This page contains a walkthrough of the Picking Up the Slack main quest. You will find out which materials are required to construct a Crane Lift, how to obtain the required parts, and learn how to burn bricks using the Furnace.
- How to build a Furnace?
- How to get Bricks?
- How to get Wooden Sticks?
- How to get Thick Rope?
- How to get Copper Sticks?
- How to get Bearings?
- Where to put the Crane Lift?
How to build a Furnace?
Take the time to build a Furnace first. The Furnace will let you craft the Bricks required to build the Crane Lift. Approach the Assembly Station and select the Furnace blueprint to begin construction.
To build the Furnace you need:
- Stone Trough x2 - can be crafted at the Worktable. You need 6 Stones to craft 1 Stone Trough. You can find them by searching nearby Metal Scrap and using the Pickhammer on small rocks. You need 12 Stones in total.
- Wooden Stick x2 - can be crafted at the Worktable. You need 6 Wood to craft 1 Wooden Stick. You can find them by cutting down nearby bushes or by processing Wood Scraps in the Recycler machine. In both cases, there is a random chance that you will receive a Wooden Stick. It's worth crafting 7 pieces of this material, as you will soon use up the surplus.
- Quartz x4 - you'll find by digging through Gravel. There are quite a few of these types of stones around the workshop, which you can break with the Pickaxe.
Once you have gathered all the materials, use them on the project in the Assembly Station and set up the Furnace in the workshop area. From now on you can make Bricks.
How to get Bricks?
You will need 8 Bricks to complete the Crane Lift. At this stage, you can acquire them in two ways:
- Craft in the Furnace - to burn 1 Brick, you need 4 Stones. You can find them by destroying the Gravel near the workshop. You need a total of 24 Stones.
- Process Stone Scraps in the Recycler machine - note that the chance of getting Bricks with this method is random.
How to get Wooden Sticks?
The Crane Lift requires 5 Wooden Sticks. You can obtain sticks using the method described above, just like when building the Furnace, i.e. by crafting them at the Worktable or converting Wood Scrap in the Recycler.
How to get Thick Rope?
6 Thick Ropes will also be required. Below you will find a list of items necessary to craft Thick Rope.
- Thick Rope blueprint - this can be purchased from the Commerce Guild for 18 Gols.
- 4x Plant Fiber - can be obtained from nearby bushes after either cutting down or collecting various plants near the workshop. You need a total of 24 Plant Fibers.
The last step is to interact with the Worktable and craft 6 Thick Ropes.
How to get Copper Sticks?
Currently, the only way to get Copper Sticks is to convert Copper Scraps in the Recycler machine. Copper Scraps can be found in the Eufaula Salvage Yard (at the location indicated by the quest marker on the map) by digging through Mixed Junk Piles and Copper Scrap Piles.
Remember to collect as many Copper Scraps as possible, as getting a Copper Stick is random and there is no guarantee that you will get one every time.
How to get Bearings?
The last item needed to build a Crane Lift are Bearings. To obtain them, you need to convert the Mechanical Scraps in the Recycler machine. Mechanical Scraps, like Copper Scraps, can be found in the Mixed Junk Piles at the Eufaula Salvage Yard. Unfortunately, the chance to obtain Bearings is random and you may need to process a lot of Mechanical Scraps before you acquire the required 4.
Where to put the Crane Lift?
Use all materials on the Crane Lift project at the Assembly Station and finish construction. Take the finished construction to the Eufaula Salvage Yard area (the location is indicated by the quest marker on the map) and place it where the question marker is. Afterwards, a cut-scene will play and the quest will come to an end.
Reward: 300 EXP, 20 Reputation, 600 Gols, Relationship: Rocky and Mi-An 10