Cooperation with Huana is one of the methods of reaching Ukaizo, as part of The Coming Storm quest in Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire game. Deciding to side with this faction will prevent you from completing the last quests for the remaining three factions. What is more, The Watcher can become an enemy of the remaining factions and you might even lose Mai, who can permanently leave the team.
Initial quests of Huana faction
Before you can unlock the last two quests for Huana and "get involved" with this faction, you need complete previous quests of it as well. The following quests need to be taken care of:
- Trade Secrets - the walkthrough of this quest can be found in Side quests on Neketaka Island chapter of this guide.
- The Shadow Under Neketaka - the walkthrough of this quest can be found in The Shadow Under Neketaka - side quest chapter of this guide.
- Fruitful Alliance - the walkthrough of this quest can be found in Side quests on Neketaka Island chapter of this guide.
- The Last Sanctuary - the walkthrough of this quest can be found in The Last Sanctuary - side quest chapter of this guide.
Note - for the sake of unlocking the final quests of the Huana faction, you do not need to complete the tasks from the Bounty group. Those are entirely optional.
Final quest - Taking Out the Traders
If you have completed the above mentioned quests and started The Coming Storm main quest, you can meet with Queen Onekaza II on the roof of Kahanga Palace, in Serpent's Crown, in Neketace (M25,8). You must start this meeting by expressing the willingness to cooperate closely with the Huana faction in reaching Ukaizo (you can also side with another faction, but you will cancel the described event this way). You will learn from the queen about the capture of a Vailian agent and the desire to finish his mission of putting a bomb in the gunpowder magazine of the Royal Deadfire Flag Company. You will get the Timed Explosive from the queen.
Note - if Maia is travelling with the team, she will leave it even before receive details of the mission from the queen, as cooperating with Huana faction is against her views. You cannot prevent this from happening, even if you use one of the dialogue option, all there is left to do is to say your goodbyes.
Move to the Brass Citadel district and head towards the gunpowder magazine (M13,5). You can get inside by:
- Using the main door - you need to attack guards or convince them to let you in, the latter requiring Bluff 12.
- The upper doors (as shown in the above screenshot). Those are closed and you need to use highly developed Mechanics (with the optional addition of lockpicks). This is a better solution, as you will not run into anyone on the upper floor of the building.
During the infiltration of the gunpowder area you can, but you do not have to, use stealth. If you are detected, you will need to take part in a series of battles. Assuming you have good relations with the queen's company, you can try to talk yourself out of fights. If you, however, still want to avoid detection, move through the basement of the building slowly, observing the patrol routes of the guards and avoiding them whenever you have opportunity to do so.
Your goal is to reach the gunpowder basement, the stairs leading to which can be found in the eastern part of the building. Here you can again fight the enemies or try to sneak by them. Your goal is the Powder Stockpile shown in the above screenshot, located to the west of the starting area. You can interact with the container and place there the explosive you have just acquired from the queen.
Important note - once you place the explosive in the container, an "invisible" timer will start. You must retreat from the building before the gunpowder storage explodes - otherwise your entire team will die.
Head back to the starting location. A guard patrol should appear here and if you murdered people in the basement, an alarm will be sounded. You can initiate the encounter (but keep in mind that the bomb timer is still on) or head directly to the northern stairs, leading to the higher level of the area.
Once on the main floor of the building, you need to decide about the route. It is not worth to use the main exit of the building, as it can lead to more fights. Instead, reach the stairs leading to the higher level. Go there through the small room and leave the gunpowder area. A cut-scene will show the explosion of the building. Once the building is destroyed, the team will appear in a random street of the city.
If the visit in the palace ended in accordance to the Vailian Trade Company's plan, you can get back to Director Castol / Lueva Alvari to get your reward. You will receive 5,000 gold and you can discuss the details of the trip to Ukaizo.
Head back to Kahanga Palace. A new (this time an "official") meeting with Queen Onekaza II and other characters gathered in the room (Hazanui Karu among them) will initiate. It can progress in several ways:
- Presentation of the events in benefit of Huana faction. For this variant you need to lie and accuse Andactio of the Vailian Trade Company for the sabotage in the gunpowder warehouse. All of the characters will believe in this version and Director Castol will be expelled to the Gardzieli. You can head back to the roof of the palace to meet with the queen and discuss further details about reaching Ukaizo.
- Leading to a confrontation in the palace. The encounter will begin if, at some point during the conversation, you will confess that you have participated in the attack on the armory. You can also pick if you want to take the entire blame on yourself or you want to accuse the queen of planning the sabotage. Depending on your choices, you might be forced to deal with the representatives of Royal Deadfire Flag Company and Huana faction (the queen will leave the room before the fight starts). With high probability you will not be able to continue this quest, as you will become an enemy of Huana faction.
- Lying about your part in the attack on the gunpowder warehouse. During the conversation you can tell that you have not been a witness of the explosion. This will block further cooperation with Huana faction, but will open an option to reconcile with the Vailan Trade Company (variant 4).
The game adds the location of Ukaizo to the world map. The location can be found in the south-eastern corner of the map, to the east of Ashen Maw - it can be seen in the above screenshot.
On your journey to Ukaizo, a number of paragraph scenes associated with meeting with the Huana factions' fleet and swimming through the storm might initiate:
- You might help Huana's ships in defeating enemy vessels (the possibility of taking part in sea battles, as well as those on board of the vessel) or leave your allies to their fate and continue your journey.
- You can run into a huge underwater creature. You can either ignore it or fire at it with the submarine cannons. The attack will be successful if you have a good enough gunner.
- The storm itself will not be a problem thanks to the help of the Huana faction, whose representatives will protect the vessel of the protagonist.
Once you have reached Ukaizo, you can take care of The City Lost in Time quest.