The page contains walkthroughs of smaller, optional quests in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, which can be triggered on the Neketaka Island (the more important quests were described elsewhere in this guide). You should make sure you complete all these quests, since they yield lots of XP and rewards, and can improve your relations with other characters and factions on the island (you will find an explicit information at the beginning of each quests' walkthrough if the given quest is linked to any faction).
- Mapping the Archipelago
- The Shipwright's Plight
- Coming to Terms
- Delver's Row (Delver's Row)
- Harsh Medicine
- All Aboard
- Food for Thought
- Sealed Fate
- Her Last Request
- Trade Secrets
- Goods and Services
- The Brass Empire
- Velvet Glove, Brass Fist
- A Glimpse Beyond
During your stay in Neketaka town you can receive unique Bounty type quests. They are smaller side missions and their goal is to eliminate either single characters or whole groups. After killing your target or targets, the party can be rewarded with gold or other rewards.
Below you can find the list of characters who can give you these quests. Each quest giver can only give you one quest at a time. You must go back to that particular quest giver after you complete their contract. Besides rewards, you also unlock new contracts. All Bounty quests are added to your journal. Also, quests given by members of certain factions can improve your relations with groups that they represent. Another important thing to know is that each mission has a marker that informs you about its difficulty level. Leave more powerful enemies (quests marked with a skull) for later and focus on other quests to level up your party.
- Aenia stands near Vailian Trade Company Headquarters in Queen's Berth (M11,13).
- Fleet Master Wakoyo is in the Fleet Master's Office in The Brass Citadel (M13,4).
- Okauro stands near the stands in The Sacred Stair (M14,5).
- Abocco is in the main room of The Wild Mare in Queen's Berth (M19,1).
Barati is in the big chamber in Kahanga Palace located in the Serpent's Crown (M25,6).
Mapping the Archipelago
How to unlock: Speak with Sanza in Sanza's Map Emporium in Queen's Berth (M11,11).
This is a group of less complicated quests that can be received from Sanza. Each one of these quests is about exploring a certain part of the game's world. This means that you not only have to reveal a fragment of the world map but also to set foot on all of the islands that are within the marked area. Also, you have to name all uninhabited islands (if you come across any of them).
Explore an entire area and then go back to Sanza to receive gold. There are five of these quests in total.
The Shipwright's Plight
How to unlock: Talk to Zamar in the shipyard, in Queen's Berth district (M11,2).
Zamar (M11,2) will inform you that Captain Radora is overdue with money. You can offer your services either unsolicited or in exchange for better prices in the store. Finding Captain Radora is one possible way of completing this quest. If you want to meet her, go to the Wild Mare (M11,19). Captain Radora is in the main room on the ground floor (M19,1). Give her 12 gold to buy some grog to make her more talkative. She'll reveal that she was robbed by pirates.
Another way of completing the quest is by reaching the back alley in the northern part of the Queens Berth (M11,6). There, you can talk to Tiela. She will share valuable info regarding the case if you give her food or intimidate her.
Go back to the back alley at night (you can rest or wait), and you should encounter the pirates, led by Cotta (you can recognize them easily, since they will be accompanied by a tamed wolf - see the screen above). Talk to Cotta and you will be able to act in a few ways:
- Attack the pirates - defeating them isn't very difficult, but you have to be mindful of Cotta, as he's more powerful, and one of the pirates, who wields magic. After taking care of the pirates, you can loot their bodies. Then, go back to Zamara, to whom you can return the gold, or claim it as a reward. During the last conversation, you can mention buying ship cannons for a better price. He will want 1000 gold (1500 if you're traveling with Maia). You can buy 4 Iron Thunder cannons.
- Force the pirates to leave Zamara alone - this requires conducting the dialogue with Cotta the right way. After demanding they returned the stolen money, choose the Intimidation (4) option. Then you will have to use Streetwise 6 or a unique option available for a Streetfighter. If you can manage to do this, you will solve the problem without bloodshed, but your relations with the Principi faction will be damaged. Go back to Zamara. During the last conversation, you can mention buying ship cannons for a better price. He will want 1000 gold (1500 if you're traveling with Maia). You can buy 4 Iron Thunder cannons.
- Offer the pirates help in settling the dispute with Zamara - if you opt for this one, Cotta will give you 200 gold. Go back to Zamara. There are a few ways in which you can convince him to cooperate - intimidate him, use Streetwise or a dialogue option unique for Rogue. The quest will be completed. Additional rewards here are improved relations with Principi and a discount at Zamara's.
Coming to Terms
How to unlock: Talk to Tawenu in front of the entrance to the Vailian Trading Company Headquarters in the Queen's Berth (M11,2).
After reaching the entrance to the Vailian Trading Company Headquarters (M11,13) you will witness a conversation between Tawenu and Luca. You can talk to Tawenu to get more info and unlock the quest we're discussing here. You can also use Bluff 2 and demand a down payment - you will get 250 gold.
Enter the building and reach Luca's Office (M18,1). This quest has a few alternative solutions. The first main one is siding with Luca and the Vailian Trading Company. After you promise Luca you will get this thing done, go to Tawenu and tell him that there's no way the deal can be renegotiated. Meet Luca again and claim your reward - 1700 gold. This will improve your relations with the Vailian Trading Company, but damage relations with the Huana.
The second main way is trying to get the deal canceled or renegotiated, that is to side with the Huana. This can be achieved in a few ways. First: intimidate Luca - you have to choose Intimidation 5 or Might 20. If you're successful, Luca will tear the contract. Additionally, you can also use Streetwise 4 and con him into paying you 1100 gold.
The next solution is to find the Forged Contract. You can find it in Luca's office, but is secured with level 8 lock. You have to break into the chest or steal the key from Luca. If you're having a hard time opening the chest anonymously, you can wait until night falls.
Another method is obtaining the real contract. In order to do that, you have to visit the VTC Archives (M18,3). There's a clerk here by default. You can sneak up to the interactive cabinet or wait until nighttime again. The right action will lead to a paragraph scene. Here, decide to search for the contract. Now, you can:
- Destroy the real contract - use History, Sleight of Hands or the regular dialogue option.
- You can swap the real contract for the feigned one - that's only possible if you have stolen the feigned contract from Luca's safe.
In any case, go back to Luca. His reaction depends on how discrete you have been with destroying or swapping the contract. If you happen to irritate the man, this could very badly damage your relations with the Vailian Trading Company.
If you've helped Tawenu, then you can go back to him, and either deny the reward, or claim games and a pearl. This is also a good way to improve relations with Huana.
Delver's Row (Delver's Row)
How to unlock: Talk to one of the NPCs in The Gullet (M12).
This is a minor quest, which can be unlocked during your first visit in The Gullet. The quest is concerned with finding the secret passage to Delver's Row (M20) where, among others, the black-market merchants have their quarters. Delver's Row can be reached through the Narrows (M12,1), but if you don't know the way, it's easy to get lost.
You can learn more about the Delver's Row from Pitla (M12,2) and Enoiego (M12,4). The most important thing, though, is getting to The Hole (M12,7) and meet Fyrna there (M22,1). Depending on your reputation in The Gullet, Fyrna will either give you advice right away, or you'll have to pay her (or alternatively improve your rep in the Gullet).
After reaching the Narrows, follow these directions: go right and then straight; investigate the market stall (you might need to complete an ability test), go through the stall.
Before you reach Delver's Row, the team might be halted by a group of bandits (the screen above). Pay them 50 gold, use special dialogue options for Diplomacy 4 / Bluff 3 or just fight them. If you decide to fight, make sure to eliminate the healer first.
The quest will end when you reach the Delver's Row (M20,1). Attention - if you've discovered the Delver's Row before starting this mission, you can still add it to the journal. If you're familiar with the path to the Delver's Row, finishing the mission will be a formality.
How to unlock: Talk to Pitli in the sanctuary in The Gullet (M12,2).
Pitli is in the sanctuary in the southwest Gullet (M12,2). The woman will tell you about the sickness ravaging the neighborhood. You can offer your help in finding and delivering medicine. Go to Delver's Row (M20) (if you don't know the way - see the quest above, where it's explained).
There are several ways to complete this task. The first option is to steal the medicine. It is stored in a secret room in the northern part of the map (M20,6). N It's easier to get there from the east. The team may find a secret switch at the location shown in the image above, but this will only be the case if at least one member of the team has a sufficiently high level of Perception (if necessary, try a potion that temporarily raises this attribute). Another way to reach the secret room is to open the door in Ernezzo's place (M20,5), but they're locked with a lvl 8 lock, and it's easy to get caught (better try at night). Search the secret room - the Drowner's Lung Medicine will be in one of the containers.
Another possibility is to as Ernezzo for the medicine. In order to do that, go to the room, where Ernezzo is running his business (M20,5). He'll give you a choice - buy the medicine for 800 gold or do him a favor. He'll ask you to kill the Spindle Man (M20,7). In economical terms, this isn't advisable: Spindle Man is a merchant, and there are two ogres guarding him. If, despite that, you can manage to kill him, you will receive the Drowner's Lung Medicine as well as improve your reputation in the Delver's Row.
Regardless of what you do, go back to Pitla. You can:
- Give her the medicine right away, for which you will receive 50 gold, a magic ring - the Halgot's Warmth (+3 strength for Priest, +3 armor efficiency vs. fire) and lots of additional reputation.
- Demand payment first (200 gold and the magic ring Halgot's Warmth (+3 strength for Priest, +3 armor efficiency vs. fire) and some reputation points (less for Children of Dawnstars than in the previous variant).
How to unlock: Automatically after approaching the elevator in The Gullet (M12,6).
The northeast part of The Gullet (M12,6) houses an elevator, which takes you to Old City Outlook. After reaching the place for the first time, you will see Botaro being sent down. After the quest is added to your log, talk to Hitenga. Then, go to Biha's house in the center of the map (M12,5) and talk to Biha.
This quest has two main goals. The first on is finding Botaro. Go back to the elevator and talk to Hitenga. He has to be convinced to allow you use the elevator to reach the Old City. You can bribe him (200 gold) or use special dialogue option 3 History or 5 Survival. After doing that, you will learn that the elevator is staying at the bottom only for half a day. Take the elevator to get to Old City Outlook (M21,2). Botaro's corpse can be found not far west from the elevator (M21,14) (the screen above). Examine them and read the dead man's soul. During the conversation with Dereo, choose the second dialogue option. You will learn where did Botaro hide the gold. You can leave the Old City.
Go back to the Gullet and locate the chest with gold. It's located in the spot highlighted on the screen above, south from The Hole (M12,7). Attention - if you're having a hard time finding the chest in the Gullet, use potions or magic increasing Perception of that member of your team, whose perception is highest. You will find 600 gold in the chest.
The other main goal of this quest is making sure Biha and her kids have place on the ship. Go to The Hole (M12,7) and find captain Seduzo in the main hall (M22,1). During your encounter, you can use Streetwise 4 / Intuition 3 / History 2 and blackmail Seduzo, but this will only secure passage for 3 members of the family. If you want to help the entire family, head to the upper floor of the tavern and talk to dwarf Orron (M22, 6). You can use a peaceful or an aggressive approach to convince him to give up his reservation.
Deal with all the described matters and head back to Biha (M12, 5). Tell her how many spots on the ship you've managed to negotiate. If there aren't enough spots for everyone, you can decide yourself, or leave it to Biha to select those, who will be allowed to embark on the journey. If you still have 600 gold from the Botaro stash, you can offer to give it to her, but Biha will reject. Completing the quest will yield some additional reputation in The Gullet.
Food for Thought
How to unlock: Talk to Enoi in his hut in the Gullet (M12, 4).
Enoi will explain that the poorest dwellers in the Gullet are struggling to get food. You can agree to help them. There are three people in Neketaka that can help you solve this problem:
You can ask Prince Aruihi for help. Aruihi is in the main chamber of the Kahanga Palace in Serpent's Crown (M25, 1). Explain the situation and select one of the standard dialogue options, and ask the Queen to intervene. Unfortunately, this will lead you nowhere. Your only chance is to select a unique dialogue option Streetwise 4 / Intimidate 5. Although the prince will provide food supplies, you will SIGNIFICANTLY decrease reputation among Huana faction.
You can ask Dawnstars for help. In order to do that you will need to go to Pitli's Sanctuary (M12, 2) and meet with Pitli. She will send you to the Temple of Gaun in Sacred Stair district (M14, 7). There, you will meet with High Priestess Saewyn. You will find out that Dawnstars can begin charity service but they will need support from the Queen or the smugglers. Thus, you will need to visit Prince Aruihi (option 1) or Captain Mad Morena (option 3). Reach one of these characters and select the dialogue option related to Dawnstars.
You can ask Captain Mad Morena for help. This is the most challenging option, as you need to make your way to Undercroft located under Delver's Row in the Gullet - Check map M20 in our map atlas to find out how to get there, or read about side quest The Cornett's Call. Captain Mad Morena is located in Smuggler's Fort in the east part of Undercroft (M20, 14) (see above picture). Your interlocutor will offer help for 30000 gold (just ignore that offer) or ask you a favor - complete side quest Goods and services which requires stealing Luminous Adra.
Go back to Enoi (regardless the option you selected) to solve the food problem. You will not receive any reward but you will significantly improve your reputation in the Gullet.
How to unlock: Talk to Degnos in front of Luminous Bathhouse in Periki's Overlook (M15, 8).
Next to Luminous Bathhouse, you can come across Degnos, who will ask you to retrieve his satchel and return it untouched. You can enter Luminous Bathhouse immediately. Head to the upper floor. Degnos' Satchel is inside the wardrobe on the upper floor (M24, 3) - see the presented picture.
Return to Queen's Berth (M11). Your team will be automatically stopped by Principi sailors led by Talfor. This encounter can end in two ways:
- You can confirm that you are trying to deliver Degnos his satchel, and allow Talfor and his men to "escort" your team to Queen's Berth.
- You can attack Talfor and the rest of the pirates. If your team is not skilled enough, you may find this fight very difficult. If you end up in a fight, make sure to deal with enemies using magic first. Furthermore, you should draw attention to explosive barrels. Finish the fight and continue your journey, or take your time to search the fallen bodies (Talfor uses a fine weapon, armor, and boots).
Once you are in Queen's Berth reach the Wild Mare (M11, 19) in the south part of the district. This quest has four main endings:
- Return Degnos his satchel without opening it - you will receive some gold.
- Open the satchel (you will find Avetta's Seal and a suspicious letter - plan to sabotage Avetta's ship) and talk to Degnos. You can convince him not to carry through with the sabotage plan.
- Deliver the satchel to Avetta without opening it. Avetta will open the satchel and Degnos will escape.
- Open the satchel (you will find Avetta's Seal and a suspicious letter - plan to sabotage Avetta's ship) and talk to Avetta. You can give Avetta the seal and reveal the truth or lie how you acquired the satchel.
If you prevented the sabotage, you can speak again Company will improve, but your reputation with Principi faction can decrease.
Her Last Request
How to unlock: Speak with Muhai's Spirit in Muhai's Estate in Serpent's Crown district (M16, 3).
Enter Muhai's Estate (M16, 3) and you will meet Muhai - she is a ghost. Head towards the bedroom and collect Muhai's Remains. Speak with Muhai again, and she will ask you to cremate her remains.
Head to Sacred Stair and reach Temple of Magrany (M14, 1). You may try to drop her remains into the fire (you will be stopped) or you can speak with High Priest Hati. You will find out that due to previous events burning Muhai's Remains is forbidden. The conversation can continue in various ways:
- You can let Hati bury her remains on the outskirts. You will gain some reputation with Huana faction, but Muhai's Spirit will be furious.
- You can ignore Hati's warning and burn Muhai's remains. You will gain negative reputation with Huana faction, but Muhai's Spirit will be pleased.
- You can convince Hati to change his decision. Increase your chance by selecting one of the unique dialogue options (Diplomacy 5 / Resolve 15 / Insight 4) - if you stick to this idea throughout the entire conversation and your reputation with Huana faction is good.
If you are planning on burning the remains, just before you do that, you can ask Muhai about a chest with gems. Use a character with the highest Perception to find it.
How to unlock: Speak with Prince Aruihi in the Throne Hall in Kahanga Palace (M25, 1).
You can meet Prince Aruihi for the first time after you finish your audience with the Queen. You can take a quest from him - you will need to investigate the black market activity in Neketaka, and find out about the suppliers. You will also receive Envoy's Badge. This quest is directly connected with several other side tasks in Neketaka:
- The main location of the black market in Neketaka is in Delver's Row (M20), a district neighbouring with the Gullet (M12) - you can get there during side quest Delver's Row.
- When visiting Delver's Row you can also meet with Ernezzo (M20, 5) and show him Envoy's Badge. Then, you can kill him to improve your reputation with the Prince (prepare for a tough fight and significant decrease of reputation in Delver's Row) or use one of the unique dialogue options - Bluff 5 / Diplomacy 5 / Streetwise 5 / Intimidate 4. This will help you find out who Dereo is.
- One of the most important characters in Delver's Row is Dereo the Lean, who can be found in Dereo's Lair. More information on the encounter with Dereo can be found in the walkthrough of quest The Cornett's Call. Once you find Dereo, you can cooperate with him or murder him to improve your reputation with the Prince. If you choose the latter, prepare for a tough fight with Dereo and other characters from his Lair.
- Your next step is to find Undercroft located under Delver's Row (M20, 9) - Information on how to reach this underground location can be found in the walkthrough of quest The Cornett's Call and map M20 in our map atlas. Keep in mind that you need to use the north corridor in Delver's Row (M20, 8) and eliminate bandits guarding that path, or refer to Dereo.
- You can return to Prince Aruihi as soon as you locate the Undercroft (Undercroft only needs to appear on your map). Tell Prince the truth about the smuggled goods by Principi via Undercroft, or lie that you did not find anything (negative reputation with Huana faction). If you use Streetwise 6 during the conversation, you will receive 1500 gold. Furthermore, if you already investigated the Old City, e.g. as a part of side quest The Cornett's Call, you can also tell the Prince about the found mosaic.
If you helped the Prince with the "investigation", your reputation with Huana faction will significantly improve and Aruihi will give you another quest - The Last Sanctuary.
Goods and Services
How to unlock: Speak with Capitan Mad Morena in Smuggler's Fort in Undercroft (M20, 14).
You can begin the quest once you reach Undercroft located under Delver's Row (neighbouring to the Gullet). Information on how to reach this underground location can be found in the walkthrough of side task The Cornett's Call and map M20 in our map atlas. Reach Smuggler's Fort (M20, 14). If your reputation with Principi faction is low, Capitan Mad Morena will be suspicious at first - use Streetwise 6 or give her 500 gold.
You can start the described quest on your own, or as a part of another side task - Food for Thought (M12, 4). Mad Morena wants you to steal Luminous Adra for her. In order to do that, you need to travel to Queen's Berth and head to Luminous Mill (M11, 12). There are many interactive containers with Crate of Crude Luminous Adra in the main room of the mill - see attached picture. Taking the crates is stealing of course, thus if you want to avoid fighting, assign this task to a character with the highest Stealth skill and wait for all the mill workers to move to a different room.
You will need to steal 6 crates of Luminous Adra. Take them back to Capitan Mad Morena. As your reward, you will receive a unique sabre - Tarn's Respite (great quality, 21-31 damage, 10 penetration, +10% damage with Sabre attacks, +30% damage, +8 accuracy, +3 penetration, +20% damage as Freeze). You can also ask her to restart food supplies as a part of quest Food for Thought. Furthermore, completing this quest will improve your reputation with Principi faction.
The Brass Empire
How to unlock: Automatically after the audience with Queen Onekaza II in Kahanga Palace (M25,1).
This is a very short and simple quest. Hazanui Karu represents Royal Deadfire Company and the first meeting with her takes place during the audience with Queen Onekaza II which is part of The Veins of Eora main quest. After the audience you have to go to The Brass Citadel and enter the Imperial Command (M13,6). Hazanui Karu can be found in her office (M23,1) (before that you weren't permitted to enter inside). You learn about a possibility of working with Royal Deadfire Company. Meet with Atsura (M23,6) to unlock The Storms of Poko Kohara and Dim Prospects side quests (it is possible that you already have these quests in your journal).
Velvet Glove, Brass Fist
How to unlock: Speak with Fassina in The Dark Cupboard located in Periki's Overlook (M15,4).
Fassina, the owner of The Dark Cupboard, can give you a quest during which you have to retrieve the titular gloves. You can ask her about an additional reward before you go and get the gloves back - you can choose reduced prices for her goods or a key to the Arkemyr's manor which is part of The Archmage's Vault side quest (M15,3).
Travel to The Brass Citadel. The person you are looking for is Bertenno (the picture above) - you can find him near the docks (M13,7). You can sneak on him and steal Rokowa's Fingers but this requires high Sledge of Hands. Otherwise, you will have to speak with Bertenno. Regardless of how you mention the gloves, the conversation gets interrupted by Hamuto. You can:
- Attack Hamuto and his men - This is definitely the worst option because everyone in the area will join the fight. This also worsens your relations with Royal Deadfire Company. If you still want to have a fight with him then use Intimidate 3 to scare off a few of his men.
- Let Hamuto take Bertenno - This is another bad option because you won't get the gloves back. However, there is an option of visiting Bertenno in prison (M23,7) - you can try to get the gloves again.
- Ask Bertenno for the gloves before he is taken to prison - You can get them easily - pay Hamuto 100 gold or use Streetwise 1 / Arcana 1 / Insight 1 / Rogue class to inform him that the gloves belong to Arkemyr.
- Pay Bertenno's debt - You will need to pay Hamuto 400 gold. Bertenno won't go to jail and he will give you the gloves.
With gloves in your inventory, you can now go back to Fassina. Here, you can lie about what have happened to Bertenno or tell her the truth. The regular reward is 500 gold. However, you can use Streetwise 4 and ask her for more - 600 gold. Also, if you have negotiated an additional reward at the beginning of the quest, this is the moment where you will get it - reduced prices for Fassina's goods or key to Arkemyr's manor.
Rokowa's Fingers, an item that can be acquired during this quest, are now available in Fassina's offer - they should cost about 1,700 gold. This item is very useful for thieves - it increases Sledge of Hands and Dexterity by 1 point and they unlock Sparkcrackers ability.
A Glimpse Beyond
How to unlock: Speak with Flaune Elette at the top of Spire of the Soul-Seers in The Sacred Stairs (M14,4).
Flaune Elette can be found on the rooftop of the Spire of the Soul-Seers (M14,4) - enter the building and find the stairs that lead to the top. You can help her in a certain experiment.
Important note - During this conversation the game will ask you to confirm that you are ready (this moment is presented in the picture above). If you confirm it, the game will move you to another world IMMEDIATELY after the end of the dialog. You won't be able to go back until you fully explore it. The new "land" isn't that vast and it isn't inhabited by powerful creatures. However, it is better to send your party to rest. You can also create a separate save file, just in case.
Shortly after starting the experiment, the party gets moved to Realm of the Beast of Winter. Start exploring it. Scourging Blights will keep attacking you. However, these monsters aren't challenging (they are only invulnerable to Dexterity-based abilities). Look for places where you can extract Spirit Residue (remains of Blights and interactive containers - some of them are hidden which means that they can only be detected by a character with high Perception) - they are valuable alchemy ingredients.
The path to the goal is linear and it leads to the area presented in the picture above. Your party gets attacked by more Scourging Blights and a powerful Soul Collector. The first thing you should do is to defeat the Blights. Then, you can attack "the main" monster. Keep your weaker party members away from the Soul Collector. Search its corpse (you can get rare ingredients - Primal Flame and Primal Wind) and then go east a little bit. Here, you will have to speak with Rymrgand. You don't have any control over how the conversation goes.
A portal opens. Go through it to return to "your" world. Tell Flaune Elette and the other animats about your visit in Rymrgand's domain. For that you will receive 400 gold. Also, a new quest has been added to your journal - Skipping Ahead (you probably have to wait a bit longer until you will be able to start doing it).