The following page describes The Last Sanctuary side quest in Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire. This mission is related to Huan's faction and you will receive it from Prince Aruihi in Kahanga Palace (M25) in Neketace. The goal of the quest is to explore the ruins of Motare o Kozi.
- Reaching Motare o Kozi
- Where to find the missing parts of the stone disk?
- How to solve the puzzle with the stone disc?
- Ending of the quest
Reaching Motare o Kozi
Motare o Kozi is located to the north-east of Neketaka (as shown in the first screenshot). Reach the island with a ship and enter the ruins.
Go straigh ahead. Soon you will be attacked by two enemies, but they should not be a threat to your party. Once they are dead, continue moving north.
Note - by going to the right from the main entrance of the location, you will find a person trapped by vines. If you free her, she will join your crew for free.
You will reach a stone disk, shown in the above screenshot. Once you activate it, you will learn that two pieces of it are missing - you need to find them.
Where to find the missing parts of the stone disk?
The first part can be found nearby, to the north of the stone disk. You will meet The Green Lady there, who will automatically initiate a conversation. There can be two outcomes of this dialogue:
- Peacefully, if you select one of the two unique options requiring Diplomacy 5 or Alchemy 4.
- Attack The Green Lady - in that case you must take care of her and nearby enemies that will come to her aid.
Regardless of your choice, outer gold ring is located in the drilled tree, just behind The Green Lady.
On the other hand, inner gold ring is located in the upper right corner of the location, in the tiger's lair. Defeat the tigers, collect the missing part and return to the stone disk.
How to solve the puzzle with the stone disc?
After acquiring the missing parts of the stone disk, you can start solving the puzzle. The puzzle is about turning the rings, to match the note to the appropriate symbol. There are four symbols on the circle:
- Symbol of luminous adra
- Symbol of Ukaizo
- Symbol of koiki fruit
- Symbol of watershaping
Four different notes will be presented to you - you need to match the symbols to them. After choosing the symbol you must accept the selection and you will see the next note. You will not be informed whether you are doing it correctly or not - this will happen after you have selected all of the symbols. A negative status will be imposed on the main character in the case of a wrong selection.
The correct configuration of symbols to notes is as follows:
- The first note - Symbol of koiki fruit
- The second note - Symbol of luminous adra
- The third note - Symbol of watershaping
- The fourth note - Symbol of Ukaizo
After completing the quest, you will receive Huan map .
Ending of the quest
Once you have acquired the map, you can return to Prince Aruihi in Kahanga Palace (M25) in Neketace. However, be on your guard - as soon as you leave the island, you will be attacked by Captain Pai's ship. You can retreat from the encounter, but if your party is caught, there are several outcomes:
- Try to hide the map and lie that you have not found anything (Sleight of Hand 5 ability is required for the task).
- Scare off Captain Pai - Intimidation 5 or Sleight of Hand 4 are required for the task.
- Give the map away - there will not be any consequences from Prince Aruihi and you will still receive your reward.
- Attack - focus on the mages first, then take down the captain.
Regardless of your choices, head back to Prince Aruihi - you will receive 1,250 gold and if you hand over the map you can negotiate another 250 gold.