Cooperating with Royal Deadfire Company is one of the ways of reaching Ukaizo during The Coming Storm available in Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire. Choosing this faction blocks you from final quests of any of the remaining groups. What is more, you become a enemy to Huana, and Tekehu can leave your party for good.
Royal Deadfire Company's starting quests
You need to complete the following quests before you enter alliance with Royal Deadfire Company and unlock their final quest. The quests you have to complete:
- The Brass Empire - Its description can be found on Remaining side quests in Neketaka in our guide.
- Dim Prospects - Tied with a bigger quest called The Storms of Poko Kohara. Check out The Storms of Poko Kohara) - side quest page in our guide.
- A Matter of Import - Its description can be found on Remaining side quests in Neketaka in our guide.
- Overgrowth - Its description can be found on Side quests on Sayuka Island in our guide.
- Clearing Out Crookspur - Its description can be found on Side quests on Sayuka Island in our guide.
Note - for the sake of unlocking the final quest of the Royal Deadfire Company Flag you do not have to complete quests from the Bounty group for this faction. Those are entirely optional.
The final quest - The Final Maneuver
If you have completed the quests listed above and started The Coming Storm main quest, you should receive a message from Hazanui Karu asking for a meeting. Go back to Imperial Command in The Brass Citadel located in Neketaka (M23,1). Hazanui Karu tells you why the Royal Deadfire Company is interested in Ukaizo. He also informs you about a plan to assassinate Queen Onekaza II. You have to agree to help him. Note - Quitting the conversation after making a vow to Royal Deadfire Company can lead to a fight which cancels this quest!
Leave the building. The game will now play a cut-scene showing the fights in Neketaka. This is the moment where Tekehu can leave your party (provided he is in your "active" party). You can't change his mind in any way! Later in the game, he will also give you Tekehu's Farewell letter.
Leave The Brass Citadel district and head to the Serpent's Crown (other districts are unattainable only during the fights).
Reach the entrance to the Kahanga Palace. Going in a straight line means that you will have to eliminate a large group of palace guards. Going around (along the western manors) lets you fight with less soldiers. Remember that you can use Stealth to avoid some of the confrontations. Watch out for Watershapers. Always remember to take them down first and don't let them cast any powerful spells (e.g. those that reduce Vitality or slow down health regeneration).
The upper entrance to the palace is the best choice. You have to reach the rooftop so head towards the northern stairs (M25,7). On your way you can have a few intense battles. Use narrow corridors and passages to block some of the enemies but be careful so you won't trap yourself.
Once on the rooftop, you can sneak up on Queen Onekaza II (M25,8) to get a chance to make a surprise attack. Besides the queen, you also have to kill more guards, a Watershaper (his spells can strengthen the Queen) and two powerful tigers (try to leave them for last).
On the Queen's corpse you can find, e.g. a unique Serpent Crown (+1 Intellect and Perception; +10 Accuracy; faster Recovery after receiving critical damage).
After Queen's death you have to leave the palace. You will meet with Atsura automatically. Go back to The Brass Citadel. In the docks (M13,7), you can watch a cut-scene from the meeting with Hazanui Karu. After that you should receive a Submarine. Move your crew from the currently used vessel to the Submarine.
The game will now add Ukaizo's location on your world map. This island can eb found in the north-east corner of the world map, east from the Ashen Maw - you can see that in the picture above.
On your way to Ukaizo you can participate in a few scripted interactions from the meeting with Royal Deadfire Company fleet and from the moment of going through the storm:
- You can help Royal Deadfire Company's ships in defeating enemies (chance to participate in naval battles and boarding) or you can ignore the allies and keep sailing.
- You can come across a huge sea creature - the game lets you either ignore the creature or shoot it with cannons. Your attack's success depends on your cannoneer's skills.
- The storm is not a threat thanks to the Submarine.
Reaching Ukaizo starts The City Lost in Time main quest.