GreedFall: Inventory capacity - how to deal with limits? GreedFall guide, walkthrough
Last update: Thursday, July 1, 2021
This page of our guide to GreedFall explains how to deal with the inventory load limit that prevents you from carrying a huge amount of items. We inform, among other things, where to store temporary unnecessary items. This can be helpful especially if you get items with too high stat requirements for team members.
- How to determine how much weight the carried items weight?
- Getting rid of unnecessary things
- Team chest - store items for later
How to determine how much weight the carried items weight?
The current capacity limit is displayed at the top of the screen in the inventory window. The information about the total weight of transported items is also displayed e.g. in the trading window or after opening a chest with some loot.
- The inventory is shared by the whole team. Don't count on the fact that by joining a new companion you will guarantee yourself the possibility of storing new heavy items in the inventory.
- Armor items are the heaviest ones.
- The second most important in terms of weight are various weapons.
- Potions and other disposable items weigh very little, so you can carry them in large quantities.
- Crafting materials, gold and quest items do not weigh anything.
Getting rid of unnecessary things
The first way to free up inventory space is to dispose of completely unnecessary equipment. You can first of all visit merchants and sell them your belongings.
Alternative way of getting rid of items is to disassemble them into parts. When you highlight an item from your inventory, select Recycle. The game will display information with percentage chances of obtaining parts for crafting. We recommend using this method only if you are interested in acquiring crafting materials. Also, you can save the game before recycling items, so you may succeed in another try.
Team chest - store items for later
The second way to "clean up" the inventory is to leave unnecessary items in the team chest. This is the best option if you plan to use a heavier item in the future, e.g. after the hero has increased his stats and met the requirements for using weapons or armor.
Chests can be found in all major cities of the game. The first one will be at the protagonist's house in New Serene, the city you reach after the prologue is over.
Chests may also appear in merchant camps and by the bonfires, which can be encountered while you travel around the game world. Content is automatically transferred between all uncovered chests.