This page contains basic information about the uses of water in the game and how to obtain it. You will also learn what a Dew Collector is and how to build one.
Uses of water
The game doesn't have pure survival elements, so you don't need to drink water. However, it serves several important functions:
- Machine cooling - all equipment for manufacturing and processing materials needs water for cooling. If the Water Tank in your workshop area is empty, the machines will stop working.
- Growing plants - after planting the seeds, be sure to water them. Without it, they won't grow and thus you won't be able to harvest them.
- Gifts - water makes for a great gift to garner the favor of the residents of Sandrock.
How to build a Dew Collector?
The Dew Collector automatically collects Dew, the material needed to make water. To build the machine, you need:
- The Dew Collector diagram - Qi at the Research Center can research it for 8 Data Discs. It will take 3 days to research the diagram.
- Wooden Stick x3 - can be crafted with the Worktable with 9 Wood in total, which can be obtained by cutting down the nearby bushes or Deadwood.
- Basic Leather x3 - can be crafted with the Worktable with 9 Raw Animal Skins (which can be crafted at the Worktable with Damaged Animal Pelt) and 3 Sea Salts in total (which can be purchased at the Blue Moon To-Go and the By The Stairs store for 8 Gols per item). Basic Leather can also be purchased at the Tailor Made store for 32 Gols.
- Marble Brick x2 - can be crafted with the Furnace for a total of 8 Marble, which can be obtained by breaking Hard Rocks and Monument remnants. To craft a Marble Brick, you'll need a blueprint, which can be purchased for 70 Gols from the Commerce Guild Store.
- Stone Trough x2 - can be crafted with the Worktable with 12 Stones in total, which can be obtained by breaking stones, such as Gravel and Hard Rocks.
Once you have obtained the blueprints and materials, approach the Assemby Station, select the Dew Collector diagram and build the structure. After placing it in the location of your choice, the machine will automatically produce Dew from time to time.
How to make water?
Water can be crafted at the Worktable using Dew. You'll need 10 Dew to create one unit of water. If you purchase the Water Conservation Knowledge skill at level two, you'll only need 8 Dew to craft water. For this reason, it's a good idea to spend Knowledge Points on it.
Where to buy water?
There is only one place where you can buy water in Sandrock. This is the Water World store right next to Martle's Oasis. It's worth remembering that water can only be purchased in special packages. The basic prices are as follows:
- 10 units for 50 Gols.
- 25 units for 200 Gols.
- 250 units for 400 Gols.
Because importing water to Sandrock is difficult, some in-game events may affect its price. It's always a good idea to stock up on it, as sometimes the cost can increase by up to half.