How to unlock: Complete Mass Fusion in the Institute (M5,6).
- Talk to Father
- Reach Graygarden
- Talk to Minuteman contact
- Eliminate forces of the Institute - this objective activates only after you decide to help Minutemen and decide to resolve matters with force
- Talk to Enrico Thompson - this objective activates only if people at the Institute did not die
- Talk to Wallace - this objective activates only if people at the Institute did not die
Remain at the Institute and meet with Father to receive details on the new quest from this faction. After you end the conversation, set Graygarden as your destination. After you get there, ignore the farm managed by robots and head towards the nearby tenement. In front of the building, you meet either Minutemen or (if for any reason you still have had no contact with them) Gunners.
Solve the conflict at the farm
If you have encountered gunners, there only is one way out - you need to kill them out. If it's Minutemen, you can do a variety of things. Two main solutions to the problem are:
- Telling Minutemen to stop their actions. You can issue a regular order to them or use Charisma and pick one of special dialogue options, to convince them that it all is just a misunderstanding.
- Joining Minutemen and killing everybody connected with the Institute. You need to enter the building and murder them all. This action, of course, makes you the enemy of the Institute and you will no longer be able to work for them.
Meet with Enrico Thompson and Wallace
If you killed gunners, or if you convinced Minutemen to leave the farm, you can meet with Enrico Thompson inside the building. After you listen to the conversation, approach the door behind which there is scientist T.S. Wallace barricaded. You can convince him to cooperate with the Institute, even if you keep choosing "regular" dialogue options. You can also use your Charisma and calm him down, or intimidate him. Again, talk to Enrico who thanks you for your help.
Quest rewards: Experience points, a new quest at the Institute (Powering Up) - only if you helped the workers of the Institute.