The Kraken's Eye | Island Maje | Walkthrough
Pillars Of Eternity 2 Guide and Walkthrough
Key points of Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire M4 - The Kraken's Eye
Important areas on the map
Exits from locations
Locked doors or chests
Important NPC's (quest givers, traders etc.)
New potential team members
Dangerous enemies (bosses, elite monsters etc.)
M3 – Exit to: Port Maje Harbor.
Main room. Thorel can give you "The Better Man" quest and completing it unlocks the rest options at the inn. Thorel is selling food and water ship supplies and you can also recruit an adventurer. You can examine The Kraken's Eye on the wall and steal the artifact.
Stairs connecting the ground floor with the upper floor.
Norgund's room. Norgund is a merchant - he's selling lockpicks, thief's putty (temporary +2 bonus to Stealth, Sleight of Hand and Mechanics), venom, bombs and alchemy ingredients. The chest (lvl 4 lock) contains drugs and bombs.
Room rented by Galian. Getting rid of the captain and his crew ia a part of "The Better Man" - you will receive the key from Thorel (01). You can solve the problem peacefully or defeat Galian and Baru in combat.
The map shown in the picture above presents the layout of the location known as the Kraken's Eye. This is the name of the inn that you can explore while staying at the Port Maje Harbor. Your visits to this location will be primarily aimed at taking advantage of the rest option, but you can also complete one side mission here.
Important locations in the Kraken's Eye
1. The main room. Thorel will give you a task named The Better Man here and its completion will unlock the option to rest at the inn for you:
- If you have dealt with the sailors from the upstairs room flawlessly, you will unlock the more beneficial rest option (+2 to Diplomacy, Intimidate, Bluff for 43 gold)
- If you have killed Galian, you will still be able to rent a room but on worse terms (-1 to Diplomacy, +10% to damage for 50 gold)
Thorel sells food and water supplies for the ship and also allows you to hire a traveler.
You can examine the Kraken's Eye on the wall and steal the artifact.
3. Norgund's room. Norgund is a merchant - he sells, among others, lockpicks, the thieves kit (a temporary buff of +2 to Stealth, Sleight of Hand and Mechanics), poisons, bombs and alchemical ingredients.
In the chest (which has a level 4 lock) there are drugs and bombs.
4. Galian's room. Driving out Captain Galian and his men is part of the task named The Better Man - you will receive the key from Thorel (M4,1). You can get rid of the sailors peacefully or defeat Galian and Baru in a fight.
Quests to unlock in the Kraken's Eye
[Tasks] The Better Man - Talk to Thorel (M4,1).
Important NPCs in the Kraken's Eye
Thorel (M4,1) - You will receive a task named The Better Man from him, after completing it you will be able to utilize the rest option. Additionally, you can buy food and water supplies for the ship and hire a traveller.
Norgund (M4,2) - He is one of the merchants - he sells, among others, lockpicks, the thieves kit (a temporary buff of +2 to Stealth, Sleight of Hand and Mechanics), poisons, bombs and alchemical ingredients.
Galian (M4,4) - He is connected to the mission named The Better Man. You can convince the Captain to leave peacefully or you can attack and kill him (Baru will also join him in the fight against you).
Other information related to the Kraken's Eye
Remember, that the rest option at the inn is unavailable by default. You must first complete Thorel's task The Better Man. Depending on how you handle it, you will be able to rent a room on more or less favourable conditions.