Arena sub-level | Island Maje | Walkthrough
Pillars Of Eternity 2 Guide and Walkthrough
Key points of Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire M9 - Arena Sub-level
Important areas on the map
Exits from locations
Locked doors or chests
Important NPC's (quest givers, traders etc.)
New potential team members
Dangerous enemies (bosses, elite monsters etc.)
M8 – Exit to: Engwithan Digsite.
Entry Hall. You begin exploring the dungeon here. There's a copper bowl by the statues. Place the Champion's Medallion in it - you can find the medallion in Foreman's Quarters (M10,2). This will unlock the secret tomb of Ixandros. Inside you'll find an Amulet of Health and other treasures.
Room with statues. Take interest in the shields and memorize the signs on them. They're helpful in solving the puzzle in 03.
Trial of Flame. Start the fire using a torch or flint and tinder. You can solve a puzzle here and doing that unlocks room 04. The puzzle is about pressing 3 correct pressure plates - in the top row (from the left) press plates 1 and 3, in the bottom row (from the left) press plate 1.
Room with the treasure. You must solve the puzzle in 03. The chest contains a unique Gladiator Sword and Jade.
Room with imps. Watch out for the exploding barrels while fighting the monsters - you can cause a chain reaction. There's a hidden stash here and several other containers (a sword and hammer and chisel are some of the loot). The level 4 chest contains a high quality dagger and lockpicks among other things.
Menagerie. This is the central room. There are Will-O'-Wisps and Sporelings here.
Collapsed Hall. After you've defeated 2 constructs you can find a container with a sword and a pickaxe among other things.
Oderisi's Workspace. There are a lot of interactive containers here. You can find a journal entry, lockpicks, a scroll of healing and medical supplies among other things.
There's a shield with a symbol here helpful in solving the puzzle in 03.
Luminous Adra Column. Touching ash Oderisi triggers a scripted interaction as a part of the main storyline. You will also obtain Oderisi's notes.
The map above depicts the Arena sub-level. This is the first real dungeon in Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire, that you visit during your stay at the Engwithan Digsite. Your main goal in this area is to find Oderisi and his notes. On your way to the final chamber of the dungeon you can wage battles, find treasure, and even, solve the first major puzzle in the game.
Important areas in the Arena sub-level
1. Entry Hall. You Begin the exploration of the dungeon here. There's a wooden bowl near the statues. Place the Champion's Medallion you've found in the Foreman's Quarters (M10,2). This will unlock the secret tomb of Ixandros. There you can find, among others, an Amulet of Health (+15 maximum HP).
2. Statue room. Look at the two shields and memorize the patterns on them. They are going to come in handy with the (M9,3) puzzle.
3. Trial of fire. Using a torch or a flint set fire to the goblets left and right from the door (you can find torches in the dungeon). Now you are able to solve the puzzle and open the (M9,4) chamber.
4. The puzzle is solved by pressing three pressure sensitive tiles - from the top row, press (counting from the left-hand-side) tiles 1 and 3, from the bottom row, press (again,from the left) tile 1. The tiles that you can press have been shown in the picture above.
5. Room with a treasure. You have to solve the (M9,3) puzzle. The chest contains a unique Gladiator Sword and Jade.
6. Room with imps. While fighting imps keep an eye on exploding chests - you might start a chain reaction. There is a secret stash and a few containers here (among others, you can find a sword and a hammer and a chisel).
7. The chest with a lock level of 4 contains a high quality dagger and lockpicks, among others.
8. Oderisi's Workshop. There are lots of interesting containers here. You can find a page from a journal, lockpicks, a healing scroll and medical supplies.
9. There's also a shield with a symbol, which is helpful at solving the (M9,3) puzzle.
10. The pillar of shining adra. Touching burnt Oderisi triggers an interactive scene connected with the main storyline. You also receive Oderisi's notes.
Quests that can be unlocked in the Arena sub-level
[Hunting for Eothas] The Veins of Eora - the quest will start automatically after inspecting the pillar of shining adra (M9,9).
Quests that are continued in Arena sub-level
[The Hunt for Eothas] To Hunt Down a God (M1) - Find a column of luminous adra (M9,9).
[The Hunt for Eothas] Stranded (M1) - Find Oderisi's corpse (M9,9).
Types of enemies and monsters in the Arena sub-level
Brine Imp - there are two encounters with imps in the dungeon, they are immune to mind and root attacks.
Will-O'-Wisp - they can decrease your dexterity, intellect and constitution.
Sporeling - they are immune to negative intellect effects.
Rusted Copper Construct - there are two constructs that can be slain in the area; fight them one at a time, keep in mind that they are very resilient, and try to keep the weaker party members outside of their melee reach.
Other information concerning the Arena sub-level
Don't be too eager to get to the final chamber (M9,9), because on your way there you can find a lot of items and earn experience by slaying monsters. There are no traps in this dungeon, however it worth to use stealth in order to perform surprise attacks and deal more damage.