How to unlock: find a flier with invitation to Jamaican Plain, or go there on your own (M9,1)
If you decide to go to Jamaican Plain on your own, you can still complete this quest and receive experience points, just without the appropriate entry in your journal. You can find the Flyer in many different locations, e.g.:
- Faneuil Hall in Central Boston, where there is a piece of paper lying on the table at the entrance. After you pick it up, the flier drops to the floor.
- After you find Hadrian's corpse, which appears randomly in the game world,
- After you loot Luke's corpse in the church in Jamaican Plain.
As soon as you reach the location, regardless of whether you have the flier on you or not, you will see a destroyed building at the end of the road, in the center of the town. A bit in front of it, there is a corpse, on which you find a key, thanks to which you can get into the basement (which is a mere formality, because the wall around the door is damaged).
Before you go down into the basement, go to the church eastwards of the building, where the "treasure" is. You can enter across the neighboring red house. At the church exit, on the bench, there is the corpse of Luke on which there is a flier and an ID.
Go to the basement of the building with the treasure. There, you notice laser tripwires (tell your companion to stand still or he will cross the tripwires), where there are powerful turrets at the end of the corridor. You have three options:
- Take the door on the left (master lock),
- Remove all of the sensors manually (this way, you obtain lots of materials),
- Use the ID that you have looted in the church, on the reader in front of the corridor, which disables the alarm
In the next room, you need to hack into an easy terminal, thanks to which you open the door to the "vault". Deactivating the defenses activates two robots at both sides of the entrance, which is why it is advisable that you deactivate them beforehand, or plant mines. After you press the last button, there opens a "vault" across the door. Just as a side note: inside the "vault", apart from the baseball bat there is nothing valuable and the name "Treasures" in the name of the quest is just a trick.
You can take the baseball bat to Diamond City to Moe Cronin, a merchant, who will reward you with caps (200-400)
Rewards for completing the quest: Experience points, unique baseball bat