Motare o Kozi Walkthrough and Map
Pillars Of Eternity 2 Guide and Walkthrough
Key points of Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire M41 - Motare o Kozi
Important areas on the map
Exits from locations
Locked doors or chests
Important NPC's (quest givers, traders etc.)
New potential team members
Dangerous enemies (bosses, elite monsters etc.)
Starting area. You begin exploring the map here.
Pwgra tree. You will have to defeat a Pwgra and a Corrupted tiger here. There's a stash hidden by the tree with a Ring of Minor Deflection and Obsidian shards.
Pwgra tree. You must defeat a Pwgra and a Jungle Lurker here. You can find a hidden stash by the three with an Exceptional Mace and Small Pearls. There's a soul nearby and you can read it to discover its memories.
Pwgra tree. You can interact with the tree - it will start a scripted interaction. You can destroy the tree (it will result in being attacked by Pgwras) or try to heal it (if you have a Druid in your team) which will trigger a conversation with a Delemgan. The secret stash contains a Rotward Amulet and Small Pearls.
The Rotted Lady's Tree. Approach the tree triggers a conversation with The Rotten Lady. If you'll show her the Spine of Thicket Green and follow that by using one of the unique dialogue options (Diplomacy 4 or Alchemy 4) then you can heal The Rotted Lady's Tree and avoid combat. You can also attack her straight away. You can find a Golden Outer Ring by the tree (it's needed to repair the Stone Disc in 07), as well as Nerian's protection spell.
Tiger Den. You will have to fight a group of Corrupted Tigers here. Check the pile of bones to find the Golden Inner Ring needed to repair the Stone Disc in 07. There's also a good quality pistol here.
Stone Disc. You will find a damaged stone disc here - repairing it is a vital part of "The Last Sanctuary" side quest. The inner part of the ring is in the tiger den (06) and the outer part of the ring is by The Rotted Lady's Tree (05). Next to the stone disc you'll also find a soul and you can read its memory.
Orphaned Cat. You will find a pet here named Lil' Babs - having the cat as an active pet grants +1 to Dexterity.
The map above depicts Motare o Kozi island available in Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire. This small location can be visited during The Last Sanctuary quest. This place is full of enemies. A stone disk can be found in the central part of the location - this item is connected to a certain puzzle.
Important places on Motare o Kozi
1. Starting area. Your exploration of the map starts here. Baltia is immediately to the right - she can join your crew if you save her from the vines (she is a Seasoned Cannoneer and her sailor level is 10).
2. Pwgra tree. You will have to defeat a Pwgra and a Corrupted Tiger here. Thanks to high Perception you should be able to locate a hidden stash near the tree. Inside, you can find a Ring of Minor Deflection (+2 Deflection) and Obsidian shards.
3. Pwgra tree. You must defeat a Pwgra and a Jungle Lurker here. Thanks to high Perception you should be able to locate a hidden stash with an Exceptional Mace and Small Pearls. There's a soul nearby - read it to discover its memories.
4. Pwgra tree. You can interact with the tree - this initiates a scripted interaction. You can destroy the tree (you will get attacked by Pwgras) or try to heal it (if you have a Druid in your team) - this triggers a conversation with a Delemgan. Thanks to high Perception you should be able to locate a hidden stash with Rotward Amulet (+50% resistance to Poison / Disease / Decay attacks) and Small Pearls.
5. The Rotted Lady's Tree. Approach the tree to trigger a conversation during which you can speak with The Rotten Lady. You can attack her straightaway - remember that nearby Pwgras and Delemganas will help her. You can also avoid combat by showing her the Spine of Thicket Green and then choose one of the two unique dialog lines - they require Diplomacy 4 or Alchemy 4. This starts a scripted interaction during which you can heal her tree - if you don't do that, you will have to participate in a battle.
Remember to search The Rotten Lady's tree (regardless of how you have acted) - inside, you can find a Golden Outer Ring necessary for repairing the stone disk, as well as Nerian's protection spell.
6. Tiger Den. You will have to fight a group of Corrupted Tigers here. Check the pile of bones to find the Golden Inner Ring necessary for repairing the Stone Disc. There's also a good quality pistol here.
7. Stone Disc. A damaged stone disc can be found here - repairing it is a vital part of The Last Sanctuary side quest. The two missing parts are in the Tiger den and near The Rotted Lady's Tree. Repair the disk to initiate a scripted interaction during which you have to solve a puzzle - your goal is to match the symbols with the text.
How to solve the stone disk puzzle? There are four symbols on the ring:
- Symbol of luminous adra
- Symbol of Ukaizo
- Symbol of koiki fruit
- Symbol of watershaping
Select a symbol and confirm your choice. After that the game will show you another text. You won't get a notification informing you that you are doing something wrong - this only happens after selecting all the symbols. As a punishment, the game will inflict an affliction on your character.
The right configuration looks like this:
- The first text - the symbol of koiki fruit
- The second text - the symbol of luminous adra
- The third text - the symbol of watershaping
- The fourth text - the symbol of Ukaizo
After that you will receive Huana map. This allows you to continue The Last Sanctuary quest.
Quests that can be continued in Motare o Kozi
The Last Sanctuary - search Motare o Kozi ruins. The main part of the mission is tied to the stone disk that can be found in the center of the location.
Important NPCs in Motare o Kozi
Baltia - rescue her from the vines to add the woman to your ship's crew (she is a Seasoned Cannoneer and her sailor level is 10).
Types of enemies and monsters in Motare o Kozi
Pwgra - invulnerable to Dexterity afflictions.
Jungle Lurker - resistant to Resolve afflictions and invulnerable to Intellect afflictions.
Corrupted Tiger - this enemy isn't a challenge and it doesn't have any abilities or resistances that are worth mentioning.
The Rotten Lady - a rather formidable enemy, resistant to Constitution afflictions and invulnerable to Intellect afflictions (you won't have to fight with her if you speak with this character in the right way).
Delemgan - an upgraded version of a Pwgra, invulnerable to Dexterity afflictions (a Delemgan is friendly until you attack The Rotten Lady).
Assassin Vine - invulnerable to Resolve and Intellect afflictions.
Other information related to Motare o Kozi
Captain Pai can start chasing your ship after receiving Huana map from the stone disk (part of The Last Sanctuary quest). You can escape him. If you get caught, you can solve the conflict in a few ways:
- Try to hide the map and lie that you didn't found anything (requires Sleight of Hands 5).
- Scare Captain Pai - requires Intimidation 5 and Sleight of Hands 4.
- Hand over the map - Prince Aruihi won't punish you for that. You still receive your reward for this quest.
- Attack - focus on mages and then eliminate the captain.