GreedFall: Companions - can they betray me? GreedFall guide, walkthrough
Last update: Thursday, July 1, 2021
In the GreedFall you can encounter and meet five different companions. Each of them has special abilities and belongs to another faction. You will meet them during story quests in which you can take them with you (ask them to join your party), and even an affair with them.
- Who can become my companion?
- Can a companion betray you?
- How to protect yourself from companion's betrayal?
Who can become my companion?
- Kurt who will join you practically at the beginning of the game.
- Vasco, who will permanently join the team after completing the prologue and the main quest of The Great Departure.
- Siora, you'll meet this woman on your first visit to Constantin's palace, when you visit New Serene.
- Petrusa, this man will join you after completing the Old Countries in the New World quest.
- Aphra, this woman will join you after completing the main story quest called Scholars in the Expedition.
Can a companion betray you?
Yes. A companion can betray you if you don't have a developed relationship with him (you haven't performed a mission for him). When this happens, you can get the traitor out of your ranks and kill your companion. By the way, you'll prove to the other partners that they can't mess with you.
How to protect yourself from companion's betrayal?
You must build a relationship with a companion, so he or she won't betray you in later stages of the game. The ideal way to do this is to complete all quests commissioned by each of them.
- Find Queen Bladnid;
- Promises set in stone;
- The Queen's Farewell.