Our guide to Hitman 2 will help you complete the game in 100%. The guide contains descriptions of all six story levels along with the challenges which are an important part of his game. Every chapter of our walkthrough contains descriptions of the story missions, a list of challenges related to assassinating a target and discoveries, information about the most important costumes and useful items. The guide also contains FAQ chapter with a few tips - for beginners and those who don't remember much from the first game. The last chapter focuses on trophies/achievements - available on XONE, PS4, and PC. There, you can read their descriptions and learn how to unlock every single one of them.
Hitman 2 is another game in the series focusing on the story of Agent 47. As the best assassin in the world, you are ordered to assassinate targets in various parts of the world: USA, Columbia or Mumbai. With every mission, Agent 47 will have to kill more and more targets. You can do that by using your own plan or by following a default way of assassinating a given target. The game gives you a lot of options: there are plenty of ways in which you can complete a given mission, and the number of challenges which are related to the most interesting ways of completing an objective will provide you with hours of fun.
Patrick "YxU" Homa (www.gamepressure.com)
The guide uses the following color markings:
- Bold - important information and notes.
- Bronze - key characters.
- Blue - items you can pick up / use, and costumes.
- Green - locations (their names are the same as on the map), and useful hints.
The game offers three difficulty levels:
- Casual - unlimited saves and autosaves; the biggest number of useful items; fewer cameras and guards.
- Professional - unlimited saves and autosaves; a lot of useful items (placed in such way that wouldn't force you to run across the entire map to collect them).
- Master - you only have one save per a mission; the number of items on a map is limited - you can always find tools and items for every type of execution but instead of a few of them, you will find only one or two (i.e. poison). NPCs have better hearing, certain assassinations can stain clothes with blood, and you don't get any tips for the story missions.
Choose the easiest level only when you can't complete a given mission or when you are doing it for the first time - it will be easier for you to explore and learn the map. Higher difficulty levels give you more points, unlock challenges and trophies/achievements (those that require you to complete a mission on Master difficulty level).
Note - due to the different placements of items and tools which are caused by difficulty levels the guide focuses on missions and challenges completed on Professional level. We have also included the differences between this level and Master. Besides that, the guide also contains alternate ways of completing missions.
Challenges are additional content that diversifies every mission in Hitman 2. Personally, I think that this is the most interesting way of making the game last longer. They have different requirements, i.e. find an item or intel, eliminate side targets. However, their most important role is that they determine the way in which you should eliminate your main target. Many of these methods require ingenuity.
- Kill your targets in various ways to receive a lot of points and increase your mastery level; this also gives you a chance to unlock a lot of trophies/achievements.
- Mastery points allow you to unlock items and weapons that you can smuggle into a mission area. These items and weapons are also necessary for unlocking certain challenges.
- The game has a few repeatable challenges, i.e. every mission has a challenge in which you have to kill your target with a headshot, by drowning them or to collect all the costumes.
- You don't have to finish a mission to complete a given challenge. Make a save and load it whenever you complete an assassination challenge.
- Note - challenges are only available when you are playing online!
You get points after every mission. Their amount depends on which challenges you have completed, how much time you have spent on this mission, the way in which you have assassinated the main target; the game also counts how many guards you have killed, how many cameras you have destroyed, how much intel you have collected etc. This amount is reduced by killed non-targets, by being detected, number of raised alarms etc.
Important - you get the biggest amount of points by completing challenges. You don't have to finish a mission to complete a given challenge. Reload your previous save when you are sure that a given challenge has been completed. You can also replay the mission and focus on another challenge. However, you need to complete a mission if you want to see the summary of completed challenges, and to receive your points.
Use your points to unlock new items available in a mission briefing. You can also smuggle them and place in a specified location in a mission's area. You also unlock new smuggling places and starting locations, including those where you can start in a costume. Some challenges are unavailable until you unlock the right level.
Every mission starts with a briefing. Here, you can choose your starting location (only after you get points in a given mission) and items that will help you complete main and side objectives.
- Get points in a specific mission to unlock the option to select your starting location and places where you can collect smuggled items.
- To get new items, complete complex challenges that give you items instead of points, and increase your level (thanks to points received at the end of every mission).
Mission stories are available after you complete the second mission in Hitman 2 - Miami (The Finish Line). How does it work? Explore the map and look for people who can give you information, or items - they will allow you to start a plot that will make an assassination easier (and will give you additional points at the end of a mission). Every mission has a few objectives - you need to start them in a certain way. These missions give you clear directions as to what you have to do, and they usually have interesting effects, i.e. gathering multiple targets in one place, relocation of your target getting access to new weapons/items.
Note - you don't get any hints on the Master difficulty level!
Agent 47 can use a special skill called Instinct. Press and hold the button - this makes the screen darker. It allows you to:
- See enemies through walls (some of them will have dots above their heads) - it means that this person can be very suspicious of you when Agent 47 is in a given area (or is in a certain situation - i.e. when you carry a weapon in your hand).
- See items - from weapons to small keys. They are marked gold. However, you can only see items that aren't obstructed by other objects (i.e. you won't see what is behind a building's wall or inside a locked drawer; however, you will see a brick lying on the ground).
- Use Instinct as often as possible, especially before you perform an action.
Our assassin will win every hand-to-hand fight. Below you can find a few tips:
- Hand-to-hand combat makes noise - expect reinforcements or a bystander who will want to see a dead body.
- The only way to kill someone quietly is to strangle someone from behind.
- Usually, you need two hits to end a fistfight; some of them can make a fight last longer - this happens when they surprise attack you. After that, you will have to press a few other buttons.
- A beaten enemy is rendered unconscious.
- An enemy that was knocked out can get up - it will happen when someone finds them.
- You can pretend that you are surrendering to an opponent approaching you with a weapon (the game will inform you about this option). Hold the right button and let the enemy get close to you - 47 will attack that enemy automatically when they get close to him.
- When you are fighting with a guard, you need to finish that enemy off while they are on the ground - otherwise, that person will get up (beat this person again and they will get knocked out).
- Eliminate enemies by using your fists or blunt weapons - their clothes won't get damaged. Firearms, explosives or sharp items will damage clothes.
- Almost every item carried by Agent 47 can be used as a weapon - whether it is a screwdriver, a crowbar or a frying pan. Hit an enemy with it or throw that item - sharp items are deadly, blunt items will only knock an enemy out. Throwing and attacking enemies with items also makes a little bit of noise.
- Agent 47 is fast enough to knock out two guards standing next to each other by using a blunt weapon - one of the enemies will recognize your face. However, that person will be unconscious - hide their body well.
Hiding yourself and bodies
Hide and cover your tracks to remain undetected:
- Hiding is important. You can avoid enemies by hiding behind any obstacle - the best way to do that is to stick to a wall. Enemies can still see you when a part of your head is sticking out while you are hiding behind a wall. Precision is crucial here, unlike in a few other stealth games.
- You can hide in wardrobes or chests. However, this can also be a trap for you when someone saw you hiding in one of these objects.
- You can also use chests and wardrobes to hide bodies. Usually, you can fit two into one object (they will never be found; you can always use them to get a costume from a hidden body).
- Other methods of hiding bodies: throw them into an inaccessible place - into water or above rails at the end of a map, or you can "reprocess" them (by, i.e. feeding them to animals). Enemies that were knocked out can also be hidden in tall grass. Remember, killing enemies results in fewer points - side assassinations don't cost you that many points but they block you from numerous challenges related to precision (alarms, detections, assassinations).
- Costumes are crucial if you want to remain undetected - you can get clothes of almost every person working as a guard or an employee working in key buildings. You can also get costumes of VIPs and other special characters - every map usually has a few high-rank characters or those who have special privileges (these people can be found only in specific locations).
- You can also hide in a crowd - you are safe as long as an enemy with a dot above their head doesn't get too close to you. Sometimes, you can help yourself by throwing a brick or distracting someone when you are still hiding in a crowd. This will help you remain undetected.
Costumes are your key to success. They provide you safety in certain areas. Some of these costumes also allow you to perform special activities. Costumes are rarely found in dressing rooms or lying on the ground. Usually, you have to do some extra work to get them, i.e. by knocking an enemy or a civilian out.
- There are no characters who can move freely in every zone,
- Change your costume frequently,
- You can still get a costume from a person that was thrown into a garbage bin or was hidden in a wardrobe,
- Costumes left on the ground don't disappear,
- You can't wear women's clothes,
- You need to be careful on higher difficulty levels - clothes stained with blood (when you kill someone with a weapon or a sharp item) are useless.
Minimum system requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 940
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon HD 7870
Recommended system requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 4 GHz
- RAM: 16 GB RAM
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB
About Hitman 2 Guide
Author : Patrick "yxu" Homa & Jacek "Stranger" Halas for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hitman 2 Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: IO Interactive
- publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE
Hitman 2 is another entry in the popular series of action games developed by IO-Interactive. It is also a direct sequel to the bestseller game from 2016. The developers gained independence from Square Enix and their new game was published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
Hitman 2 takes place after the events presented in the previous entry in the series. Agent 47 is tasked with eliminating the mysterious client and destroying his criminal network. The matters become more complicated when the protagonist learns the true identity of the target and his past.
The action in Hitman 2 is presented from a third-person perspective. While chasing his target, the silent assassin visits various areas of the world, including tropical forests and the sunny city of Miami. During the game, the players are eliminating selected targets.
Similar to previous entries in the series, the missions in Hitman 2 can be completed in various ways. Although it is possible to complete the tasks by simply participating in open combat with the enemies, more subtle methods and silent assassinations are more preferable. A professional killer is supposed to use disguises, to sneak past enemies, use pistols with silencers and sniper rifles, poisons, and to make the murders look like accidents.
Hitman 2 is the first entry in the series that features a cooperation multiplayer mode titled Sniper Assassin. The singleplayer story campaign remains the main mode of the game.
Hitman is powered by Glacier 2, the engine created by IO-Interactive. The three-dimensional graphics are of similar quality to the ones present in the previous entry in the series.