargasso - there are 3 Gold Bolts, 1 Spybot, and 4 armor pieces
- Scarstu Debris Field - there are 3 Gold Bolts, 2 Spybots, and 5 armor pieces
- Savali - 3 Gold Bolts, 1 Spybot, and 6 armor pieces
- Blizar Prime - 3 Gold Bolts, 1 Spybot, and 2 armor pieces
- Torren IV - 2 Gold Bolts, 1 Spybot, and 1 armor piece
- Cordelion - there are 3 Gold Bolts, 1 Spybot, and 1 armor piece
- Ardolis - there are 2 Gold Bolts, 1 Spybot, and 2 armor pieces
- Viceron - there are 3 Gold Bolts, 1 Spybot, and 2 armor pieces
- The ultimate weapon RYNO - you can unlock it after finding 10 Spybots
- CraiggerBear - there are 9 stuffed toys to find
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: All bosses
Every major location n Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart(e.g. new planet) has at leas one boss fight. Fights with all the main bosses are described on separate pages. We have also included optional bosses - eliminating them is not mandatory to complete the main storyline.
- Doctor Nefarious (Prologue - Corson V)
- Nefarious Juggernaut (Nefarious City)
- Seekerpede (Sargasso)
- Francois (Scarstu Debris Field)
- Undead Grunthor Sue (Scarstu Debris Field)
- Invasion Commanders (Savali)
- Thugs Dropship (Blizar Prime)
- Wee Roger (Torren IV)
- Elite security (Cordelion)
- Doctor Nefarious (Arena - return)
- Scolo the Seekerpede (Scarstu Debris Field)
- Crabcakes McGee (Ardolis)
- The Tide Twins (Ardolis)
- Master Virus (Glitch's sequence)
- Royal Guard Escorts (Viceron)
- Final boss - the final confrontation consists of 3 fights with different rules
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: FAQ
In the FAQ section of our guide, you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions. These are various topics related to, among other things, the unique mechanics of Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart or things that can help you with character development and discovering 100% of the game's content.
- Returning to previous planets - is it possible? - The page explains whether you have to explore a planet 100% on the first visit, or is it possible to return to it later in the campaign.
- Fast travel - is there? - You will learn whether the fast travel mechanic is available, and how to explore planets faster.
- Healing - how to restore health? - You will learn if health can regenerate itself, how to increase the health bar, and what you need to do to regain lost health.
- Barriers and force fields - how to deal with? - Learn how to deal with vertical barriers blocking access to new locations and how to disable sphere-shaped force fields.
- Walls - how to wall-run? - Learn when you can unlock the wall running mechanic on the vertical tiles with arrow icons. You need this to reach, e.g. certain secrets.
- Rifts - how to open them? - Learn how to open rifts to move to another location, what Pocket Dimensions are and what might be on the other side of a portal.
- Character appearance - can it be changed? - Learn whether it is possible to change the appearance of Ratchet and Rivet. You will also find out if putting an armor piece affects the characters' stats.
- Magneboots - how to use? - On this page, you will find an explanation of how to use Magneboots and walk on metal paths. We also tell you how to jump between paths.
- Weapon - how to choose it? - We've included information on how to use weapons' radial menu, what happens when the weapon selection window is full, and how to assign weapons to shortcuts on the d-pad.
- Escaping UFO - how to stop it? - Learn how to catch up to UFOs on Savali and stop them. Each flying saucer contains a unique treasure.
- Trudi - how to spit fire? - Learn how to solve the problem of Trudi not being able to spit fireballs (while flying on her on Sargasso). Being unable to use this skill may cause problems with getting Zurpstones (purple fruits).
- Stat bonuses - how to get them? - Learn how to unlock permanent stat bonuses for Ratchet and Rivet. They can make the game easier by, e.g. getting more bolts and Raritanium, or having more resistance to enemies' attacks.
- Interdimensional travel - how does it work? - We explain how to move between different dimensions of the same location. This will allow you to reach new locations with secrets.
- Swimming - is it in the game? - The page explains whether Ratchet and Rivet can swim and is it available in all locations. We also suggest other ways of exploring vast bodies of water.
- Map-O-Matic - how to get it? - Here, you will find an explanation of how to unlock the collectibles detector - Map-O-Matic. This gadget will make finding secrets significantly easier.
- XP - how to earn it? - This page explains which activities can grant you experience points. You will also learn what can get by leveling Ratchet and Rivet up.
- Point of no return - is there one? - Learn whether you can continue playing the game after completing the main storyline and if you need to finish additional activities before proceeding to the campaign's finale.
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: All puzzles
Some of the stages in Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart have logic puzzles in which you have to run to the meta-terminal (exit). These puzzles require the proper use of orbs and manipulation of the environment. We described them all step by step in a separate section of the guide.
- 3 puzzles for Clank - Sargasso
- 3 puzzles for Clank - Blizar Prime
- 3 puzzles for Kit - Sargasso 2nd visit
- 3 puzzles for Clank - Savali 2nd visit
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Game guide
On the following pages of the guide to Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, you will find information on the most important gameplay mechanics, combat, exploration, or upgrading Ratchet's and Rivet's equipment.
- Playable characters - This page describes the game's five major characters: Ratchet, Clank, Rivet, Kit, and Glitch. You will find out, among other things, if Ratchet and Rivet differ in equipment and skills, and whether is it possible to freely switch between the characters.
- Combat - Here you will find all the most important information about melee combat, ranged combat, avoiding damage, using various weapons, and offensive gadgets.
- Exploration - Learn how does the exploration of planets and other large locations works, as well as what gadgets can help Ratchet and Rivet reach seemingly inaccessible areas.
- Character development and upgrading weapons - We have explained in detail how to level up characters and weapons, and how to upgrade weapons by using Raritanium crystals.
- Merchant - Mrs. Zurkon - We explain when you meet Mrs. Zurkon, what kind of goods and services she offers, and what is the currency.
- Means of transport/Vehicles - We have compiled all the unique means of transport to fly between planets and make traveling on their surface easier.
- Cheats/Codes - Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart has cheats for immortality and unlimited ammo, although unlocking them is not easy.
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Game's length
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart has quite a bit of unique content to offer for a platformer/action-adventure game. It should take you at least 10 hours to complete the main storyline alone.
There is a big motivation to complete all the planets and unique locations in 100% since you can develop your character, get unique treasures and unlock trophies. This will significantly increase the overall play time. You can find more information about how long it takes to beat Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart on the Game's Length page.
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Trophies and platinum
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart has a platinum trophy. There are a total of 47 trophies to unlock - 1 platinum, 3 gold trophies, 7 silver trophies, and 36 bronze trophies. The platinum trophy in Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is not very challenging, although it requires you to finish the game 100 percent. All of the game's trophies are described in detail in the trophy guide on the Trophies page.
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: System requirements
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is only available on PS5 - you will not be able to play it on PS4. The game has two main graphics modes - prioritizing high-quality graphics in 4K resolution and with ray tracing or running the game at 60 fps. There are also additional graphics settings for things like blur and film grain.
For more information on the technical side of the game, check out the System requirements page.
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Game editions
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is sold in two - a standard edition and a digital Deluxe Edition, which includes, among other things, unique armor types. The contents of the Deluxe Edition are described in more detail on the Game editions page.
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: Release date
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart will be released on June 11, 2021, in physical and digital versions (the digital one has two variants). The game is a PlayStation 5 exclusive.
About Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Insomniac Games
- publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
- platform: PS5
More About Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
June may not have the most important premieres of the year, but it's definitely a month where there should be something for everyone.
2021 is the first full year with the new console generation. So, we decided to try and list all the most beautiful games that will release in the next 12 months, and which will certainly try to fry our PCs and consoles.
The pattern is invariably the same. New-generation launches are usually rough, with numerous bugs, and few games to play. It will be no different this time around.