This page of the guide contains a description of the fight with the Berserker Soul of Skjothendi the Unerring - one of the stronger optional bosses of God of War Ragnarok. You'll learn where Skjothendi's gravestone in Niflheim is and how to get to it, as well as how to behave during combat and how to react to yellow and red boss attacks.
Location of fighting Skjothendi
You can fight Skjothendi only after completing the main storyline. The Berserker Gravestone is in the Mist Fields region in Niflheim, and initially Kratos cannot get there (Atreus can't activate the gravestone).
After reaching the endgame, open the fast travel points menu. Use the new mechanic of unlocking undiscovered Mystic Gateways. Just choose the one from the Mist Fields.
The Berserker Gravestone is to the west of the Mystic Gateway.
Boss fight with the beserker
All Berserkers are fought in small enclosed arenas. Avoid standing near the edges of the arena, as the camera can make it difficult for you to follow the boss.
It is a good idea to attack Skjothendi as soon as he appears in the arena, so he will already lose some health at the start. During the fight:
- use Kratos' runic attacks - optimally you should use all six (2 attacks for each weapon);
- use Spartan Rage (depending on the type you choose, activate it immediately or, for example, only after taking more damage);
- ask companion for help - they can use regular or stronger attacks (hold down the button);
- stay on the move and dodge when you are not sure if you will block or parry a given attack;
- avoid losing a lot of health in the initial part of the fight - health may appear in the arena, but picking it up can be risky.
Skjothendi can inflict a negative bifrost status on Kratos. Try to avoid taking damage then, as the explosion can take away a large portion of your health bar.
Block Skjothendi's regular attacks (e.g. shock wave from the picture). As for yellow attacks, dodge or parry them (it's important to parry at the perfect moment).
The boss's red attacks are:
- hard landing - dodge at the last moment from the place where Skjothendi is about to hit the ground;
- releasing a series of projectiles while levitating(above image) - try to throw your weapon at the boss before Skjothendi completes the attack, as dodging the projectiles is quite difficult.
Once Skjothendi's health bar is depleted, there will be an opportunity to perform an execution on the boss - press R3.
Before you approach the sword fragment marked with the quest icon, collect all loot from the arena.