This page contains our walkthrough for Maia's personal quest in Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire called The Courier's Calling. You should get this quest shortly after joining her to your party. This mission is rather short and not that challenging - complete it to improve your relationship with Maia and get a unique arquebus.
The main goal of this quest is to deliver letters to two people - one on Tikawara (M27) and one in Port Maje Harbor (M3). It doesn't matter where you go first - the quest ends in the same way.
- Deliver documents to Harama
- Deliver the documents to Tuaha
- Head to The Brass Citadel
- Reward for completing Maias quest
Deliver documents to Harama
Harama can be found on Tikawara (M27) in the place marked in the picture. After getting closer you will witness a quarrel between a group of people and Harama. You also get involved - this can be solved in two ways:
- Attack the group of people - they are rather challenging enemies. However, Harama will help you in the fight.
- Solve the conflict peacefully - in this case you have to choose one of the unique dialog lines: Coastal Aumaua / Insight 3 / Intimidation 4 / Island Aumaua + Deadfire Archipelago.
Regardless of how you solved this conflict, Harama will receive the letter. You can now continue with the quest.
Deliver the documents to Tuaha
Tuaha can be found in Port Maje Harbor (M3), next to The Kraken's Eye inn (the exact location is presented in the picture above). Speak with her - you learn that someone is following the woman. She won't accept the letter until you get rid of the spy.
The spy's name is "Kuaru Craftsman" - see the picture above to see how he looks like. The spy roams the area - find the man and speak with him. You now have to decide on how you want to get rid of him:
- You can attack the spy - he isn't a challenging opponent, and the guards won't pay attention to the fight.
- Intimidate - choose one of the interactive dialog options: Intimidate 3, and then Intimidate 3 or Bluff 2 / Bluff 3 or Insight 2.
Your choice doesn't affect the quest itself - speak with Tuaha again and give her the letter. Your new destination is The Brass Citadel (M13) in Neketaka.
Head to The Brass Citadel
Maia, after delivering two letters, must go back to The Brass Citadel (M13) in Neketaka to give her report. Inside the location, Maia will talk to you automatically - she says that she must do this alone and you won't be able to change her mind. Maia leaves your party for a few days - you can rest and wait for her to return or you can focus on other matters.
After a few days you will receive a message that Maia is back. Speak with her - she wants to visit The Brass Citadel (M13) again. The woman wants to go to Imperial Command and speak with Atsura (her office is located in the lower part of the building). This time, you will have to accompany her.
Reward for completing Maias quest
The conversation with Atsura is the last stage of this quest. Maia gives her report - you can join the dialog but this has no impact on how the quest goes. After that you receive your reward - a unique Three Bells Through arquebus.