This page contains a walkthrough of the In Trusses we Trust main quest, whose objective is to construct trusses for a new bridge. We explain how to build the Trusses and the Civil Recycler, as well as where to get the necessary materials.
Quest time limit: none
Reward: 800 EXP, 2000 Gols, 40 Reputation, Froggy Explorer Vest
In Trusses we Trust is the first in a series of bridge-building quest. The task will be over after completing the following main quests: Paradise Lost and Found, Qi's Gungnam Opus, The Inspector and Mint Condition. This means that you will receive the In Trusses we Trust quest rewards at a later time and only then will the task disappear from the journal.
- Starting the quest
- Preparing for the quest
- How to upgrade the Recycler to the Civil Recycler?
- How to build the Trusses?
- Talk to Heidi
- Wait for the Bridge Completion
Starting the quest
The quest is available the day after completing the Belly of the Beast main quest. To initiate it, read the letter from Heidi. You'll find it in your mailbox.
Matilda will ask you to appear at 6pm at Martle's Square. You'll find it right in front of the City Hall. During the meeting, you will discuss the next steps with the residents.
The next day Heidi will show up at your door with a handful of ideas on how to fix the bridge. He will give you the diagram for the Trusses you need to build. From this point on, the quest will officially appear in your quest log.
Throughout the next few days, until you complete the first phase of the quest, residents will leave containing materials, food, and other items near your workshop. Remember to collect them.
Preparing for the quest
This quest can take a while to finish if you don't prepare for it well enough, so it's a good idea to get the necessary materials and build a Civil Recycler ahead of time. Here's how to make the task go smoothly:
- Obtain the Civil Recycler diagram - it's available from Qi at the Research Center for 16 Data Discs. You have to wait 4 days for the diagram to arrive.
- Collect a total of 234 Copper Ore and 116 Tin Ore - you'll find them by digging through the ground in the Eufaula Salvage Abandoned Ruins southeast of your workshop.
- Produce a total of 52 Bronze Bars and 20 Copper Bars - these can be crafted in the Furnace.
Additionally, head to the Eufaula Salvage Yard, the junkyard in front of the elevator leading to the Abandoned Ruins. There you will find the Ruined Bus Frame, which you can take apart with a Pickhammer. This will net you Iron Scrap, which you can later convert into Iron Bars in the Recycler. You will be able to complete the truss construction much more quickly if you prepare in this way.
Remember that the task requires building 2 Trusses. The numbers listed above are for the materials needed to create both structures, as well as to upgrade the Recycler to the Civil Recycler. If you already have some of the materials in stock, then you won't have to produce as many.
How to upgrade the Recycler to the Civil Recycler?
Once you have received the Civil Recycler diagram (you'll find it in your mailbox), you can then upgrade the basic version of the machine. To do this, you'll need:
- Bronze Frame x2 - can be crafted with the Intermediate Worktable using 10 Bronze Bars and 8 Bronze Rivets in total (these can be crafted with the Grinder for 4 more Bronze Bars).
- Bloodstone Saws x1 - can be crafted with the Intermediate Worktable using 3 Bloodstones in total (obtainable by smashing nearby Hard Rocks) and 2 Rubber (can be processed with Rubber Scrap in the Recycler).
- Bronze Bars x6.
- Bearing x2 - obtainable by processing Mechanical Scraps in the Recycler.
After collecting all the materials, go to the Recycler upgrade tab and confirm your choice.
How to build the Trusses?
With the Civil Recycler at the ready, you can proceed to build the Trusses. Remember that you have to build them one at a time, so after you finish the first truss, immediately start constructing the second one.
Approach the Assemby Station and select the Truss diagram. To build both trusses, you'll need:
- Bronze Frame x6 - can be crafted with the Intermediate Worktable using 30 Bronze Bars and 24 Bronze Rivets in total.
- Steel Bar x16 - currently obtainable by processing Iron Scrap in the Recycler. Later in the game you'll be able to craft Steel Bars.
- Copper Screw x40 - can be crafted with the Grinder using 20 Copper Bars in total.
After building the Trusses, store them in your inventory.
Talk to Heidi
It's time to report back to Heidi on the progress you've made. You'll find her on the west side of the city at the construction site. Residents are working their fingers to the bone trying to reconstruct the bridge.
Wait for the Bridge Completion
As we mentioned at the beginning, the task won't be completed in the typical manner. Now you'll need to wait until the next day to receive a brand new main quest.