The unofficial game guide to Ghost of Tsushima is a comprehensive compendium of knowledge about the latest game developed by Sucker Punch studio. By reading the information and advice prepared in this guide you will be able to complete all main and side quests and explore the great world of Ghost Of Tsushima in 100%. Our guide will help you find all secrets of the game and earn the platinum trophy.
The initial part of our game guide to Ghost of Tsushima contains a detailed description of basic features and an overview of all key game mechanics that can make it easier to play the game for the first time. One of the most important sections of our guide is the beginner's guide and tips chapter, which offers hints for novice players and information on how to keep your character alive. Other pages of our guide contain information and advice regarding various topics, such as, sneaking (Ghost style), direct combat (Samurai style), character development, crafting, world exploration, horse riding, completing quests and tasks, using the best weapons and gadgets. Also, we have prepared a trophy guide in which we have thoroughly described all achievements and provided information on how you can earn them. The guide is complemented by pages about controls, system requirements, available game editions, and information on how long it takes to run-through the Ghost of Tsushima.
In our guide you can also find a detailed walkthrough of the whole story campaign available in Ghost of Tsushima. Our walkthrough have been divided into descriptions of all main quests and descriptions of optional side quests. The completion of the latter is not required to complete the main storyline. In the descriptions of individual quests you can find tips on how to accomplish mission objectives, how to sneak into hostile locations, how to win direct battles and how to defeat bosses who may be more challenging. In our discussion of selected tasks we have also took into account the issue of important choices and presented the consequences of all decisions you can make in the game. Additionally, you can find out whether Ghost of Tsushima has several endings.
One of the major chapters of our Ghost of Tsushima guide is the world atlas, in which we focused on discussing all possible locations that can be visited and all the attractions hidden on the title island of Tsushima. By using the information we have prepared you will be able to find all collectibles of the game, including the shrines.
- List of all tales, quests - walkthrough
- List of all side tales, quests - walkthrough
- All bosses
- All collectibles, secrets
- Beginner's guide & tips
- How long is the game?
- Trophies, platinum - guide
- Controls PS4
List of all tales, quests - walkthrough
Below is a list of all the main and side quests in Ghost of Tsushima. Walkthroughs of all quests/tales can be found in our walkthrough section.
Prologue and Act 1
- The Warrior's Code
- The Tale of Sensei Ishikawa
- The Tale of Lady Masako
- Blood on the Grass
- The Broken Blacksmith
- Hammer and Forge
- The Tale of Ryuzo
- The Iron Hook
- Shadow of the Samurai
- A New Horizon
- A Message in Fire
- The Walls of Yarikawa
- The Coward of Yarikawa
- Ghosts from the Past
- The Ghost of Yarikawa
- A Reckoning in Blood
- The Fate of Tsushima
- From the Darkness
Act 3 and Endings
- Honor and Ash
- Wolves at the Gates
- A Gathering Storm
- Heart of the Jito
- Eternal Blue Sky
- The Tale of Lord Shimura
List of all side tales, quests - walkthrough
The Tale of Sensei Ishikawa
- The Sensei and The Student
- The Past Never Passes
- The Way of the Bow
- Dreams of Conquest
- The Ghost and the Demon Sensei
- The Terror of Otsuna
- Friends in Passing
- Laid to Rest
The Tale of Lady Masako
- The Headman
- The Husband
- The Traitor
- A Mother's Peace
- The Fool
- The Family Man
- The Thief
- The Conspirator
- The Sister Betrayed
A Kenji Tale
A Norio Tale
- The Last Warrior Monk
- Three Actions, Three Illusions
- Ghosts in the Fog
- The Birth of Suffering
- The Blood Sutra
- The Cause of Suffering
- The End of Suffering
- The Guardian of Tsushima
- This Threefold World
The Tale of Yuna
A Yuriko Tale
- Incident at Hiyoshi Pass
- The Other Side of Honour
- The Cost of Iron
- A Place to Call Home
- For Tsushima
- The Value of Sake
- A Healer's Touch
- Unfinished Business
- Honour Buried Deep
- Lost at Sea
- Whispers in the Woods
- Empty Basket
- The Laughing Bandits
- The Burden of Theft
- The River Children
- A Thief of Innocence
- A Final Request
- A Wealthy Man Has All He Needs
- The Generosity Lady Sanjo
- Flesh and Stone
- Peace for the Divine
- Fit for the Khan
- The Cost of Fear
- A Father's Choice
- Hidden in Snow
- A Debt Repaid
- The Legend of Tadayori - complete this quest to receive Tadayori's Armor
- The Heavenly Strike - complete this quest to receive Heavenly Strike skill
- The Curse of Uchitsune - complete this quest to receive a Long bow and Explosive arrow
- The Unbreakable Gosaku - complete this quest to receive the Gosaku's Armor
- The Spirit of Yarikawa's Vengeance - complete this quest to receive Dance of Wrath skill
- The Six Blades of Kojiro - complete this quest to receive Kensei's Armor
- The Undying Flame - complete this quest to receive Way of the Flame skill
Below you have a list of all the Ghost of Tsushima bosses encountered in the main and side quests. Detailed descriptions of the individual boss battles in the Bosses chapter.
Bosses, main quests
- Ryuzo - first encounter
- General Temuge
- Ryuzo - second encounter
- Lord Shimura (the final boss of the game)
Bosses, side quests and Mythic Tales
All collectibles, secrets
Below is a list of the guide pages showing the secrets in Ghost of Tsushima. The collectibles were divided according to the categories or locations in which they appear. All information on how to find them on the Secrets and collectibles page.
Collectibles in Ghost of Tsushima - records, Mongol artifacts, and hidden altars
World atlas maps - Tsushima island
Secrets in Ghost of Tsushima - Izuhara region
- 24 camps;
- Pillars of Honor;
- Hot Springs;
- Inari Shrines;
- Bamboo Strikes;
- Shinto Shrines;
Secrets in Ghost of Tsushima - Toyotama region
- 15 camps;
- 5 duels;
- Pillars of Honor;
- Hot Springs;
- Inari Shrines;
- Bamboo Strikes;
- Shinto Shrines;
Secrets in Ghost of Tsushima - Kamiagata region
Beginner's guide & tips
Below we have prepared some useful tips for novice players, who are going to begin their adventure on the island of Tsushima. Getting to know them will make it easier for you to embark on an adventure in Ghost of Tsushima. More pieces of advice and more detailed hints are available in a separate chapter of our guide - Beginner's guide and tips.
- You can set any difficulty level, because none of the trophies are associated with this topic. We recommend you to choose between normal and high difficulty levels.
- Practice the parry ability by pressing L1 button. This practice and short training will help you especially when confronting bosses. Also try to quickly unlock Perfect Parry ability.
- You have to dodge red attacks at all costs. Jin is unable to block or parry these enemy strikes.
- Blue attacks are also dangerous. Initially, you have to avoid them. But later you can enable some parry-related abilities that will allow you to parry these attacks.
- You have to heal the hero on your own - you have to press the down directional button of the d-pad of your gaming controller. This action requires Resolve that can be obtained, among other things, by killing enemies.
- Use kunai knives to stun your enemies. You can easily attack a stunned opponent without the risk that the enemy may block or parry your attack.
- It's best to attack enemy leaders by surprise, because they're stronger. A stealth attack can seriously injure or instantly kill the leader.
- Properly adjust your stance to the types of currently attacking enemies. Jin's attacks will become more effective, especially those activated by the Triangle button.
- Use dodges during fights against archers, specifically every time you hear an archer scream. Later on you will be able to unlock the reflect arrows ability.
- Choose your hero's outfit to suit your current needs - it's worth having your own favourite outfits for traversing the game world, sneaking around and engaging in direct combat.
- Regularly upgrade your hero's weapons to increase their stats. This will allow you to eliminate opponents faster and easier.
- Visit as many question marks on the map as possible. These can be locations, for example, with unique treasures or rewards that permanently increase Jin's statistics.
- Don't jump from high altitudes. Jin could be injured or die due to the fall damage. Look for interactive ledges or paths to get down safely.
- Quickly complete all main quests of the first act. Most of them will give you very useful gadgets and skills, such as a bow and grapple hook.
- The sooner you engage in mythical tales the better. Each such side quest has a valuable reward - a weapon, an armor, or a special skill.
- Sneak into locations with hostages. If an alarm is being raised, the enemy may choose to kill them, and the death of a civilian may end up with failure.
- Collect as many crafting materials as possible. You'll need them, among other things, to upgrade your equipment and buy disposable items.
How long is the game?
Your first playthrough of Ghost of Tsushima should take about 30-40 hours. This value assumes that in addition to the main quests, you will do some side quests and additional activities. Many of these activities are important. Completing them can help you level up or improve the hero's equipment. This is helpful in completing tasks, fighting bosses and other stronger opponents.
Find out more on the separate page of our guide: Game length.
Trophies, platinum - guide
The platinum trophy in Ghost of Tsushima is not that difficult to earn, but it may take you a long time to unlock it. This is mainly due to the need of recapturing all locations occupied by the Mongols, discovering all question markers on the map and completing side quests (tales). These requirements will extend the total gameplay time to around 50 hours. Luckily, Ghost of Tsushima doesn't have a trophy associated with difficulty levels and doesn't force you to find secrets / collectibles in 100%.
You can find a complete list of trophies in our trophy guide.
Focused Hearing / Gestures
Aim / Switch Ranged Weapons and Ammo
Crouch / Mount Horse / Contextual Interaction
Quick Attack / Assassination (Stealth kill)
Quickfire Weapon / Ghost Weapon
Switch Stance or Quickfire / Ghost Weapon
About Ghost of Tsushima Guide, Walkthrough
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas & Natalia "N.Tenn" Fras for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Ghost of Tsushima Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Sucker Punch Productions
- publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
- platform: PS4
More About Ghost of Tsushima
The Last of Us: Part 2 or Cyberpunk 2077? Maybe the inconspicuous Hades, which absolutely stormed our hearts? We've chosen our games of the year.
The Witcher 3 is a great game, but Ghost of Tsushima proved to me that the formula used by CD Projekt RED is rather outdated and can be improved... by getting rid of some core RPG mechanics.
In July, we'll be introduced to Ghost of Tsushima, the last big exclusive game on PlayStation 4. Racing fans will celebrate a new Trackmania and Formula 1, and Hideo Kojima's loud Death Stranding will arrive on PC.
At the end of 2020 we will welcome the new generation of consoles, PS5 and new Xbox. Therefore, the coming months will be one of the last of PS4. PlayStation will say goodbye to us with big hits.
With releases of such magnitude as Cyberpunk 2077, The Last of Us 2, or the Remake of Final Fantasy VII, 2020 may become one of the memorable years in gaming. We list 12 games we look forward to the most.