Cooperation with Vailian Trading Company is one of the methods of reaching Ukaizo, as part of The Coming Storm quest in Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire game. Deciding to side with this faction will prevent you from completing the last quests for the remaining three factions. What is more, The Watcher can become an enemy of the remaining factions and you might even lose Mai, who can permanently leave the team.
Initial quests of the Vailian Trading Company
Before you can unlock the last two quests for the Vailian Trading Company and "get involved" with this faction, you need complete previous quests of it as well. The following quests need to be taken care of:
- Terms of Trade - this quest is connected to The Storms of Poko Kohara. Check The Storms of Poko Kohara - side Quest chapter for more details.
- Of Like Minds - the description of the quest can be found in Side quests on Neketaka Island chapter of this guide.
- A Glimpse Beyond - the description of the quest can be found in Side quests on Neketaka Island chapter of this guide.
- Skipping Ahead - the description of the quest can be found in Skipping Ahead - side quest chapter of our guide.
Note - for the sake of unlocking the final quests of the Vailian Trading Company, you do not need to complete the tasks from the Bounty group. Those are entirely optional.
Final quest 1 - A Vote of No Confidence
After completing the Skipping Ahead quest, as well as the remaining ones from the above list, meet with Lueva Alvari in the Vailian Trading Company Headquarters, in Queen Bert district in Nekatace (M18,4). During the conversation you will learn that she plans on depriving Director Castol of his position. You must take part in an interrogation by the shareholders, which takes part in the Director's office (M18,7). You can move there immediately or only when you are ready. The event can have two main endings:
- Lueva Alvari will be accused of acting against the company. After the initial greetings, select the dialogue options that favor the director: the journey to Poko Kohara was a success or lie if it ended in a failure; animation experiments are promising - you can help yourself with the Bluff 6 / Insight 6 / History 6 dialogue option; orders for taking over veins of adra were carried out; like that Castol did not take part in slave trade - help yourself with the test of Resolve; Director Castol does his job well. Director Castol will keep his position and Lueva Alvari will be expelled from the Vailian Trading Company.
- Director Castol will be removed from his position. After the initial greetings, select dialogue options that put the Director in bad light: the journey to Poko Kohara was a failure or lie if it was successful; animation experiments are dangerous; order for taking over veins of adra were not carried out; Castol takes part in illegal slave trade; Director Castol should be fired. Lueva Alvari will become a new director and Castol will be expelled from the Vailian Trading Company. Additionally, you will receive 2,000 gold from Lueva.
In both cases you will unlock a new final quest, Sabotage at the Brass Citadel.
If Maia is travelling with the team, she will decide to leave the team, regardless of your choices, as allying with the Vailian Trading Company is against her views. You cannot prevent this from happening, but you can say goodbye to her in one of several ways.
Final quest 2- Sabotage at the Brass Citadel
You will receive this Quest from Director Castol or Lueva Alvari (if she became the new director). The plan here is to infiltrate and place an explosive in the Royal Deadfire Company gunpowder area. Head back to The Sacred Stair and enter the Spire of the Soul-Seers (M14,4). Head to the roof and meet with Flaune Elette again. You will receive a Timed Explosive from her. Express your readiness in taking part in the next experiment. The team will be moved to the gunpowder area of The Brass Citadel.
During the infiltration of the gunpowder area you can, but you do not have to, use stealth. If you are detected, you will need to take part in a series of battles. If you, however, still want to avoid detection, move through the basement of the building slowly, observing the patrol routes of the guards and avoiding them whenever you have opportunity to do so. Your goal is the Powder Stockpile shown in the above screenshot, located to the west of the starting area. You can interact with the container and place there the explosive you have just acquired from Elette.
Important note - once you place the explosive in the container, an "invisible" timer will start. You must retreat from the building before the gunpowder storage explodes - otherwise your entire team will die.
Head back to the starting location. A guard patrol should appear here and if you murdered people in the basement, an alarm will be sounded. You can initiate the encounter (but keep in mind that the bomb timer is still on) or head directly to the northern stairs, leading to the higher level of the area.
On the main level of the gunpowder area you can be stopped by the guards and leave the building (the encounter will initiate outside) or attack them. It is not worth to use the main exit of the building. Instead, reach the stairs leading to the higher level. Go there through the small room and leave the gunpowder area. A cut-scene will show the explosion of the building. Once the building is destroyed, the team will appear in a random street of the city.
Head back to the Vailian Trade Company Headquarters. Once inside, Olesca Sarasco will stop you and you will learn about the meeting with the queen. Now head to the Kahanga Palace. Meeting with Queen Onekaza II and other characters gathered in the room (Hazanui Karu among them) can progress in several ways:
- Presentation of the events in benefit of the Vailian Trade Company. For this variant you need to lie at the beginning of the conversation that you have not witnessed the explosion in the gunpowder warehouse. The queen will be forced to accept this, but secretly will not believe you. The most important fact is that you can continue with the mission.
- Leading to a confrontation in the palace. The encounter will begin if, at some point during the conversation, you will confess that you have participated in the attack on the armory. You will need to deal with the representatives of the Royal Deadfire Company Flag, as well as Huan's (the queen will leave the throne room before the fight). Once the fights are over and you retreat from the palace, you can still meet with Director Castol / Lueva Alvari.
- Accusation of the Vailian Trade Company for the attack on the gunpowder warehouse. This is an unusual solution, because you can gain favor of the Huan's faction, as the destruction of the warehouse is beneficial to them as well. You need to lie and accuse Andacio of the Vailian Trade Company for the sabotage in the gunpowder warehouse. This solution blocks further cooperation with Vailian Trade Company, BUT you will automatically become an ally of Huan's faction and you will complete their final quest. Taking out the Traders. You can meet with the queen and head to Ukaizo, together with her faction (more details on page with description of variant 5).
If the visit to the palace ended in accordance to the Vailian Trade Company's plan, you can get back to Director Castol / Lueva Alvari to get your reward. You will receive 5,000 gold and you can discuss the details of the trip to Ukaizo.
The game adds the location of Ukaizo to the world map. The location can be found in the south-eastern corner of the map, to the east of Ashen Maw - it can be seen in the above screenshot.
On your journey to Ukaizo, a number of paragraph scenes associated with meeting with the Vailian Trade Company fleet and swimming through the storm might initiate:
- You might help Vailian Trade Company's ships in defeating enemy vessels (the possibility of taking part in sea battles, as well as those on board of the vessel) or leave your allies to their fate and continue your journey.
- You can run into a huge underwater creature. You can either ignore it or fire at it with the submarine cannons. The attack will be successful if you have a good enough gunner.
- The storm itself will not be a problem thanks to the help of the animants who will open the portal and will secure a safe passage for the protagonist's vessel.
Once you have reached Ukaizo, you can take care of The City Lost in Time quest.