Guide to GreedFall is a compendium of knowledge that will help you to complete the game in 100%. The opening chapters of the guide cover the basics and the most important mechanics in the game. You will learn what the character development system looks like, how skills, attributes and talents differ from each other, how to explore the world and fight, how to increase your reputation, or how to manage a team.
An important part of our guide is the walkthrough - we have provided detailed descriptions of all main and side quests in GreedFall. You will also learn about the important choices and all available endings, as well as what are the requirements to unlock them. Our guide also contains maps that will guide you through all the lands of GreedFall. Thanks to the maps in our world atlas, you will also learn about the most important secrets and Skill Altars. The walkthrough is complemented by descriptions of boss fights, which are mandatory to complete the game, and optional creatures.
The Teer Fradee island is full of dangers, but fortunately, your companions will help you in battle. We have prepared a list of the available companions and walkthroughs of their dedicated quests. Some of your companions can also be romanced - you will find out who you can start a romance with in GreedFall, what are the requirements for starting a romance and how they will unfold.
One of the larger chapters of the guide is the FAQ which provides answers to frequently asked questions. There, you'll read about e.g. which skills are the best, how to solve the elemental puzzle, how to get the best equipment, how to collect gold, how to open chests, or how to use fast travel.
The guide is complemented with an appendix, where you will find first and foremost the trophy guide and learn how to unlock the platinum trophy in GreedFall. Apart from that, you will find sections devoted to controls and system requirements, as well as information on how long it takes to beat GreedFall.
- GreedFall: Quick beginner's guide
- GreedFall: All main quests
- GreedFall: All endings
- GreedFall: All side quests
- GreedFall: All companions quests
- GreedFall: All romances
- GreedFall: Secrets and collectibles
- GreedFall: FAQ
- GreedFall: Strategy guide
- GreedFall: Best builds
- GreedFall: World atlas
- GreedFall: Game length
- GreedFall: Platinum trophy
- GreedFall: System requirements
- GreedFall: PS+
- GreedFall: Language versions
GreedFall: Quick beginner's guide
Below, you will find the 10 most important tips and tricks that draw attention to a number of useful issues. Learning them should help you survive the first hours of the game and avoid making serious mistakes. For more tips, see the separate section called Beginner's guide.
- You can quietly visit various houses and rob them (in other words - rob properties of the householders). However, many chests require the Lockpicking talent.
- Buy ammo whenever you visit a merchant - the firearms in the game are very powerful, but ammo can be hard to come by.
- It's worth to explore the game world. Some maps hide minibosses (Keepers) and other strong optional enemies who, for example, guards a chest with legendary items.
- As far as talents are concerned, it is worth buying at least 1 charisma point and trying to use this talent during quests. This will usually allow you to complete a quest successfully and grant you additional reputation. You can try to use the old-fashioned save/load technique before talking with a specific character to succeed in the conversation.
- Equip your companions with good weapons - they are really helpful during combat. Kurt with a two-handed weapon is able to destroy a large number of enemies on his own.
- Unlock the Magic Healing skill as soon as possible so you won't have to use health potions anymore. Further skill improvements are highly recommended - in the end you can also heal your companions.
- While exploring, try to find and set up camps as quickly as possible - fast travel will help you return to old places to do a side quest.
- When you're in a fight, try not to run too far away - enemies can "lose sight of you" in combat. This will cause them to reset their health and return to their original location.
- Firearms are very powerful - even an ordinary revolver stuns the enemy and deals a lot of damage. Try to have at least 1 point in the accuracy attribute.
- The New Serene Arena rewards you with a powerful two-handed weapon. If you work hard and complete all 5 waves early, you can get a great sword. It requires 5 agility and the two-handed weapons skill.
GreedFall: All main quests
The quests in GreedFall are divided into main and side quests. The main quests are the ones required to complete the main storyline. Some of these missions contain important choices, which we have included in the respective quest walkthroughs. GreedFall doesn't feature the classic division into acts, although there are larger and smaller storylines in the game, and you have to make sure that all of them are 100% completed.
Main storyline A Cure for Melichor
- The Great Departure is a prologue quest in which you will learn the basics of combat, learn how to command a team, explore the starting location and defeat the first boss in the docks.
- The Battle of the Red Spears
- Old Countries in a New World
- Demonical Cult
- Scholars in the Expedition
- Face to Face with the Demon
- Quest for Panacea
- In Pursuit of the Tierna Harh Cadachtas
- The Trials of the Water
- On the High King's Trail
- Vinbarr's Sanctuary
- The New High King
- Face to Face with a God
Main storyline An Ancient Secret
Main storyline Coup D'√©tat
Main storyline Constantin's Fate
Main storyline A New Threat
- Attack on Hikmet
- The attack on San Matheus
- Where Madness Goes
- Together for Teer Fradee
- Breaking the Links
- Assault on the Heart - this is the final main quest of the game, in which you fight the final boss. Your hero also has to make an important choice which will affect the ending of the game.
GreedFall: All endings
There are two main endings to unlock in GreedFall, both of which have many smaller variations. Below, you will find all the pages related to the endings:
- Overview of the GreedFall endings - you will learn what the 2 basic endings are and when you choose them.
- Choices - which ones affect the ending? - You will learn about smaller choices that can affect the course of the selected main ending.
- Best ending - how to get? - We have prepared a list of choices associated with unlocking the most positive ending of the adventure.
GreedFall: All side quests
Below you will find a list of GreedFall's side quests, which are not companion-related. These missions are not required to complete the game, although they may include choices and be rewarded with a valuable loot. Optional quests are divided into several groups, making it easier to find the mission you are interested in.
- List of side quests
- In Professor Serafeddin's Footsteps - this is a unique side quest that involves finding 5 notes.
Before the Departure
The Children of Teer Fradee
- An Aspiring Merchant
- A Peculiar Alliance
- Logging Expedition
- The price of blood
- Camp of the Ordo Luminis
The Shadows of the Guard
In the Name of Science
The Origins of Theleme
The Naut's Secrets
GreedFall: All companions quests
Below you will find a list of all companions quests. Each companion is associated with 3 different quests. Completing them allows you to get to know the character better, befriend them and maybe start a romance with them.
GreedFall: All romances
GreedFall allows you to romance your companions. Below you will find a list of pages related to all the companions with whom you can start a romance. Each of these pages contains step-by-step instructions on how to start respective romances.
GreedFall: Secrets and collectibles
In GreedFall, secret items and locations await discovery. Below, you will find a list of the guide pages devoted to secrets and collectibles:
- Legendary items - you will find information about where to look for individual legendary items and elements of legendary sets.
- Optional bosses - we have prepared a list of optional bosses along with information about where they are and how the boss fights unfold.
- Skill Altars - we have compiled a list of all Skill Altars which provide the player with free skill points.
As you're playing GreedFall, you may have trouble understanding some of the gameplay mechanics, or fulfilling the requirements to perform certain actions. We have gathered all the most problematic topics in one large chapter with frequently asked questions.
- Gold - how to collect? - You will need it to buy anything in the game.
- Romances - are there any? - You'll find out. e.g. whether it is possible to have a relationship with several characters at once, and whether the potential romantic partners have sexual preferences.
- Game finished - can I see everything? - You will learn if there's any interesting content you might miss.
- Side quests - how to find?
- Companions - can they die? - You'll learn whether the companions can die permanently and how to care for their health.
- Companions - can they betray me? - We explain in what circumstances the main protagonist can be betrayed and how to prevent it.
- Looks - can I change? - You will find out if you can change the appearance of the main character after closing the character creator.
- Inventory - why can't I remove items?
- Wounds - how to heal? - We have compiled all possible methods to restore a team member's full health.
- Closed chests, doors - how to unlock? - You will find out what are the requirements for picking the lock of a door or chest.
- Difficulty level - which one is best?
- Laced Drink - how to prepare? - You can do it as part of the Coin Guard Merchandise quest.
- Inventory - how to deal with weight limits? - We describe the ways of seeing the weight of specific objects and removing/storing items which are not necessary.
- City of Serene - can I return? - This refers to the city from the very beginning of the game.
- Fast travel - how to use? - We explain how to activate fast travel and whether it is free.
- Character development - how to reset? - You may be interested in this if you have not planned the development of your character correctly.
- Elemental puzzle - how to solve? - It's a puzzle from the main quest called Demonical Cult.
- Inaccessible places - how to reach? - You'll find out. e.g. how to tear down walls, how to walk through narrow beams and how to jump.
- Camping - how do I do it? - You'll learn how to set up a camp for your team and what are its main features.
- Attributes, talents - how to unlock? - We explain what attributes and talents are, as well as how to acquire them.
GreedFall: Strategy guide
One of the larger chapters of our guide is the strategy guide, which describes the basics of the game and provides tips related to the most important gameplay mechanics. The list of the topics covered in the guide can be found below:
- Interface - you will learn what information are displayed on the screen, as well as how to change or hide the HUD.
- Character development - you will learn how the character can level up, and how to unlock and reset skills.
- Character creation - you can read about the options available in the character creator, and also about the choice of class, attributes and talents.
- Companions - you will find out who the potential team members are and how to add them to the team.
- Factions - you will learn about the main groups in the game world.
- Reputation - we explain what actions increase or decrease reputation, and how reputation affects your relationships with the companions.
- Malichor - you will find out what the Malichor disease is in the game world and whether you can fight it.
- Talents - we have compiled a list of all talents along with their descriptions.
- Attributes - we have compiled a list of all attributes along with their descriptions.
- Skill tree - this page contains descriptions of the main skill trees.
- Craftsmanship and alchemy - you'll learn what are the requirements for crafting and alchemy, as well as what recipes they unlock.
- Exploration and Stealth - you will learn the basics of exploring the game world and avoiding detection.
- Combat - we have compiled all the most important tips and information about fighting, as well as the gameplay mechanics associated with combat.
- Arena - we explain what the battle arenas are, how to approach arena fights, who you need to defeat and what rewards you can receive.
- Team management - you'll learn how to lead a team, how to influence and the companions and your relationships with them, and how to heal and resurrect them.
- Magic - you can learn everything about magic in GreedFall, e.g. how to restore mana, how to use rings and what spells are the best.
GreedFall: Best builds
GreedFall is a full-fledged RPG, and as a result, creating a good character build can make it easier for you to play the game, both in terms of combat and completing the quests. We have described some recommended builds for characters with different play styles:
GreedFall: World atlas
Our guide provides a complete world atlas for GreedFall. It contains the map of the entire land/island of Teer Fradee, where all the most important locations are marked. Below the map are descriptions of the main locations and other information.
GreedFall: Game length
GreedFall is a relatively long game, though not as long as e.g. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. It should take you about 30 hours to complete the main storyline, depending on the difficulty level and play style.
Completing the game 100% is a matter of about 50 hours - here, apart from the main quests, you will also do all the side quests and team quests, and you will visit all locations. More information can be found on a separate page Game length.
GreedFall: Platinum trophy
In GreedFall you can get up to 59 trophies and in the PS4 / PS5 versions it also includes a platinum trophy. Getting platinum is complicated primarily by the fact that the game has to be completed at the highest difficulty level - the Extreme Mode. You also need to be aware that some achievements are mutually exclusive, but you can partially reduce this problem by creating manual saves often and returning to them when you need it. Additionally, to get 100% of the achievements you need to, among other things, defeat all optional bosses.
For complete information on the requirements related to particular trophies and ways to unlock the Platinum trophy in GreedFall, see the page Trophies / Achievements.
GreedFall: System requirements
- OS: Windows 7/Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5 - 3450 3.2 GHz or AMD FX-6300
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: GeForce GTX 660 or Radeon HD 7870
- HDD space required: 25 GB
- Video card memory: 2 GB
More information e.g. about the recommended requirements and how the game runs, see the System requirements page.
In addition, on the Technical issues page we have included a list of the most common bugs in GreedFall. We've also provided suggestions on how to deal with such bugs.
In January 2021, GreedFall was offered for free to PlayStation Plus subscribers. The PS + version is the complete one, because no story DLCs have been released for GreedFall.
It is worth noting that an active PS + subscription is not required to complete the game 100%. GreedFall does not feature any multiplayer mode.
GreedFall: Language versions
GreedFall features a full English language version, which applies to all versions of the game (PC / PS4 / PS5 / Xbox One / Xbox Series X). This means that all language versions will have the English dubbing, but the subtitles can be changed to a different language.
About GreedFall Guide
Author : Grzegorz "Alban3k" Misztal & Jacek "Stranger" Halas & Natalia "N.Tenn" Fras for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
GreedFall Video Game
- genre: RPG
- developer: Spiders
- publisher: Focus Home Interactive
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE