On this page you will find descriptions of how the smaller optional tasks of the Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire that can be completed during your stay on Tikawara Island (more important and larger side quests are described on separate pages in our walkthrough section). It's a good idea to complete all of these quests, because you can gain a lot of experience, various rewards and improve your relationship with the characters or the Huana faction that lives on the island.
How to unlock: Talk with Himuihi (M27,4).
You will learn from Himuihi (M27,4) that she wants to die as a lagufaeth parent (you can still show your Survival knowledge, among other things, during the initial part of the conversation). Choose any exit from the village and after the map of the island loads up head north-west.
You must first get to the Boa Hika Pass. This includes a scripted interaction with wild boars and lagufaeths (details on map M27). No matter how you play it, continue your journey until you reach the Hohina Ravine shown in the picture (map M28). Move to it and start exploring it. While crossing, watch out for single traps and monsters - you will fall into lagufaeths and scarab beetles.
Go towards the northern part of the ravine. The Lagufaeth Broodmother will be seen for the first time at the waterfall (M28,4), but her bedding is Broodmother's roost (M28,5). There are two main ways to behave here:
- Murder of the mother and all the other lagufaeths. You can attack the monsters right away or by selecting the appropriate dialog during the conversation. The mother is obviously more resilient, but beware of the magic of the lagufaeths as well. After the battle, examine the corpse of the broodmother and find Head of the Broodmother from Tikawara and a necklace - Baubles of the Fin (+1 Endurance and Intellect, ensure Cruelty and Curiosity).
- Interview with the parent and fulfill her request. When you try to communicate with Lagufaeth Broodmother, you can select dialog options for the enigmatic or hunter, but you will also be able to understand her without them. You will find that the parent wants her younglings to be released. You can return to Tikawara and reach the cage with the young lagufaeths (M27,3) (picture above). It only has a 3rd level lock, but if you are caught by Pekeho in opening the cage, you will deteriorate your relationship with the Huan faction (it's worth waiting for the night to come or for Pekeho to leave or use the invisibility spell). When the creatures are released, return to the mother and ask her to stay away from the village. You will receive from her a necklace - Baubles of the Fin (+1 Endurance and Intellect, ensure Cruelty and Curiosity).
Return to Himuihi (M27,4). If the mother is still alive, then she will be unsatisfied. If you have murdered the broodmother, show the head as a proof and trophy. The reward will be a Trollhide Belt (regenerates 1 health point every 6 seconds) and many Huan's reputation points.
How to unlock: Talk with Mukumu (M27,5).
Get to the central part of the village where you'll meet Mukumu and strangled Tamau (M27,5). You can promise to take a look at the theft and ask Tamau a series of questions right away. At first, you should:
- Talk to Pekeho (M27,3). You can make a "standard" conversation with him or use Bluffing 4 / Intuition 3 to successfully accuse him of a lie. Pekeho will confirm that Tamau has not stolen the fruit, but even if you come back to Mukumu and let him know about it - it won't be enough.
- Reach the Kuaru's Hut (M27,6) and talk with Rongim. During the conversation you can support yourself with Intuition 5or look at the box marked in the picture above. The box contains the Rongi's Journal. You do not have to remove it from the box (this would be treated as a theft) - right click on it to read it. You will find out that the Rongi visits the beach every night.
Another important trail is to find the stolen fruit of koika. Get to the western beach (M27,2). You can:
- Use the characters with high Perception and find the chest shown in the picture with their help. It contains Dried Koiki Fruit.
- Wait for the next midnight (you can use the option to speed up time or rest) and talk to Rongi who will appear here. It will turn out that he was the thief - use Intimidate 4 or Bluffing 5 to make it easy for him to get a statement of guilt. You can also request a bribe for keeping the result of the investigation for you 400 gold pieces.
This quest can have several ends. If you have found a fruit box yourself on the beach, you can either immediately return it to Mukumu or first visit Rongi and accuse him of theft (here you can demand a bribe of 400 gold pieces). If you caught Rongi in the night, you can return to Mukumu with your knowledge.
During the conversation with Mukumu you can:
- Allow execution of the sentence in Tamau.
- Tell the truth and accuse Rongi of theft.
- Lie and say that Tamau was the thief.
As a reward for your investigation, you will have a strong positive reputation for the Huan faction, 3 potions of agility and Azata Nui Shell.