This section of our guide to Animal Crossing New Horizons describes all the stages of expanding our home.
Your character's house is one of the most important buildings in the game. The developers couldn't resist designing many options for its development and customization. However, to make your tent turn into a beautiful mansion, you will need to spend weeks on the game and invest millions of Bells - get ready for a lot of fun.
- What does home expansion offer?
- How to expand a house?
- When do I pay for the expansion?
- Home expansion costs
- How to customize the house appearance?
- Is the last instalment worth paying?
What does home expansion offer?
First of all, the bigger the house we have, the more things we can fit in. You can place them in two buildings - you manage the space in which you place furniture and other objects (the final development project gives you six rooms), but also the warehouse in which you can keep various items - resources, various items, tools, etc.
Over time, we also get the opportunity to influence the external appearance of our home.
How to expand a house?
To expand your home, you need to talk to Tom Nook in Residential Services. He can change the appearance of the front of the house (e.g. the color of the roof, the type of door or the walls) - there are many customization options.
When do I pay for the expansion?
This is important - we pay for each development stage after it is finished. Until we pay off that loan, we can't continue to expand our house. First, we have to pay off our debts. Then we can ask Tom Nook for another investment.
Home expansion costs
COST (PAID AFTER THE DEVELOPMENT IS FINISHED)
WAREHOUSE SIZE (TOTAL)
2. House (one 6x6 room)
3. House (one 8x8 room)
4. House (two rooms)
5. House (three rooms)
6. House (four rooms)
7. House (four rooms and one floor)
8. House (four rooms, floor and basement)
How to customize the house appearance?
Various options for changing the exterior appearance of our house appear with the next stages of its development.
- The first option allows you to change the look of the letterbox and the color of the roof. You will get it in the fifth stage of the home expansion process.
- In the sixth stage, you can customize the door.
- In the seventh stage, you will be able to customize the front of the house (siding).
- After paying for the last installment, you will get the opportunity to change the look of your home once a day for free.
Is the last instalment worth paying?
You get all the benefits of the last stage of home expansion before paying for them. So, is it worth giving Tom Nook 2.5 million Bells? Paying for the last installment isn't worth it if you consider the last benefit (one free home customization a day). Settling up is only required if you want to complete AC New Horizons in 100%.