This page contains our walkthrough for A Paradise of the Mind quest in Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire. This quest takes place on Splintered Reef (M44), the island of undead, located in the bottom right corner of the world map.
Note - this is a rather challenging quest. Your party should be at level 16 or higher.
- Starting the mission and the fight with Zulka
- Sea-Lashed Crypt
- Meeting Menzzago and completing the quest
Starting the mission and the fight with Zulka
The mission starts on Splintered Reef (M44) island - this location is divided into three districts. Your first objective is to go to The Pickled Eel inn. There, a character called Copperhead will talk to you. He says that something is off on the island - your task is to examine the local crypt.
He also warns you about Zulka - the woman soon enters the inn along with her companions. She attacks your party - focus on Zulka and then deal with the rest of the enemies. You should also know that all the guests of the inn will join the fight. This means that you have to fight with a dozen of enemies.
After that you have to go to Sea-Lashed Crypt district. You get attacked by Fampyrs, Guls and Skeletons - try to focus on Fampyrs. Marksmen are on the nearby ships - you should also pay attention to them during the fight. After the battle you have to reach the upper part of the ship and then proceed to the next location.
You are in a crypt. Go on the bridge - there, you will encounter a Revenant Ogre. Also, Armed will appear behind your back.
Follow the path until you reach the place with two bridges and a passage. The stone bridge leads to a locked gate which requires two vials of Fampyr blood - one can be acquired from the Quartermaster in the room that can be accessed by crossing the wooden bridge. The second vial can be acquired from Runemaster Kastor who can be found on the bottom part of the location.
-  - you need two Fampyr blood vials to open this gate (you can get these items from the two mini-bosses).
-  - this wooden bridge leads to the Quartermaster. You will also encounter other enemies - Fampyrs, Ogres and Skeletons.
-  - the biggest room in this location. The Runemaster can be found there. On the way (if your party has high Perception) you can find a secret room with a coffin, where you can find a unique sword called Voidwheel.
Quartermaster and Runemaster are both challenging enemies and are accompanied by multiple other foes. Try to focus on the mini-bosses. Leave the minor enemies for later or deal with them when they interrupt you too much. Examine the mini-bosses' bodies to collect vials of Fampyr blood.
With two vials you can cross the stone bridge. There are two stone statues near the gate - use the vials of Fampyr blood on both on them. This unlocks the passage.
Meeting Menzzago and completing the quest
Menzzago can be found atop - the conversation starts automatically. It doesn't matter whether you choose one of the unique dialog lines or not - the fight will always break out. Focus on Menzzago and then on his minions. Don't forget to loot his body - he carries a legendary scepter Amaliorra, a legendary armor Spider Silk Robe and Menzzago's Grimoire.
Besides that you can also examine the red orb nearby - this has impact on the quest's ending:
- Destroy it - Copperhead can join your crew. He also gives you a unique Copperhead's Helm (-20% Damage taken from spells, -8 Accuracy with spells). However, this decision means that every citizen on the island is dead.
- Don't destroy it - the citizens survive (although they are still under the spell). Copperhead won't join your crew but he gives you Corroded Bronze Horn Figurine (summons a Corrupted Adra Animat).
Decide what you want to do with the red orb. After that you have to go to Boathouse district (the exit to the world map can be found on the right side of the location with Menzzago). Copperhead will wait for you there. Depending on your choices you will get one of the ending variants described above.