The page contains a description of the quest To Hunt a God, which is part of the main storyline in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. The quest is triggered automatically after finishing the prologue, i.e. wrecking the ship. The main theme here is finding traces of Eothas on the Port Maje Island. You will also get another main quest, Stranded. These quests are largely synchronous.
Traveling to the city
After regaining consciousness on the beach in Vilario's Rest (M1,1) talk to Eder and the Stewart. Eder should be convinced to join the party. You can choose a class for him right away.
Leave this location to load the map of the whole island. Go north, towards the city of Port Maje (M3). On your way, you will pass the Ilonet's Fork, where a paragraph scene will commence (the screen above).
- You have to close in right away or use Sneaking and scout ahead (approach the pilgrims, prepare an ambush or leave the crossroads).
- Greet the pilgrims any way you want.
- You can examine the wagon (use Sleigh of Hands to take advantage of the situation and steal something, or use Might to lift the wagon - for which you will get some gold and gain some reputation points with the Children of the Downstairs) or use Intimidation on the pilgrims (you get gold and alchemy ingredients; you can then leave or kill the pilgrims to loot everything from them) you can also leave without examining the wagon (negative reputation with the Children of the Downstairs).
- During the meeting with the pilgrims, an exclusive dialogue option is available for Eothas Priest.
Getting to the excavation site
Proceed with your journey until you reach Port Maje Harbor (M3). You need to meet with Governor Clario twice, once near the Podium (M3,1) and then in his Estate (M5). You can reveal the fact that you're looking for Eothas or keep it to yourself. You will get a new lead regarding the examination of the excavation site on the island.
Leave Port Maje and set out to the southeast from the city. You have to reach the Whakura Pass. A new paragraph scene will commence (see above).
- You can use Perception and Survival to search the area, which will let you discover a trap. You need Mechanics to disarm it. Alternatively, you can just start crossing the pass, but that's risky.
- After encountering the xaurips you can either attack them right away or try to surprise them. You can also try unique dialogue options for a Rogue or Cipher. If you start a fight, you will need to defeat a few xaurips, led by Stone-Tooth. Xaurips will drop things such as crafting materials, spears, shields and trophies.
Finding the pillar of luminous adra
After overcoming the Pass, reach the Engwithan Digsite (M8). There are a few prints of the enormous feet of Eothas, but examining them doesn't do anything. You can go towards the entrance to the Arena Sub-level (M9) right away. That's the most important dungeon to examine in this part of the island.
Exploring the whole dungeon is optional. Go west through the menagerie (M9,6) where you will have to defeat (or sneak past) some Will-O'-Wisps and Sporelings. A while later you'll also run into Anomaly Essence. The ultimate destination is the hall with the pillar of luminous adra (M9,9). There, you will find conflagrated Oderisi and obtain his Notes.
Soon, a paragraph scene will commence (picture above). But you cannot seriously influence it (treat the souls any way you want). The whole quest will be concluded here, and you will unlock another main quest, Eora's Vains that will be about finding more pillars of luminous adra. You can tell your party the truth or lie about what you've experienced.