Establishing cooperation with the Principi (pirates) faction is one of the methods to reach Ukaizo, as part of The Coming Storm quest in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Selecting this faction means that you will not be able to complete the last quests for any of the three remaining groups. What is more, The Watcher will automatically become an enemy to other factions.
- Initial quests of the Principi faction
- Final quest 1 - Honor Among Thieves
- Final quest 2 - A Dance with Death
- Reaching Ukaizo
Initial quests of the Principi faction
Before you can unlock the last two Principi quests and permanently "get involved" with this faction, it is necessary to first deal with other tasks related to this group. The following quests need to be completed:
- Blow the Man Down - the description of the quest can be found in the Blow the Man Down - side quest in our guide.
- Goods and Services - its description can be found in Side quests on Neketaka Island of our guide.
- Symbols of Death - its description can be found in the Side quests on Crockspur Island chapter of this guide.
- A Shrewd Proposition - its description can be found in A Shrew Proposition - side quest chapter of our guide.
Note - for the sake of unlocking the final quests of the Principi, you do not need to complete the tasks from the Bounty group. Those are entirely optional.
Final quest 1 - Honor Among Thieves
If you have completed the above mentioned quests and started The Coming Storm main mission, you should receive a message from Captain Furrante with a request for a meeting. Head back to Balefire Beacon in Dunnage (M36,10). Once there, you will attend a meeting with the Principi faction leaders. You can agree to the plan to interrogate Captain Aeldys or attack Furrante and other people in the room immediately (in the case of the latter, get ready for a tough battle).
The purpose of the interrogation is to extract information from Aeldys on how to "summon" the ghost ship - the Floating Hangman. Head to the Bale Tower (M36,12) and, once you are stopped by a guard, either use Intimidation 10 or tell him that Furrante sent you. The conversation with Captain Aeldys is quite straightforward. If you want to remain loyal to Captain Furrante, you can listen to her demands.
Return to Captain Furrante. You can:
- Listen to Aeldys' plea and convey her request. You need to convince Furrante with the help of Survival 7 or Diplomacy 7. In return for the information on the Floating Hangman, Aeldys will be released and sent into exile.
- Convince Furrante to have mercy on Aeldys. In that case you need to select special dialogue options for Intellect 16 or Insight 12.
- Suggest Furrante to kill Aeldys and extract information from her soul. The woman will be then hanged and reading her soul (by clicking on the gallows) will allow you to learn the words of the oath.
If you helped Furrante, you will receive a reward from him - a unique Fleetbreaker crossbow. A Dance with Death quest will start.
A completely different method to complete the quest is to ally with Captain Aeldys. In this case, the most obvious solution is to release her after reaching the Bale Tower (M36,12). You would have to deal with the pirates on the roof (Aeldys will not help you in battles) and then with Captain Furrante and other characters from the Balefire Beacon (M36,10).
There is also another, smarter approach to this problem. Check Furrante's Study (M36,11) and notice the chest shown in the above screenshot. It is protected by a level 13 lock - use Mechanics 13, lockpicks or steal the key from Furrante. Take A Letter from Director Castol and immediately read it. Head back to Captain Furrante, initiate a conversation and accuse him of cooperation with the Vailian Trading Company in the slave trade. Present the letter you have recently found to the pirates gathered in the room. Furrante will be hanged, Captain Aeldys will be automatically released and you will now cooperate with her.
You will receive a reward from Aeldys - a unique Scordeo's Edge saber. A Dance with Death quest will start.
Note - if you eliminated Furrante, examine the room he was in before he died. There is a unique Furrante's Breastplate to collect there.
Final quest 2 - A Dance with Death
This quest will be unlocked regardless of whether you have helped Captain Furrante or Captain Aeldys. Leave Dunnage and, once you find yourself in the open waters, choose the option to move to the hero's ship. Save the game now, as soon it might be necessary to take part in a difficult battle.
Open the inventory, head to the quest items tab and look for the Engoliero do Espirs weapon, shown in the above screenshot. Click on it with the right mouse button and select Speak the Oath option. This will summon the ghost ship - the Floating Hangman.
After a short paragraph scene, a meeting with Lucia Rivan and her undead crew will initiate. This meeting can have two different endings:
- Convincing Lucia Rivan to hand over the ship. This is possible only if you pass a difficult skill test - Diplomacy 17, Metaphysics 15 or Bluff 16 (you can use potions and/or spells increasing those skills before you decide to summon the ship).
- Defeat Lucia Rivan and her undead crew. You need to win a difficult battle, which you should not start if your party members are not at least at 16-17th level of experience. The fight with the undead sailors is similar to the one with Risen. Start by eliminating enemies using magic. The enemies are invulnerable to poison and resistant to Resolve-related status effects. Aside from that, quickly take out the ancient fampyr, the enemy that is a serious threat to your team. Those foes use the strongest rogue skills (including powerful surprise attacks) and are immune to Intellect-based status effects.
Regardless of the selected option, you will add Forferrus Galleon to your fleet. You should also immediately transfer sailors and better cannons to it. Head back to Dunnage and meet with Captain Furrante or Captain Aeldys to discuss the details of the journey.
The game adds Ukaizo location to the world map. The location can be found in the north-eastern corner of the map, to the east of Ashem Maw - as shown in the above screenshot.
On your journey to Ukaizo, a number of paragraph scenes associated with meeting with the Principi fleet and swimming through the storm might initiate:
- You might help Principi ships in defeating enemy vessels (the possibility of taking part in sea battles, as well as those on board of the vessel) or leave your allies to their fate and continue your journey.
- You can run into a huge underwater creature. You can either ignore it or fire at it with the submarine cannons. The attack will be successful if you have a good enough gunner.
- The storm itself will not be a problem thanks to the ghost ship you have just acquired.
Once you have reached Ukaizo, you can take care of The City Lost in Time quest.