This page of the guide contains a walkthrough of the side quest A New Look, which tasks you with finding materials to repair the Mobile Suit. We explain where to find the required materials and who to hand them over to.
Quest time limit: 14 days
Reward: 1350 EXP, Reputation 20, Relationship: Qi 10
Starting the quest
You must meet several conditions to start this quest:
- Complete the In Trusses We Trust main quest.
- Watch the opening ceremony of the new bridge, which takes place the day after you complete the In Trusses We Trust quest.
- Have at least 50 Qi Relationship Points. You can find information on how to get points on the Relationship and interactions page.
After meeting all the requirements head to Construction Junction. It's a stall right by the City Hall. The conversation between Qi and Heidi will let you know the Mobile Suit has been damaged. The scientist will ask you to collect materials to repair the suit.
To complete the quest you must collect a certain amount of materials and hand them over to Qi. You don't need to build anything this time. You need:
- Steel Bars x10 - can be smelted in the Civil Furnace by using 30x iron Ore, 10x Graphite and 10x Dinas. There is an easier way to obtain Steel Bars though, which is to process Iron Scrap in the Civil Recycler.
- Copper Wire x10 - can be processed in the Grinder using 10x Copper Bars (can be smelted in the Furnace).
- Microchip x2 - can be found at any level of the Gecko Station Ruins. You may have some of these already from your previous trips, as you probably didn't have the opportunity to use them yet. We've marked the location of the Gecko Station Ruins in the picture above.
Talk to Qi
After collecting the necessary materials go talk to Qi. The quest marker will show you where he is, though you'll most likely find him in the Research Center by the Museum. After talking to the scientist, the quest will be completed.