Would you like to make the game interface more legible and intuitive? This mod will allow you do that.
The DEF_Interface modification improves the way the inventory, trade, and crafting menus are displayed - new tabs effectively eliminate the mess and allow a player to maintain order. From now on keys, notes, and holotapes will have a separate space.
Additionally, the mod allows you to adjust the HUD to your preferences. The author has designed a special tool, with which you can move any bars, ammunition count, and any information displayed during the game.
Below, you will find a brief manual on how to use the tool:
- Open the game's Data folder - by default, you will find it after following the path Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data.
- Find the interface folder and open the file titled HUDMenuSet.exe.
- Now you can freely move any elements of the interface.
- Upon finishing the editing, press CTRL + S and save the file as DEF_HUD.xml in the DEF_CONF folder (it is located in the interface folder).
- It is ready. From now on, you will be able to see the changes in the game.
Also, the inventory menu can be modified - this time using the Settings.exe program. It is located in the same folder, as the aforementioned HUDMenuSet.exe.
This tool allows you to change the font, clock settings, and the displayed tabs. Upon finishing the editing save the file as DEF_INV.xml in the DEF_CONF folder.
This modification can be installed using Nexus Mod Manager. You should remember this mod will not work properly with other modifications altering the game's interface.