Nook Miles is a new feature in Animal Crossing series. In New Horizons, Nook Miles can be accessed through the Nook Phone. What is this system?
Nook Miles have two functions:
- It's a currency that can be used for buying furniture and DIY Recipes in the Nook Stop in Resident Services - the main building in the central court of the island. Nook Miles can be also used for buying tickets that enable the player to visit other islands (these islands aren't created by other players but random generated).
- It's a system similar to achievements. We are awarded with Nook Miles for... almost everything. We get them for catching insects, being bitten by wasps for the first time, planting new trees, even for throwing down a gift attached to a balloon.
As you can see, Nook Miles are worth gathering. You don't need to focus your efforts on collecting them - you will gain them frequently by simply playing the game. But don't spend them all right away.
Many useful gameplay upgrades can be bought for Nook Miles:
- Expansion of the size of our backback (three levels)
- Cliff-Construction permit (6000 Nook Miles)
- Waterscpaing permit (6000 Nook Miles)