Our guide Farming Simulator 22 aims to introduce players to the world of virtual farming and breeding. You will learn how to start an adventure with FS22, regardless of whether you are new to the series or a seasoned veteran.
The first pages of the guide focus on the beginner's guide (e.g. which machines to choose at the start, which locations will be the most favorable, etc.) and explain the basics of the gameplay, e.g. how to buy and modify machines, make money - selling agricultural and animal products, the economic system, employing new workers, etc. We have also included a description of weather cycles and their impact on the overall gameplay. We also explain the multiplayer aspect of the game.
The main part of the guide focuses on the crops and breeding that is, the core of Farming Simulator 22's gameplay. You will find out how to grow the individual plants, taking into account the different stages, their order, and how to influence efficiency. You will read how does the seasons' system work and how to use the crops' calendar. You will also learn the use of specific types of machines. The same goes for breeding - you will learn all animals, their requirements and how to earn from them. You will also learn additional activities such as fruit-growing or forestry.
The machines have a separate section of the guide. If you do not know how to use specific equipment, check out our descriptions of the machines. We also selected the best and most interesting equipment and gave them a more detailed description regarding their operation and expansion as well as their hidden uses.
We also posted information about the controls for both the keyboard and the gamepad, an extensive trophy guide, system requirements together with the description of graphical settings to help optimize the game's performance on a weaker PC.
- Farming Simulator 22: Basics
- Farming Simulator 22: FAQ
- Farming Simulator 22: Fieldwork
- Farming Simulator 22: Fruit-growing
- Farming Simulator 22: Animal husbandry
- Farming Simulator 22: Wood industry
- Farming Simulator 22: Grass, hay, silage
- Farming Simulator 22: Achievements/trophies
- Farming Simulator 22: Game editions
- Farming Simulator 22: Brands and manufacturers
- Farming Simulator 22: Release date
- Farming Simulator 22: System requirements
Farming Simulator 22: Basics
In the Basics chapter, you will find both theoretical and practical information about the game's mechanics, the first steps regarding the gameplay, and the changes regarding Farming Simulator 19
- DLC expansions - here you will see information about the releases of the expansions to FS22.
- FS19 and FS22 - similarities and differences - this chapter discusses the key innovations in Farming Simulator 22 compared to the previous part. Anyone who is familiar with FS19 should read this chapter first.
- Seasons - description of the seasons' system. What to do in winter, when to plant and how to use the calendar of crops.
- Production chains - here you will get information about the production chains: what they are, how to make money on them, what products are associated with them.
- Missions and tasks - FS22 offers novice players (and not only them) a system of tasks and missions from NPCs. You can make a lot of money from them, but they distract attention from taking care of your own farm.
The Basics chapter is in preparation
Farming Simulator 22: FAQ
The FAQ chapter contains answers to the most frequently asked questions about Farming Simulator 22.
The FAQ chapter is in preparation
Farming Simulator 22: Fieldwork
Fieldwork is the main chapter of our Farming Simulator 22 guide. It discusses in detail each stage of fieldwork and preparing it for cultivation. Besides the activities like plowing, cultivation, sowing, planting, and weeding, FS22 also requires players to do occasional liming. The new mechanics include picking up stones and modifying fertilization.
- Creating and removing fields - here you will read about how to create and remove cultivated fields from purchased land.
- Liming - its goal is to balance the reaction of the soil. It is necessary when creating new fields.
- Decontamination - it's a new mechanic introduced in FS22. Getting rid of stones from the field using special machines is very important to make your farming more efficient.
- Plowing - the basic activity of preparing fields for cultivation; optional for cereals, required for root plants before planting them. It takes more time than cultivation.
- Cultivation - cultivation allows you to rake, level, and aerate the soil to prepare it for the next sowing. The work required after each harvest can be combined with sowing/fertilizing if you buy the right machines.
- Sowing and planting - we sow cereals, and plant vegetables - here you will find a range of suitable products and machines for the right task.
- Weeding - weeds will appear on every field over time. Use narrow wheels and properly manipulate growth rate techniques to get rid of unwanted things growing next to your crops.
- Fertilization - fertilization in FS22 is a broad topic, due to the available methods of fertilization and the available tools.
The Fieldwork chapter is in preparation
Farming Simulator 22: Fruit-growing
Since fruit-growing is a new feature in Farming Simulator 22, we have decided to devote a separate chapter dedicated only to this topic. At the release, we are able to cultivate two types of fruit - grapes and olives. They require the player to build an orchard on their fields, use special machines, and do different work. They are also part of production chains.
The Fruit-growing chapter is in preparation
Farming Simulator 22: Animal husbandry
Farming Simulator 22 has several species of animals to choose from, starting with animals that are simple for breeding like chickens, and ending with more complex ones such as pigs or cows. As before, livestock will have different requirements and provide unique benefits - you can earn money from cows by selling meat or milk, and pigs will generate a lot of manure which has gained significance. This system took many inspirations from the solutions presented in the Seasons 19 mod by complicating and paying more attention to husbandry.
- Chickens - chickens are the least demanding type of animals, requiring the least amount of work. However, eggs are used in production chains.
- Sheep - sheep generate milk and wool, which you can sell or use in production chains. This is almost the easiest and most profitable type of animal for husbandry, but it does not provide valuable fertilizer.
- Cows - in order to raise cows effectively, they will need a balanced diet.
- Pigs - you get the most fertilizer by raising pigs. They need a lot of food, although you do not need to focus on efficiency if you care about natural fertilizers.
The animal husbandry chapter is in preparation
Farming Simulator 22: Wood industry
Farming Simulator 22 also lets you play the lumberjack, that is, use the developed wood industry. Moreover, this mechanic has been expanded and improved in this installment. Wood will also play a part in the production chain system, so expect more work than just cutting and transporting the raw material to a selling point.
The Wood industry chapter is in preparation
Farming Simulator 22: Grass, hay, silage
In this part of the guide, you will find information about the processing of grass, i.e. where and how you can mow grass, whether you can hire workers for mowing, how to obtain hay and silage. You will find a lot of information about the baling technology, their transportation, and sale.
- Mowing grass - you will learn about mowing methods, available machines, and places where you can get grass.
- Drying and raking - hay - how to get hay? Dry the grass. How do I do that? Check this chapter.
- Silage - extraction, and application - you can get silage from grass by storing it in prisms or wrapping bales with grass. Silage has many uses in feed and has high purchase prices.
- Belting - bales are more convenient to transport and store than grass, but this technology requires machines and does not always provide greater speed. Bales can be transported more easily to the selling points.
The Grass, hay, silage chapter is in preparation
Farming Simulator 22: Achievements/trophies
Following the previous parts, Farming Simulator 22 includes a sizable list of achievements and trophies. With our trophy guide, you will not miss any of them.
The Achievements/trophies chapter is in preparation
Farming Simulator 22: Game editions
Farming Simulator 22 will be released in a special physical edition - Collector's Edition.
However, it will not offer additional in-game content (besides the pre-order bonus). Instead, it will have physical goods for fans. The pre-order bonus (CLAAS Xerion SADDLE TRAC Pack) will be available to anyone who buys the game before its release.
Farming Simulator 22: Brands and manufacturers
The full list of the available brands isn't known yet, but the developer mentions about 100 different companies. This includes brands of agricultural machinery, tractors, as well as other vehicles not strictly related to agriculture and buildings. The well-known brands included in FS22 are John Deere, CLAAS, Case IH, DEUTZ-FAHR, New Holland, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Valtra, Zetor, Kaweco, Unia, Mack Trucks, Lode King, Kuhn, SaMASZ, Berthoud, Manitou, Hormann, Hardi, Fuhrmann, Ponnse, Palfinger, Provitis.
Farming Simulator 22: Release date
Farming Simulator 22 will be released on November 22, 2021. The game will be released on all current platforms (PC/Mac, Google Stadia, Xbox X/S, Playstation 5, Xbox One, and Playstation 4) in various language versions. FS22 will be available digitally on the consoles' markets, and on Steam and Microsoft Store (PC). The game will also be released physically, including the Collectors Edition.
Farming Simulator 22: System requirements
Farming Simulator 22 has been newly optimized, so it will be able to work on weaker PCs and past generation consoles. However, you will need a Windows 10 in 64-bits version.
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bits, MacOS 10.14
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3330 or AMD FX-8320
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660, AMD Radeon R7 265 (min. 2 GB VRAM)
- Disk space: 35 GB (MacOS 70 GB)
Coming Soon Farming Simulator 22 Guide
This is upcoming Game Guide and Walkthrough for Farming Simulator 22 Video Game.
We are working on it now. We want to publish this Game Guide close to Farming Simulator 22 Release Date.
Farming Simulator 22 Video Game
- genre: Simulation
- developer: GIANTS Software
- publisher: GIANTS Software
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE, PS5, XSX