Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Yamiyo Shrine Zelda Tears of the Kingdom guide, tips
Yamiyo Shrine is another place in Zelda TotK that will teach you the basics of combat. From our guide you will learn how to throw objects at enemies.
Last update: Tuesday, May 16, 2023
On this page of our Zelda Tears of the Kingdom guide you'll learn how to complete the tutorial quest in Yamiyo Shrine. You'll learn how to throw items at enemies and how to defeat the Zonai robot.
How to throw items?
To complete the trial you must learn how to throw items. This mechanic will come in handy to you later on.
- First, pick up the item (in this case, the Fire Fruit in the arena).
- Now hold R and Up on the D-pad. This opens a menu, from which you can choose an item. This time choose a Fire Fruit.
How to complete the Yamiyo Shrine quest?
Related map marker: Shrine #2 Yamiyo - Lookout Landing @ Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Interactive Map
- Aim and throw the fruit at the robot to set it on fire. Hitting it will be easier if you come closer. Watch out for the arrows it fires at you.
- Now, repeat what you've done and hit it with a second Fire Fruit. Once it's down, climb the ladder and pick up the dropped loot.
- Go to the end of the corridor and open the chest.
How to open the chest?
The chest will become available after defeating the Zonai robot. Walk up to it and open it to find three Bomb Flowers.