Vault 81 is one of the vaults that withstood the Great War and they still are functional. Outside, there is a small encampment, where merchants often arrive. To get into the vault, you need to enter the cave. Inhabitants of the vault are friendly. You can take several quests here, replenish your supplies and even, after some time, get your own room.
In Vault 81, you can receive several quests: Vault 81, Here Kitty, Kitty, Short Stories, Hole in the Wall and Dependencies.
After you complete Hole in the Wall you receive a very interesting weapon and your own room in the vault . from now on, you will be able to collect items from all around the vault (with the exception of rooms). Thanks to this, you can obtain many valuable items.
1. There is a console here, thanks to which you can open the vault entrance. This automatically starts quest Vault 81, which requires you to deliver 3 fusion cores to vault dwellers. Only after you complete this quest, will you be admitted inside.
2. The elevator takes you to the lower level of the vault. As soon as you leave the elevator, you will be accosted by a boy who offers you a tour around the vault, for a fee. If you have high level of Charisma, you can convince him to give you a free tour.
3. Here you meet Alexis, who is the local merchant. She sells the legendary sniper rifle, several sets of armors and lots of junk and ammo.
4. Dr. Penske's Lab. She researches into new species of fruits and vegetables. She can give you a miniquest, where she asks you to deliver fertilizers for 25 caps a piece.
5. The barber's room. Here, you find an issue of Taboo Tattoos. If you ask Horatio about local rumors, you can receive quest Here Kitty, Kitty. For 15 caps, you can also change your beard style.
6. In the mesa, you meet Maria, who can sell you some food.
7. In the classroom, you meet Katy, who can give you quest Short Stories, for the completion of which you will be rewarded with an issue of Grognak the Barbarian. By one of the desks, there sits Erin, who asks you to find her kitty, in quest Here Kitty, Kitty.
In the same place, at the lower floor, there is a lab with Dr. Forsyth inside. You can complete a short quest for him, where you need to give some of your blood to his research. With high Charisma you can demand a pay. To give blood, you simply need to sit on the chair. In the room, there also is Rachel, who can cure you, sell you some meds. In the lab, you also receive quest Hole in the Wall, connected with a sick boy.
8. Passage to the secret level in Vault 81. You can access it only after you accept quest Hole in the Wall. The level is a separate location. Among others, you find here a new companion and a bobblehead.
9. At first, the room is locked out. You can open is only from the inside, which happens during quest Hole in the Wall.
10. Your room. You receive it after you complete quest Hole in the Wall. You can find here one interesting item - a special cupboard for your bobbleheads.