This page contains information on the main endings in Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire, that is those that can be unlocked after the meeting with Eothas in Ukaizo. Besides the basic ending variants, there are also numerous variants with small changes that depend on, e.g. which faction you chose or what were your decisions in the previous quests.
Go through the passage to Moi Gweath (M45,7) but remember to save the game before you do that. This allows you to watch your ending. A conversation with Eothas starts automatically. The picture above shows the most important part. These dialog options are tied to various main endings. Here are your main variants:
- Ask Eothas to take pity on the mortals. Convince Eothas to change his mind - this unlocks one of the good endings.
- Convince Eothas to choose one of the gods to become a leader. Convince Eothas that a war between gods will be disastrous (this unlocks one of the good endings).
- Convince Eothas to inspire the mortals. This unlocks one of the good endings.
- Ask Eothas to destroy everything. Eothas can agree to that - bad ending. Or he can ignore the Watcher's wish - good ending.
- Don't interfere with the process of destroying the Wheel. Watch one of the good endings.
- Tell Eothas that you want to fight with him. You won't participate in a "regular" fight. Irritate Eothas enough and he will kill your character in a blink of an eye - bad ending.
After choosing one of the "good" endings, you will also see summaries of how you have changed the world. You can learn about the following things:
- What happened to Ukaizo? The most important things here are which faction you chose to support in the final location and which faction was the most powerful at the end of the game.
- What happened to the factions? You learn about statuses of all leaders and what have happened to them after the ending.
- What happened to Port Maje?
- What happened to Neketaka?
- What happened to the Roparu?
- What happened to the Watershapers?
- What happened to the Children of the Dawnstars?
- What happened to the Ruanu?
- What happened to the Wahaki?
- Do ships still become missing in Splintered Reef?
- What happened to your companions? The game informs you about the fate of every party member (even those who didn't accompany you in the finale in Ukaizo).
- What happened to the Watcher?
A "bad" ending only informs you about events that have happened on Ukaizo right after completing The City Lost to Time quest.