A bit of spatula, some paint, and it'll be as good as new! My Summer Car Game Guide will lead you through the tedious process of building your car from a scratch (and from a first single screw). We also provide tips on how to survive in the vast areas of the Finnish province in the 1990s - without a GPS and no cell phone.
Summer, old wrecked car in the garage, empty house, a box full of beer, repair tools... and you! I guess only in Finland parents plan such type of holidays for their kids. They left for a trip alone and will be back when they get tired. In the meantime, you're going to assemble your dad's old car. Only the fridge is almost empty, and there's a lack of parts in the garage. The unofficial guide to My Summer Car contains basic information on how to survive in this survival-oriented game world. Here you will find tips on how to maintain attributes of your character so that you won't die from hunger or some other shock, as well as tips on how to use the vehicles available in the game.
The main part of our guide is a manual on how to rebuild a Satsuma car - you may find its main car body and some old parts in your garage. In addition, you will learn about useful places in the game world and interactions with NPCs. We explain what to do in order to survive, how to find the first temporary car to drive to the store, and what actions the hero can perform to earn money.
My Summer Car is still in Early Access and is constantly changing with each update. We make every effort to ensure that the information contained in the guide is as up to date as possible. The current contents of our guide concern the update from May 9, 2019.
DariusH "DM" Matusiak (www.gamepressure.com)
Under the envelope of a humorous game about building a car, My Summer Car is actually an extremely demanding survival simulator. Here are some tips that will allow you to survive a little longer when you first play the game:
- If you're not interested in permadeath, check this box off, when you start the game on the screen with driver's license (permanent death - OFF);
- Buy stock and the missing parts in the store before you start building the car;
- To go the parents' bedroom to get a packed gift, and inside an envelope with extra money;
- To quench your thirst at home, drink tap water; just lean over the unscrewed tap or squat under the tap in the shower stall;
- The state of the game can be saved in the toilets, each save moves the game time by 2 hours;
- If you want to get tired quickly to sleep all night, run forward to the wall or watch TV at night on the couch;
- The level of stress you can reduce quickly using the sauna, entering the cloud of steam or being on the island;
- Don't keep the attribute bars in red for too long - you may die from too much stress, hunger, thirst, or a full bladder;
- The ability to go through textures and objects (q key) can sometimes be very helpful;
- Driving at higher gears reduces fuel consumption;
- Eating sausage causes the smallest thirst;
- Watch the current time in the game world - don't go to the store after lunch because it will be closed when you get there;
Main Key Binds
In the following table, you will find the most useful key binds in My Summer Car. The full list of keys can be found in the section "Controls."
Move character or drive a car
Driving/ walking mode
Tool usage mode
My Summer Car does not impress with its graphic design, but it does not mean that it will run smoothly on absolutely any hardware. The following specs are the minimum system requirements. Full information about graphics options and recommended configuration can be found in the System Requirements section.
Minimum system requirements:
- Intel Dual Core 3 GHz processor;
- 4 GB RAM;
- 1GB GeForce GTX 650 Ti graphics card or better;
- 1 GB of free HDD space;
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
About My Summer Car Guide
Author : Dariusz "DM" Matusiak for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : August 12, 2019
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
My Summer Car Video Game
- genre: Simulation
- developer: Amistech Games
- publisher: Amistech Games
- platform: PC