Pillars Of Eternity 2 Guide and Walkthrough
Key points of Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire M43 - Pahowane
Important areas on the map
Exits from locations
Locked doors or chests
Important NPC's (quest givers, traders etc.)
New potential team members
Dangerous enemies (bosses, elite monsters etc.)
Starting area. You begin the exploration of the dungeon here.
Shrine to Ngati. You will encounter a group of monsters here including a crystaleater spider, xaurips and grubs. There's a passage to Xaurip Hoard here (03). You can find a chest with a healing potion and a unique circlet.
Xaurip Hoard. There are two chests here and they contain weapons, crafting materials and a lever needed to open the blocked passage in (04). You'll also find a passageway leading to the Shrine to Ngati (02).
Blocked passage. You will find an empty slot here upon the first inspection. The only way to open the passage is to find a lever. It's in the Xaurip Hoard in (03).
Passageway connecting the underground and the main part of the dungeon.
Eoten's Lair. You will encounter various enemies here - Eotern, Xaurips and Grubs. There's also a Kuaru Trader her and he'll ask you to release him and to find his friend - he's in the cage (07). Make sure to check Eoten's corpse to find the key to the cell. Nearby chests contain various valuable items including a unique axe.
Cages. You will encounter a Xaurip here and find a locked cage with a Kuaru Trader. Eoten from (06) has the key to the cage.
Dungeon exit. The exit leads to the main map of the Neketaka island - you'll appear quite far away to the West from Neketaka so you'll have to travel on foot there. There are several Xaurips near the exit. You can exit the dungeon on your first chance or use the opportunity to fully explore it.
The map above depicts Pahowane available in Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire. These undergrounds can be accessed during Skipping Ahead quest which can be received from Flaune Elette in The Sacred Stair (M14). The location is full of Xaurips. Your goal is to find the exit to Neketaka.
Important places in Pahowane
2. Shrine to Ngati. You will encounter a group of monsters here including a Crystaleater Spider, Xaurips and Grubs. There's a passage to Xaurip Hoard here (M43,3). You can find a chest with a healing potion and Bone Setter's Torc amulet (allows you to heal afflictions, grants +10% bonus to healing and turns 5% of Hits into Critical Hits when you are using a weapon).
3. Xaurip Hoard. One of the chests contains a lever that allows you to open the blocked passage (M43,4). The hoard is guarded by one Xaurip. Besides that, you can also find a passage to Shrine to Ngati (M43,2).
4. Blocked passage. The upper part of the dungeon can be accessed here. You will find an empty slot. Find the missing lever to unlock the passage (the item can be found in the chest in Xaurip Hoard (M43,3)).
6. Eoten's Lair. You will encounter various enemies here - an Eoten, Xaurips and Grubs. There's also a Kuaru Trader here. He asks you to release him and to find his friend - he's in the cage (M43,7). Make sure to check Eoten's corpse to find the key to the cell.
Nearby chests contain various valuable items including Acolyte's Frostbite unique axe.
7. Cages. You will encounter a Xaurip and find a locked cage with a Kuaru Trader. The Eoten from (M43,6) has the key to the cell.
8. Dungeon exit. There are several Xaurips nearby. You can use the exit and head to Neketaka immediately but you will lose a chance to get the items from this location. The exit leads to the main map of the Neketaka island - you appear quite far away to the West from Neketaka which means that you will have to travel on foot.
Quests that can be continued in Pahowane
Skipping Ahead (start this quest in The Sacred Stair (M14)) - find the dungeon exit and go back to Neketaka.
Types of enemies and monsters in Pahowane
Crystaleater Spider - resistant to Dexterity afflictions.
Xaurip Plaguestriker - vulnerable to Freeze and resistant to Intellect afflictions.
Xaurip Grubmaster - vulnerable to Freeze and resistant to Intellect afflictions.
Xaurip Wildguard - vulnerable to Freeze and resistant to Intellect afflictions.
Grub companion - a regular enemy that isn't a threat.
Eoten - vulnerable to Dexterity afflictions, resistant to Perception and Might afflictions and invulnerable to being flanked.
Other information related to Pahowane
Saving Kuaru traders gives you no profits but it is a good pretext to search the entire location. You won't find any rare items in Pahowane. However, loot collected from fallen Xaurips is a good source of gold. You can leave the dungeon immediately after reaching the upper part - go through the exit (M43,8) located right next to the place where you start exploring the upper part of the dungeon.