Port Maje is an island and the starting location of Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire. While exploring it you mainly visit large areas, which maps can be found on the previous pages of this guide. However, there are also smaller areas on the Island. Exploring them can grant you treasure (often random) or triggering interactive scenes (e.g. meeting potential enemies). Below, there is a list of these areas that includes information about the dangers and oddities you can find in each one of them.
List of extra areas
1. Campsite to the east of Vilario's Rest - you can find alcohol.
2. Ilonet's Fork north of Vilario's Rest - an interactive scene will occur (picture above).
- You can approach them in a straightforward manner or use stealth to scout the area (approach the pilgrims and prepare a surprise attack or move towards the crossroads).
- Interact with the pilgrims in any way you want.
- You can inspect the wagon (use Sleight of Hand to steal something or use Arcana to lift the wagon up- you'll get gold and reputation points with the Children of the Dawnstars or use Intimidate on the pilgrims (you'll receive gold and alchemy supplies; then you can take your leave or attack and kill the pilgrims to loot everything they have) or completely ignore the wagon (receive negative reputation points with the Children of the Dawnstars).
- During the meeting with the pilgrims there's an additional option available only for a Priest of Eothas.
3. Rice farm to the far east of Vilario's Rest - you can buy rice, bread and wine.
4. Orchard to the North of the town of Port Maje - you can find fresh fruit.
5. Burial Site west of the town of Port Maje - You can explore this area several times to receive random treasure.
6. Upoho Wharo Woods east of the town of Port Maje - triggers an interactive scene (picture above).
- You can inspect signs using Perception and Survival, and then identify them thanks to History. Alternatively, you can just continue your journey.
- You can meet up with the old druid, use Charm Beast on the boars, prepare a trap or use Stealth to safely exit the forest.
- Assuming you met the old druid you can ask him for supplies (use Religion) and inquire about his boar. You can also use Insight, Survival or Intimidate to get Wise Teeth Necklace (+1 Intellect, History and Insight).
- If you have prepared an ambush or attacked the old druid after meeting him, then 2 young boars will join the fight (on the condition that they haven't been enchanted earlier). The druid himself can't turn into a huge boar.
7. Old Battleground east of the town of Port Maje - You can explore this area several times to receive a random treasure.
8. Whakura Pass found on the way to the Engwithan Digsite - an interactive scene will occur (picture above).
You can inspect the area using Perception and Survival, thanks to this, you will discover a trap. To disarm it, you'll need to use Mechanics. Alternatively, you can start crossing the pass right away, but you run the risk of activating the trap.
- After stumbling upon Xaurips you can attack them (instantly or ambush them) or use a unique option available for Ranger or Cipher. If a fight has occurred then you have to deal with a group of Xaurips, who are under the command of Stone-Tooth. Xaurips drop crafting materials, polearms, shields and trophies.
9. Encampment south of the Engwithan Digsite - you can find alcohol there.
10. Orchard north of the Engwithan Digsite - you can get fresh fruit there.
11. Shipwreck north of the Engwithan Digsite - You can explore this area several times to receive a random treasure.