This page contains descriptions of the side quests in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, which you can complete during your stay in Dunnage. It is worth taking care of all these quests, because you can gain a lot of experience, various rewards and improve your relationships with some factions (in particular with the Principi faction).
Tasks from the Bounty group
During your stay in Dunnage, you can receive unique types of tasks from the Bounty category. These are minor side missions that are characterized by the need of eliminating a single person or a group of people. For killing the indicated character, the team can be rewarded with gold or otherwise.
Below, there is a list of people who commission this type of mission. All tasks in group of Bounty appear in the hero's diary and those commissioned by the faction members may additionally help in improving relations with them. Each mission also has a marker informing about its level of difficulty. Stronger opponents (tasks marked with skulls) should be left for later, and meanwhile it's a good idea to perform other missions to develop your team.
- Udita stays in the district Lifter's Refuge (M36,2)
- Dessiral lives in the district of Radiant Court (M36,7) - exceptionally she immediately orders several tasks from this category and tasks concern the quest and murder of Firebrand crew members.
Symbols of Death
How to unlock: The task will start automatically after receiving the message from captain Furrante.
This is a short and simple task that will automatically appear in your journal after you've been promoted enough in the game. Concretely, this should be done soon after completing the quest. Countermeasures with a pirate in the Fort Deadlight (M34). You will receive a Letter of Fine Penmanship from captain Furrante with a request for a meeting (picture above). As part of the quest you received, you must reach Dunnage. Captain Furrante is in the location of Lighthouse Pile, on the island (M36,10). Talk to him and Selinia. By the way, you will unlock the new quest - A Shrewd Proposition.
Furrante would like to obtain information about Lucii Rivan and this is tantamount to the need to visit the Hanging Sepulchers in the Sacred Stair in Neketaka (M31). Information on how to get to the tombs and their exploration are on the page with the M31 map and on the page with the description of the Eulogy secondary side quest. Ultimately, you must reach Yseyr's tomb (M31,8) and have a conversation with Yaver Berathian (it doesn't have to end with the fight - defeating this strong monster is fully optional).
You can return to Captain Furrante and share your knowledge. The prize for this quest is the unique Right Captain's Belt.
How to unlock: Interview with Pietro in the Royal Coffin (M36,4).
Pietro stays at the King's Coffin inn (M36,4) and needs help in expelling the swallowed jewel from the body. Go to the Radiant Court district and talk about Rosanella with the Luminous Bar (M36,7). You'll receive from her a list of ingredients needed to prepare a mixture of Ondra's Bile:
- Rotten Hagfish - This component is in one of the crates in the district Lifter's Refuge (M36,2).
- Unripened Palm Stone - You can buy this ingredient for about 20 gold pieces at the Birna dealer (M36,6) or steal it from the box next to the trader.
- Fire Kelp Extract - You must ask for the ingredient of the innkeeper, Jacob Harker, from the Royal Casket (M36,3). Jacob will demand 250 gold for it.
- After getting all the ingredients, return to Pietro with them. As a reward for completing the quest, you will receive a valuable black pearl from him.
A Tidy Performance
How to unlock: Interview with Calandra in Radiant Court (M36,6).
You can find Calander in the location of the Pegleg Performers in the district of Radiant Court (M36,6) and you'll learn from her that she lacks two actors to organize the performance. You can offer her help in finding and recruiting actors:
- Barquami stays in the district of Lifter's Refuge (M36,2) and you can persuade him to take part in the performance without any complications.
- Taerna appears on the stage in the Royal Coffin (M36,3). During the conversation, you'll learn that he has a debt owed to Jacob Harker. You can give her 700 gold to settle it. Alternatively, you can talk to Jacob. After you give him 700 gold, Jacob will demand another 700 pieces. You can agree or (better idea) use Intimidation 8 / Diplomacy 10 to convince him to change his mind. If you don't have 700/1400 gold in your inventory, then, as suggested by Taerna, you can rob Jacob. Go to the Pleasure Room (M36,5). The locker in the above image has a level 12 lock. If you can open it and avoid being detected by the Ship's Boy (delegate the character who creeps the best), you'll find more than 1,300 gold in the chest.
When trying to return to Calandra, the team will be detained by a group of hostile pirates led by Eadmund. You can tell the truth or lie, but regardless of the dialogue options you choose, you won't avoid slashing with them. Fortunately, defeating the pirates should be quite easy (don't leave the opponent with a gun at the end).
After coming back to Calandra, talk to her and watch the show that will end the quest. In addition, you will receive 1,500 gold as a reward.