On this page of our guide to New Horizons Animal Crossing, you'll find out what's not worth to sell.
While playing Animal Crossing you will quickly catch thousands of insects and fish. Also, you will collect lots of stones, clay, clothes and furniture. Most of these things can be quickly sold in the shop to get the bells required to develop your home or build infrastructure on the island. But it's not worth selling everything. Here's a short list of things you better not get rid of right away.
- Take the first caught fish specimen or insect to the museum. Sometimes you will regret that you offer so many gifts to the museum in order to complete the collection, because some creatures are very rare. But the fun of gathering various species and specimens for the museum is more enjoyable than receiving dozens of bells.
- Never sell all the fruit if you don't have at least one such tree on the island. New species of trees can be found on other islands to which you can fly by using the Dodo airlines. When you see trees with fruits that are not available on your island, then you must plant them at home (preferably all of them). For their fruits you will get more bells than for those that have been on your island since the beginning. So you can get a lot of cash.
- Stones, iron, clay or gold are useful components required to create items. However, you can get a limited number of them every day (it's possible to fly to other islands and try your luck in finding some stones there, but such a flight is going to cost you a bit). So don't sell them, but take them to the storage. They will be useful after some time.
- Don't sell DIY recipes which you don't know yet - just learn them. Don't waste a recipe or blueprint just for a few coins. You will be able to craft something new!
- Don't sell fossils. Give one unit of each fossil to the museum. Even if you find something that is currently exhibited in the museum, we still don't recommend to sell it. Why? Because you can decorate your house (and 'garden') with dinosaur skeletons - and since you can find very few of them every day (4 a day), it takes a very long time to collect a cool collection.
- Do not get rid of unnecessary furniture, wallpapers or floors. Although at the beginning you have only a small room to decorate, after time you will come up with more space. It will turn out that sold pieces of furniture would be useful to you. Besides, who knows, maybe in six months' time you'll decide to make one room into a kitchen and then this dishwasher, which you sold a few months ago, would be a perfect fit.