This page in our trophy/achievement guide to Hitman 2 has the list of all achievements/trophies available in Himmelstein. They are part of the new content available in Hitman 2's new mode, Sniper Assassin - you can only use your sniper rifle. Himmelstein is the first mission available in this mode. The trophies/achievements can be unlocked in the titular mansion.
How to unlock: Get a score above 1,000,000 points on "The Last Yardbird".
Commentary: This is an unusual achievement because you can't obtain it immediately. First, you have to complete most of the challenges of the Hammelstein mission to increase the multiplier to around 2.00. Additionally, try to complete the mission with the rank of Silent Assassin, because it'll double your points.
While completing the mission, try to kill people with headshots and in short intervals between each killing. These actions are rewarded with a higher number of points.
How to unlock: Eliminate the three main targets with the cannon.
Commentary: An easy trophy. Start with finding the chandelier in one of the highest floors of the mansion. Shoot the chain to make the chandelier fall and break up.
Observe the mission's objectives and don't make any additional actions until you have 4 minutes left to complete the mission. All three targets should meet in one of the rooms on the upper floor. Localize the cannon (picture above) and shoot it using regular ammo. The cannon will fire and kill all of the targets in a single explosion.
How to unlock: Sabotage the wedding.
Commentary: This is a difficult achievement. You must sabotage the wedding before Dorian Lang arrives there with his daughter (bride). They'll start moving from the driveway at the western end of the map, and stop at the eastern part. A major advantage is that you can hit any of the environment objects near moving characters to stop them. They'll go to check the source of suspicious sounds.
Here is the list of steps required to get the achievement:
- Shoot the bodyguard waiting for the limousine with Dorian and his daughter (this is optional, but it'll make the next steps easier for you).
- Shoot Dorian Lang. His daughter can't notice her father's death. Distract her and use the Shockwave Ammo to easily get rid of Dorian (it'll push him into the water).
- Hit the bouquet of Lang's daughter. It's worth distracting her to make her stop. This will reduce the risk of hitting her accidentally.
- Destroy the lamp at the post where the photographer works.
- Destroy the wedding cake - It's displayed on the first floor of the mansion.
- Sabotage the band. This is the most difficult step because you can't miss. Hit the violin of the left musician, the microphone of the middle musician and the piano support next to the right musician.
- Hit the glass of wine on the altar, next to the priest.
- Hit the birds cage in the location where the wedding will take place.
Commentary: This trophy/achievement requires you to play alone - Agent 47 can't have any support. Check our walkthrough for "The Last Yardbird" mission.
How to unlock: Complete "The Last Yardbird" as Silent Assassin.
Commentary: A difficult trophy, because in the Sniper Assassin you can't make serious mistakes and you can't save the progress. Additionally, you have to kill 18 people (3 main objectives and 15 guards): Here are some hints:
- Don't kill civilians.
- Attack targets separately. If the attack is noticed by another opponent, you have to kill them quickly before the alarm starts. If the attack is noticed by a civilian, you have to restart the mission.
- Shoot when the target is next to the balustrade or water tank. You'll hide the body that way.
- Use the fact that, after you kill all three main objectives, the time counter stops. Now you can lure the guards (using missed hits) to secluded places and kill them easily.
How to unlock: Complete "The Last Yardbird" in Multiplayer.
Commentary: This trophy/achievement requires you to play with another player. You can play with someone from your friend list or with a player picked through matchmaking. You get this trophy regardless of how you have ended the mission and how much points you got.
How to unlock: Complete all "The Last Yardbird" Challenges.
Commentary: The Last Yardbird mission offers 27 challenges. You'll complete most of them without much trouble, but some of them are difficult. Here are hints for some of them:
- Clean Slate - First, focus on the main objectives of the mission. Killing them in such a way to that would hide their bodies can take you a long time. Remember, you have to fit in 15 minutes. After that, you can take care of guards without a hurry. You'll be able to lure them near the balustrades, chasms or water tanks.
- Smokestack Lightin' - destroy the sprinklers next to the airstrip where Doris will land. You can stop her and her people with shots. Destroy the lamps after the area is covered with water.
- Boom Boom - To complete this challenge, it's worth using gas lamps around the main entrance to the mansion. Shoot them when there is a larger group of guards / main mission objectives. Aim at the cylinders to make an explosion.
- A Waltz With Death - It's worth using the Shockwave Ammo because the dance of newlyweds won't take long and you may not have the time to kill all seven people.
- Blackout - You have to find 18 switches. It's worth doing this challenge after killing the main objectives - you won't have to hurry. You can destroy the shutters, it won't alert the guards.
- Kiln Time - You have to find 47 vases. It's worth doing this challenge after killing the main objectives - you won't have to hurry.
- The Higher You Climb - Use the Shockwave Ammo to push the jumper standing on the edge of the cliff